Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Donald Trump Gave $0 to Charity in Past 5 Years

I don't think has an obligation to give out their money.
    If they want and can, sure, go for it.
    We shouldn't judge a person because he's keeping what's his.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    The President is supposed to be someone that cares about other people. With that said not donating to his foundation doesn't prove he hasn't donated. This issue won't change anyone's mind anyway.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Well we know for a fact he gave the Clinton Foundation AT LEAST $100,000, so the premise of the article is.... not entirely accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    This. We also know that just a couple days ago he donated $100k when he visited the 911 museum and we know he gave $1 million a couple months ago.
    You need to read the article. His foundation has made charity donations. Trump has not put any of his own money into his foundation in years. His not his charitable givings. The reporter asked about the $1 million dollar personal donation and they would not respond.

According to tax records, the ... check came from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, the charity created by Trump in the late 1980s. The same was true on Saturday, when Trump made a well-publicized $100,000 gift to the *National September 11 Memorial Museum in New York. The foundation gave the money after Trump made a brief visit to the museum as he campaigned ahead of next week

I'm down with HRC

The article is titled in a such a way as to NOT look at all his avenues of donation, just the ones he was directly responsible for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    With that said not donating to his foundation doesn't prove he hasn't donated.
    The article is based on the Trump's claim of how much he has given to charity in the past five years.
    The Trump team is the one who put the list together and the heading is

Donald Trump
    Charitable Contributions

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/...ve-years/2013/

To say this this is not the complete list or he has donated in other ways is assuming facts not in evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    The article is based on the Trump's claim of how much he has given to charity in the past five years.
    The Trump team is the one who put the list together and the heading is

Donald Trump
    Charitable Contributions

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/...ve-years/2013/

To say this this is not the complete list or he has donated in other ways is assuming facts not in evidence.
    I said it "doesn't prove" he hasn't donated. To say it does prove he's donated nothing is to assume there are no other facts. He's a rich famous guy that attends all kinds of events. Do we know for a fact he hasn't sat at some dinner and idly wrote a check for some cause? I'm not saying I know he's charitable, just making allowance for the distinct possibility that we don't know all he's involved in.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I said it "doesn't prove" he hasn't donated. To say it does prove he's donated nothing is to assume there are no other facts. He's a rich famous guy that attends all kinds of events. Do we know for a fact he hasn't sat at some dinner and idly wrote a check for some cause? I'm not saying I know he's charitable, just making allowance for the distinct possibility that we don't know all he's involved in.
    Yes, you are making an assumption.

The assumption is that he lists out his charitable contributions he is not listing ALL of his charitable contributions. I don't think there's a basis for that assumption.

If the list was Donald J Trump Foundation Charitable Contributions, there would be a basis, but currently there is not.

Yes, you are making an assumption.

The assumption is that he lists out his charitable contributions he is not listing ALL of his charitable contributions. I don't think there's a basis for that assumption.

If the list was Donald J Trump Foundation Charitable Contributions, there would be a basis, but currently there is not.
    No, if I was making that assumption I would say "Trump has made donations." All I did was point out it's possible he gave some money without using his foundation. In order for me to be making an assumption I would have to be talking as if it was a certainty, not a possibility. Now can we be done with this fairly boring semantic argument?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    He has the right to keep his money, but it demonstrates that he does not care that much about people less fortunate than him. He is greedy, and him as president will continue to protect the top 1% as his tax plan is set to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3PO
    He has the right to keep his money, but it demonstrates that he does not care that much about people less fortunate than him. He is greedy, and him as president will continue to protect the top 1% as his tax plan is set to do.
    Remember, he's a world class business man first.

His foundation has made charity donations. Trump has not put any of his own money into his foundation in years.
    If I have a charity, and you donate 100k to it, and my charity then gives that money to some random charity group, then TECHNICALLY the money didn't come from me, but I believe I should get credit for the donation, no?

Which is why, on the first page, I said the title was worded the way it was.

If you cared half as much about who has donated TO Clinton as you care about where Trump has donated his money, we wouldn't even be talking about this. That's a fact.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

If I have a charity, and you donate 100k to it, and my charity then gives that money to some random charity group, then TECHNICALLY the money didn't come from me, but I believe I should get credit for the donation, no?

Which is why, on the first page, I said the title was worded the way it was.

If you cared half as much about who has donated TO Clinton as you care about where Trump has donated his money, we wouldn't even be talking about this. That's a fact.
    Lol what?! Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Lol what?! Of course not.
    You don't think so? If I donated $100 to the KyrieTheFuture Cancer foundation, and your foundation donates that money, you don't get to say you donated it, despite the fact the foundation with YOUR name on it gave the money? That's an odd way to look at it.

You're right, even if the Herb Albert foundation gave a million dollars to the Painted Turtle Camp, Herb Albert shouldn't be able to say he's given to charity. Cause it wasn't him, really, just a foundation with his ****ing name on it. Lol

Well, I'll make sure to tell the Donald to bring in ALL the money his charity receives, deposit it into his personal checking account, and then he needs to personally hand write every single one.

Again, if the board was half as concerned about who has donated TO Hillary as opposed to who Trump has donated to, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

We do know he has donated to Clinton, so the premise of the article is false irregardless. Unless, of course, they worded it in such a way as to make it true.
    Last edited by UK2K; 04-12-2016 at 12:40 PM.

The title of the thread was exact the title of the article from the source. Just copy and paste

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Remember, he's a world class business man first.
    Yep. He looks out for himself first. Everybody else is expendable.

I'm down with HRC

No you get credit for setting up a charity. Not for the donations.

The simplest way to look at this is YOUR charitable donations can be claimed on your taxes.

Since you bring up the Clintons, we know exactly how much they gave to charity because she had released their of tax returns. Since 2009 they have given about 11%.

No, I don't care who donates to the Clinton Foundation. I care what kind of charity it is. It appears to be an exceedingly well run one with over 85% of funds going to charity programs. It has an A rating and is considered a top tier charity by CharityWatch. It's succeeding in changing people's life fighting AIDS and poverty.

Run a google site search for "Clinton foundation" on an African news site like allafrica.com to see what this charity is about.

"clinton foundation allafrica.com"