Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-30-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default Near future contenders

Which teams do you see as solid playoff teams 3-4 years from now? Assuming their GMs/owners don't screw up. Up-and-comers, if you will?
I like
Atlanta
Portland (they got some serious young studs)
Charlotte
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

New Orleans, Orlando and I like Portland's direction too.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

not just cuz im a minni fan but minnesota..they're looking pretty good right now..all tehy need is a center...and how about...memphis...and atlanta...and maybe even the knicks
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

don't forget toronto... they have some talent brewing there and with Brian Colangelo at the helm, they could be formidable as he knows how to attract talent.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockShot
not just cuz im a minni fan but minnesota..they're looking pretty good right now..all tehy need is a center...and how about...memphis...and atlanta...and maybe even the knicks

Minny? I love KG, but i feel sorry for him cause that squat is going to be mired in mediocrity for years. sorry.

toronto is shaping up very nicely.

and of course the Bulls could be solid now and for years to come.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:33 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hornets, Lakers, Hawks, Bobcats, Clippers, and Indiana will rise again soon.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:18 AM   #7
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'd have to say orlando.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:53 PM   #8
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

yeah orlando has howard who is the next big thing, jameer nelson... if darko turns into anything decent??... plus Hill's contract expires this year & I think Penny's just expired so they have boatloads of $$ to get like a VC or something.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I have every reason to believe that the Lakers will be contenders next yr...

-Team Chemistry
-One more yr in the triangle
-The huge upside of LO and Kwame we seen after the ASB/postseason
-Growth of young players
-Kobe Bryant
-Better outside shooting
-Hunger and desire to win
-Won 45 games last yr while loseing 12 games by 3 points or less.
-Phil Jackson

55 wins???

Other teams that are one the rise are orlando with their talented youth and cap money, NO led by the next great PG Chris Paul, and Boston who also have a nice core of young talented players.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:31 PM   #10
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Portland: Webster, Aldrigde and Roy.
Atlanta: Johnson, Smith and Childress.
Toronto: Bargani and Bosh.
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:34 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hotsizzle, everything u said is about right.

About the 12 losses by 3 pts or less. Im afraid I must come down a little hard on Bryant.

When u are known as the greatest closer in the game it is time for him to step up and start leading because when people hear we lost 12 by 3 points or less or we had 10 games where we were tied or winning with a minute left they will have the advantage of criticizing Kobe's Heroics.

But I believe we can win about 8 more games + this year.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:00 AM   #12
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Hotsizzle, everything u said is about right.

About the 12 losses by 3 pts or less. Im afraid I must come down a little hard on Bryant.

When u are known as the greatest closer in the game it is time for him to step up and start leading because when people hear we lost 12 by 3 points or less or we had 10 games where we were tied or winning with a minute left they will have the advantage of criticizing Kobe's Heroics.

But I believe we can win about 8 more games + this year.

Some losses were absolutely crushing though like that one in Sactown or the cleveland one...
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Some losses were absolutely crushing though like that one in Sactown or the cleveland one...

I thought we would win the cleveland one. we were up by 10 the 4th quarter.

Thats one of the thing i absolutely get mad at phil for.

Never calling time outs. I understand he wants them to learn and try to figure it out on their own.

But This isnt "just a game". this is the NBA. He's getting paid to make us a better team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: