Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #16
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Odom Wants to Play In Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Especially offensively. In PJ's system we didn't need a pass first point guard. Those days are over. Brown's offensive schemes are already a question. Does it work? Is it effective? Will everyone be happy in it? We will need a pass-first point guard this time, and Im not even so sure that Blake is a legitimate pass first guy. He's another Fisher to me. Defending 3 point shooter that can dribble. Thats about it I think. He doesn't take many risks which is good. His passes are fundamental and not anything special.

You make good points. Even during the back to back titles, Fisher still was one of the weaker starting pgs in the league. The triangle is one of the few systems that doesnt require much actual point guard play. Now that we will be out of the system, our lack of a pg is even bigger than it was last year.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
You make good points. Even during the back to back titles, Fisher still was one of the weaker starting pgs in the league. The triangle is one of the few systems that doesnt require much actual point guard play. Now that we will be out of the system, our lack of a pg is even bigger than it was last year.

So let me ask you then my experienced comrade, do you believe that players like Odom should be kept, even at the expense of a starting caliber point guard? If a "right" deal came along to satisfy our needs at this position, who would you be willing to give up? More importantly, who should the lakers target?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #18
with malice
I hit open 5-footers

I'd be absolutely keen to let go of Odom for a high caliber PG. I love Fish, but he wouldn't start on any other team in the league. Hell, even if LA don't land a better point, I'd be happier starting Blake. I think his last season was an anomaly. He'll be better.

Still... if LA can land a decent PG without sacrificing Odom, I'm all for it. What about Patty Mills? He's been excellent in international competition for Oz, and really hasn't had a solid shot yet in the NBA...
with malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:01 AM   #19
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
So let me ask you then my experienced comrade, do you believe that players like Odom should be kept, even at the expense of a starting caliber point guard? If a "right" deal came along to satisfy our needs at this position, who would you be willing to give up? More importantly, who should the lakers target?

I certainly would have no problem dealing Odom if we can get a decent starting pg. I just dont know who we can get. We are not getting top tier pg's for him and I am opposed to trade him for the mid to low tier pg's. Its tough because he is not good enough to get us a real good pg, but he is too good to be dealt for the pg's that teams would be willing to give up for LO. A couple of pg's that I would like for the Lakers are Kyle Lowry and Jarrett Jack. But Rockets dont really have a need for LO and Jarrett Jack isnt enough for LO.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:40 AM   #20
ClutchBucketz
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I certainly would have no problem dealing Odom if we can get a decent starting pg. I just dont know who we can get. We are not getting top tier pg's for him and I am opposed to trade him for the mid to low tier pg's. Its tough because he is not good enough to get us a real good pg, but he is too good to be dealt for the pg's that teams would be willing to give up for LO. A couple of pg's that I would like for the Lakers are Kyle Lowry and Jarrett Jack. But Rockets dont really have a need for LO and Jarrett Jack isnt enough for LO.

My thoughts exactly, i believe we should keep LO, Pau, Bynum the lot of them and see how Mike Brown can incorporate them all into an offence because it is the strongest most versatile front court in the league.

Whilst our PG position is our biggest problem i think we can survive with our current ones and our rookies with some experience given to them. Although i would love to still have someone like Ariza who could switch onto opposing PG's for small stretches of games in saying that though i think we guarded point guards quite well by utilising our big men.

To With Malice; i would love to see Patty Mills in a Lakers Jersey, reckon he would be a decent guard with some more opportunity
ClutchBucketz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: