Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Kobe is Mismatch for Lebron 1-on-1: Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUPtfJjwX4

The above video is not as specific to this debate as the one posted in the OP, but it still features dozens of plays in which Kobe is guarding LeBron and vice versa. This time, the maker of the video is a bran stan, and so it appears from this footage that LeBron is a huge mismatch for Kobe and not the other way around.

I am not arguing for LeBron > Kobe (although it's true) here, I'm just pointing out that a compilation video made by a biased fan proves nothing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus

I'm just pointing out that a compilation video proves nothing.
    It proves a ton.. the video proves that Kobe can take Lebron at will, which lets us know Jordan would take Lebron ever easier.

Not only was Jordan better than Kobe, but we have actual footage of Jordan blowing by better defenders like Rodman much easier, more frequently, and more spectacularly than Kobe did Lebron.

If your video proves that Kobe can take LeBron at will, my video proves that LeBron can take Kobe at will. And since my video features LeBron blocking Kobe at the rim, taking the ball right out of his hands on a drive, and forcing him into bad fade-away jumpers that miss horribly, it proves that Kobe can't score on LeBron.

So in this thread we learned that Kobe can take LeBron at will and score on him easily, but we also learned that Kobe can't score on LeBron at all.

Biased highlight videos that only show one kind of result prove nothing.

If your video proves that Kobe can take LeBron at will, my video proves that LeBron can take Kobe at will.
    Highlights are important.

kobe's best plays against lebron provide important revelations - his best plays are done with less ease, less frequency and are less spectacular than Jordan's best plays against a better defender (Rodman).

of course, we already know Jordan would do better than Kobe against Lebron because Jordan is better than Kobe... but with the Rodman footage, we can deduce that since Rodman is a better defender than Lebron, Jordan would be more spectacular against Lebron than he already was against Rodman...

Also, if your point is that MJ > LeBron, then you're 100% correct. Jordan was better than LeBron. It's hard to see why you're so passionate... so obsessed... with proving this... since there's really no one to prove it to. Everyone pretty much agrees with you already, you strange, strange person.
    after the 2014 Finals, people like to say they knew jordan was better than lebron all along... pathetic.

i know better than that, because all i heard from fans was how lebron was ALREADY better than jordan.... how hilarious is that..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUPtfJjwX4

The above video is not as specific to this debate as the one posted in the OP, but it still features dozens of plays in which Kobe is guarding LeBron and vice versa. This time, the maker of the video is a bran stan, and so it appears from this footage that LeBron is a huge mismatch for Kobe and not the other way around.

I am not arguing for LeBron > Kobe (although it's true) here, I'm just pointing out that a compilation video made by a biased fan proves nothing.

P.S. Jordan would have torched LeBron and everyone outside of the LeBron family has been aware of this all along.

P.S. Jordan would have torched LeBron and everyone outside of the LeBron family has been aware of this all along.
    very true and very well-said...
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-05-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    very true and very well-said...

I'm honestly curious sometimes. You obviously hate LeBron James as you are very obsessed with diminishing his reputation on these boards. Do you even think he's a great player? Where would you rank him all-time right now amongst all players, and also amongst forwards?

I'm honestly curious sometimes. You obviously hate LeBron James as you are very obsessed with diminishing his reputation on these boards. Do you even think he's a great player? Where would you rank him all-time right now amongst all players, and also amongst forwards?
    i was just annoyed when the media, espn, basically everyone kept shoving down our throats that Lebron was as good as MJ.

i think he's a great player, somewhere between top 10-20 all-time... somewhere in there... here's my actual order:

Russell, Wilt, Jordan, Kareem, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan.... Lebron could go #10 based on the most basic criteria of rankings, but there are a lot of guys that have an argument for that spot too (Kobe, West, Oscar, Moses, Dr. J and others).

and it's easy to not realize that there is a massive gap between guys at 1-5 and guys at 6-10, let alone guys further down than that.

amongst just forwards, i think he's behind Bird and Magic, possibly Dr. J too (Dr. J's athleticism in 1970 was basically equal to Lebron's now, pre-modern training... pretty amazing tbh... his highlights show unbelievable athleticism... the guy had 136 dunks as a 36-year old, etc.).
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-05-2014 at 09:08 PM.

i was just annoyed when the media, espn, basically everyone kept shoving down our throats that Lebron was as good as MJ.

i think he's a great player, somewhere between top 10-20 all-time... somewhere in there... here's my actual order:

Russell, Wilt, Jordan, Kareem, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan.... Lebron could go #10, but there are a lot of guys that have an argument for that spot too (Kobe, West, Oscar and others)... and it's easy to not realize that there is a massive gap between guys at 6-10 and guys at 1-5.
    First of all,

Second of all, I think I can speak for everyone on ISH when I say that the fact that you don't have Jordan at #1 is one of the most shocking things since the Virginia Tech massacre.

I would go Jordan, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Bird, Magic, Shaq, Duncan... I then arrive at the same problem you do. Pretty funny to me that we don't really see things all that differently after all.

MJ Posterizes James Worthy

Last edited by 3ball; 01-26-2015 at 03:12 AM.

and i know it's not a good way to do it, but i always put Russell and Wilt at the top by default - it's impossible to go back and gauge all the crap they had to deal with while being great, so i just close my eyes and give it to them...
    Well said.

I personally like both LeBron and Kobe a lot, but I find it incredibly disrespectful and ignorant when people rank either one of them in the all-time top five. I would consider both of them to be relatively equal in greatness, both in the 10-15 range. Kobe deserves to be ranked higher still, merely out of acknowledgement to what he has achieved, but I think LeBron is actually the better basketball player... if that makes sense. Jordan shits on both of them though.

So...you guys would both take Bird or Magic over Hakeem as your franchise player?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    So...you guys would both take Bird or Magic over Hakeem as your franchise player?
    In a heartbeat.