Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: 12 reasons why Evolution is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Who needs that when I have faith and can just make up shit as I go along? Faith is all so comforting! I have faith so I don't need to understand anything! I can just make it all up as I see fit! Faith is so comforting. So comforting... Can't waver on my faith because then I wouldn't be comfortable anymore and I don't want that. I want my comforting faith. It seems a bit odd you got fixated on that. I don't know what your idea of God is because you people just make the shit up as you go along. You make up whatever you want to fit what you want to believe and what brings comfort to you.
    Exactly the whole "faith" concept is so "fairy tale" and retarded. The possibility of "hope" is meaningless too. We're nothing more than just a dog-eat-dog world, survival of the fittest and not a drop more.

Why should there be? I mean hell, we created ourselves from star dust out of nowhere, and that's all we'll ever be. There's absolutely no real purpose in this life. Life... hummmmm we seem to both share that. Life. We have it, yet we have no clue what it's really about, now do we?

Yeah, the possibility of there being an actual purpose and meaningful explanation to all this around us isn't needed. Hell, why do we even care, right?! We just came out of nothing, and that's all we are, nothing! The sun, moon, stars, the multi-billion galaxies engulfed by trillions of stars etc... it's all just sheer NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    Exactly the whole "faith" concept is so "fairy tale" and retarded. The possibility of "hope" is meaningless too. We're nothing more than just a dog-eat-dog world, survival of the fittest and not a drop more.

Why should there be? I mean hell, we created ourselves from star dust out of nowhere, and that's all we'll ever be. There's absolutely no real purpose in this life. Life... hummmmm we seem to both share that. Life. We have it, yet we have no clue what it's really about, now do we?

Yeah, the possibility of there being an actual purpose and meaningful explanation to all this around us isn't needed. Hell, why do we even care, right?! We just came out of nothing, and that's all we are, nothing! The sun, moon, stars, the multi-billion galaxies engulfed by trillions of stars etc... it's all just sheer NOTHING.

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Batzman
    Yep.
    Exactly.

Just to add to the conversation, IF there is a god, why are people saying "If I was the creator...". Why do you assume that a god is exactly the same as human nature. Is it considered a given that a god is exactly like you?

Exactly.
    Spot on.

Why should you assume that there is a purpose to life? Is it possible that there is no purpose, and life just sprang up from earth. You denigrate every other argument saying there is no proof, and then you say that there MUST be a purpose to something, otherwise it's illogical. Somethings just happen. There doesn't need to be a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Why should you assume that there is a purpose to life? Is it possible that there is no purpose, and life just sprang up from earth. You denigrate every other argument saying there is no proof, and then you say that there MUST be a purpose to something, otherwise it's illogical. Somethings just happen. There doesn't need to be a purpose.
    Can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    As Richard Dawkins would say to him, the universe does not owe any of us a purpose. It could be that there is no purpose. I don't see how your life can have purpose just because you believe in God. That still doesn't mean there is a purpose. All that gives you is the hope that some being out there can explain it to you when you die. Religion does give a lot of people hope and that is great, but that doesn't mean any of it is true. Something isn't true just because you hope it is.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

The idea of a singular supreme being; the idea of a singular divine designer is unique and different from the once beforehand traditional worship of multiple gods, is it not?

It's not the same.
    not really. it is two sides of the same coin. many gods that control specific tasks, or one god that controls many tasks.

this is an interesting video, i'm not sure how accurate or accepted the hypothesis is but it is food for thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Banned

The idea of a singular supreme being; the idea of a singular divine designer is unique and different from the once beforehand traditional worship of multiple gods, is it not?

It's not the same.
    Ahura Mazda is the one true GOD

(If Zarathustra is to be believed, that is. But his word is just as good as Moses or Jesus, right?)