Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007, 11:17 PM   #16
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1
 
AppleNader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,131
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

It's odd:

The revolutionary socialist part of me is typically suppressed by the weapons & military nut part of me whenever these types of topics arise.

But on any note, i really like the ELCAN. I just bought myself one. It's a nice optic, brutally ugly, but pretty cool.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 PM   #17
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
It's odd:

The revolutionary socialist part of me is typically suppressed by the weapons & military nut part of me whenever these types of topics arise.

But on any note, i really like the ELCAN. I just bought myself one. It's a nice optic, brutally ugly, but pretty cool.
what is the ELCAN?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #18
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1
 
AppleNader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,131
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
what is the ELCAN?

its the optic that you see on their rifles. Standard issue for Canadian troops.

AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:28 AM   #19
Cavs Fan
Really Bruh?
 
Cavs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 234
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
what is the ELCAN?

It's a sighting system for a battle rifle similar to the Trijicons on our military's M16s. I have been thinking of getting the Trijicon for my Bushmaster AR but I can't come to grips with paying more for the optics than the rifle itself. On a deer rifle sure, but on a .223/5.56 I just use for plinking and not a round I'd want to defend my life with....not so sure.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #20
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1
 
AppleNader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,131
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
It's a sighting system for a battle rifle similar to the Trijicons on our military's M16s. I have been thinking of getting the Trijicon for my Bushmaster AR but I can't come to grips with paying more for the optics than the rifle itself. On a deer rifle sure, but on a .223/5.56 I just use for plinking and not a round I'd want to defend my life with....not so sure.


I have both an aimpoint and EOtech 552. I'm currently looking towards a Trijicon ACOG too. Pricey, yes, but they are really worth it.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:06 AM   #21
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,036
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

Any true assassin uses a laser pointer.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:19 AM   #22
SunsN07BookIt
Good High School Starter
 
SunsN07BookIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honey Bee and 180
Posts: 984
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Any true assassin uses a laser pointer.





"I don't need no weak ass laser pointer biatch and I am as cold as they come!"
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:52 AM   #23
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 5,115
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
I have both an aimpoint and EOtech 552. I'm currently looking towards a Trijicon ACOG too. Pricey, yes, but they are really worth it.
What you planning on doing with all these guns and equipment?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #24
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1
 
AppleNader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,131
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
What you planning on doing with all these guns and equipment?


I collect, and shoot competitively.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #25
Good Old Willy
DBDs
 
Good Old Willy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: On
Posts: 2,172
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

Interestting.

Check on the other Scott Kesterson videos on you tube. Unbelievable to watch when you know it real, not a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaC-w2dIxZc

On all the videos, note the sound of friendly semi-automatic covering fire (pop - pop - pop) practically non stop and any time the soldiers are moving.

BTW, bio info on the videographer here.

http://www.beloblog.com/KGW_Blogs/af...rial_note.html
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #26
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Canadian Military vs. The Taliban

amazing...

I am glad that I am not there, those guys deserve all the praise in the world

It is also good to see that Americans are not the only ones risking thier necks
  Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy