Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed forward Serge Ibaka to a multi-year extension, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti. According to Yahoo Sports, the deal is for four years, $48 million.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10776
    Last edited by insidehoops; 08-18-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year contract extension

okc locking down serge

raep tiem

I'm sure they were going to offer it to Harden, but they still haven't found him since the finals

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    I'm sure they were going to offer it to Harden, but they still haven't found him since the finals
    Zing!

I'm sure everyone will jump tot he conclusion that this means they won't try to re-sign/extend Harden, but that's not what this means.

hopefully brook realizes to play ibaka more after they pay him

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf

Apparently the deal is in the $40M range, so about $10M per year. Not sure what his value on the market would've been, but that may actually be a little cheaper than I figured they'd have to pay to keep him. I was thinking somewhere in the 10-12 million range.

http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/fo...3-Team-Thunder

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Apparently the deal is in the $40M range, so about $10M per year. Not sure what his value on the market would've been, but that may actually be a little cheaper than I figured they'd have to pay to keep him. I was thinking somewhere in the 10-12 million range.
    Javale Mcgee gettin paid more than Ibaka.
    Javale McGee's contract is $44 Million for 4 years, so $11 Million a year.

Edit: damn u edited ur quote lol

good for the Serge Protector.

I hope he gets Andy V money at least

Personally I don't think he's worth $10m per.. He didn't exactly have a huge impact in the playoffs/finals.. But I'm sure other teams would have lined up if they didn't lock him up.

I think him and harden are really only worth around $5m per year each..NBA, where role players get severely overpaid..

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    Javale Mcgee gettin paid more than Ibaka.
    Javale McGee's contract is $44 Million for 4 years, so $11 Million a year.

Edit: damn u edited ur quote lol
    I thought he might end up demanding $11-$13 million if he hit the market in the summer so, if it is for $10M or so a year, then it sounds like Presti worked his magic and got a pretty decent deal. Now the plus could mean it's something like a 4yr/$45M deal which would put it at about $11M a year, but still, that's about what I figured that might be the least Presti could get away with offering if he waited until the summer to match another team's offer.

Not airballing my layups anymore

He would've gotten more on the open market so in that sense OKC saved money and made a smart move.

However, I don't think he is worth $10M a year seeing as how he is neither a huge offensive threat nor a center. Shot blocking PFs shouldn't get paid that much.

Great news for the Thunder. Now go sign Harden. I like how they're sticking with there core, NBA take notes.