Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #91
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,034
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

here is another video of my little bro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDe2S...feature=relmfu
he can do about 20-25 muscle ups now, i will tell him to record himself doing that the next time
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #92
NotYetGreat
Great college starter
 
NotYetGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,451
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
here is another video of my little bro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDe2S...feature=relmfu
he can do about 20-25 muscle ups now, i will tell him to record himself doing that the next time

Damn, dawg, your brother is STRONG. That him in the latter part when he was younger?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #93
Mach_3
Good High School Starter
 
Mach_3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 904
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
I change it often depends on how I feel, some exercises I do are:

front pull downs with cable machine - 3 sets of 8
rear pull downs with cable machine - 3 sets of 8
cable machine rows - 3 sets of 8
rows with resistance band - 3 sets of 8
dumbbell rows - 3 sets of 8
lower Back extensions with exercise ball - 5 sets of 8
variety of pull ups - 5 sets of 8
shoulder shrugs - 3 sets of 10
bicep curls and hammer curls - 5 sets of 8

I usually end with some basic back and shoulder stretching for the extra flexibility

Nice

that is a lot of rows tho
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #94
eriX
Good High School Starter
 
eriX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 964
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
I change it often depends on how I feel, some exercises I do are:

front pull downs with cable machine - 3 sets of 8
rear pull downs with cable machine - 3 sets of 8
cable machine rows - 3 sets of 8
rows with resistance band - 3 sets of 8
dumbbell rows - 3 sets of 8
lower Back extensions with exercise ball - 5 sets of 8
variety of pull ups - 5 sets of 8
shoulder shrugs - 3 sets of 10
bicep curls and hammer curls - 5 sets of 8

I usually end with some basic back and shoulder stretching for the extra flexibility

is that all in one day of working out?
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #95
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,034
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Damn, dawg, your brother is STRONG. That him in the latter part when he was younger?
Nah thats some kid from the playground. He basically made every kid in the town a street workouter. He also used to practise parkour but he stopped this year ( and thank god for that, its pointless and you could easily broke a leg doing it )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb4lvDvCX7w&feature=plcp
And im not sure if stuff like this helped him or its just genetics but he grew like 20 cms in 2-3 years
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:49 AM   #96
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac
 
HardwoodLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Rec Center
Posts: 3,654
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Pull-ups in the movies:

Will Smith in 'I Am Legend'



Ben Affleck in 'The Town'



Jason Statham in 'Death Race'



"his back looks like Satan"

LOL @ that youtube comment about Statham
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #97
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,361
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

I don't have access to a pull up bar and haven't in years, so I am unsure, but probably roughly 10. In my peak, I could do 30+ easily. 50 maybe?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #98
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac
 
HardwoodLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Rec Center
Posts: 3,654
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I don't have access to a pull up bar and haven't in years, so I am unsure, but probably roughly 10. In my peak, I could do 30+ easily. 50 maybe?

Why you scared tho?



And if you don't belong to a gym, is there a park nearby? You could probably find one there.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #99
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,361
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Why you scared tho?



And if you don't belong to a gym, is there a park nearby? You could probably find one there.

lol, I'm not going to a park just to see how many pull ups I can do, and I'm too poor to pay for a gym membership. I'm surviving off of using the couple hand weights I have, pushups, and running outside.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #100
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 19,705
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Not sure. I would hope I could do at least one
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #101
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac
 
HardwoodLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Rec Center
Posts: 3,654
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
lol, I'm not going to a park just to see how many pull ups I can do, and I'm too poor to pay for a gym membership. I'm surviving off of using the couple hand weights I have, pushups, and running outside.

Door frame pull-up bars are sturdy and reliable as hell.

You should get one. A good addition to your guerilla gym endeavors.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #102
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,034
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

come on man you could do pullups on basically anything- on a tree, on a basket hoop, on a soccer goal post... hell you can do on your door at home
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #103
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,361
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Door frame pull-up bars are sturdy and reliable as hell.

You should get one. A good addition to your guerilla gym endeavors.

I've thought about getting one before. I'm in no hurry, but I may get one. Still, I'm certainly not getting one just to find out my max.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #104
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac
 
HardwoodLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Rec Center
Posts: 3,654
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I've thought about getting one before. I'm in no hurry, but I may get one. Still, I'm certainly not getting one just to find out my max.

It's not about finding out your max.

I wasn't expecting you to go to a park just to find out how many you could do for that one time only. It's the fact that pull-ups are so vital of an exercise to have in your regimen. One of those that hit many muscles and trigger growth hormone into your system.

I've been sleeping on them myself for a long time and am seeing tremendous all-around physical improvement just from doing them regularly again whenever I strength train.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #105
Bane
Saw a basketball once
 
Bane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 21
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

I do 10 a day so 3650
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy