Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: LeBron James supports contraction of some NBA teams

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Im just trying to show how rediculous your reasoning is. Whys stop at 24-26 teams when you can have an all-star game every night. Or every other night with 2 teams. The talent is fine.
    No, you're not showing me anything. You're just failing to see my point.

Two teams? What the f**k???

I already explained it here:
    NBA still has to make money. 15-20 will just be falling back too much. 30 as it is right now is just too much as well with so many crappy teams and glorified regular season superstars.

24 would be enough to make(and save) money, have enough talents, and most importantly it'll add better competition.

We won't see bad basketball players in the league anymore so that wouldn't matter.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Why do you have to shorten the season for quality basketball?
    The reasons I already stated, less chance of injury, more rest, better quality when the players step on the court since they aren't tired from back to backs, travelling across the country and playing the next day etc., more practice time to execute, watching a lot of teams I'm sure you could agree many could use that.

As well, less meaningless games, I see threads talking about the Lakers and the other elite teams not trying because they aren't interested etc. Shorten the season and there are less meaningless games so people don't have to watch quality teams like the Lakers lose by 20+ to the Bucks for what some seem to attribute to lack of interest.

LeFail shut your ****ing mouth. Youre a sidekick, and you will forever be remembered as the biggest losing pos in nba history

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    The reasons I already stated, less chance of injury, more rest, better quality when the players step on the court since they aren't tired from back to backs, travelling across the country and playing the next day etc., more practice time to execute, watching a lot of teams I'm sure you could agree many could use that.

As well, less meaningless games, I see threads talking about the Lakers and the other elite teams not trying because they aren't interested etc. Shorten the season and there are less meaningless games so people don't have to watch quality teams like the Lakers lose by 20+ to the Bucks for what some seem to attribute to lack of interest.
    Why would having 24 teams instead of 30 increase the chances of injuries?

The 82 games schedule is fine for a 24 team league. Most of the rosters will have above average players so even if your star player is out that team will have a couple of quality players stepping up. That's why I suggested a slight roster expansion for that.

There won't be that many meaningless games because teams like the Wolves and Bucks would have more talented players on their squad. Guys like Gerard Wallace, Tyrus Thomas, David West, ect would be on the Wolves or Bucks if we get rid of the Bobcats and Hornets.

Do you see it now???? How having less teams would be that much better. But still have enough teams for enough games and help make(save) money for the league. Not 2-15 teams like 97bulls suggested. That is too extreme!!!
    Last edited by DeronMillsap; 12-24-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheSphincter
    LeFail shut your ****ing mouth. Youre a sidekick, and you will forever be remembered as the biggest losing pos in nba history
    Horrible gimmick account.

Would you please shut the hell Up!

Default Re: For once , i agree with Lebron

It wouldn't happen, the NBA wouldn't be making as much profit and their sales would eventually fail or a major drop. If teams go like that imagine the thousands of fans and millions of dollars being drained. I do want it to happen it'll make the NBA more competitive. I disagree with the person who said every team entering the playoffs is bad. I think it's alright because in the end not every teams going to win a ring or be in the finals atleast but two. The chances of the players turning into sixth men if this does happen will not really effect the team it'll effec them because their tempo players who control nothing but that. We see what happens when there's two superstars needing the ball it's either off the ball offense or quality plays one or the other.

i think getting rid of the following teams would be perfect for the NBA:

LA clippers
    Sacramento Kings
    New Orleans Hornets
    Memphis Grizzlies

seriously these teams always have horrible FO decisions, almost never make the playoffs and always overpay players.

why does joe johnson have such a fat contract? i'll tell you why, coz the league is watered down and if there were less teams he'd be in the position he should be in. a role player on a good team.

Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

I agree with Lebron..............

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    No, you're not showing me anything. You're just failing to see my point.
    Two teams? What the f**k???

I already explained it here:
    Man come on, I don't really mean there should only be 2 teams. Im just trying to prove a point. Why don't you go back to the 70s and look at all the teams and tell me who had a guy that was capable of being a starter as a twelfth man.

Like I said, theres plenty of talent. Now if you want to contract teams due to the league not making money, fine and miami would be at the top of the list. But fans aren't not going to games cuz the players are bad, they're not going cuz they're not interested in basketball. Ot in some cases the teams are bad. But there were bad teams when there were 24-26 teams in the league and the league was struggling too

Quote Originally Posted by evilmonkey
    I agree with Lebron..............
    Ofcourse you do.

Quote Originally Posted by CMsam
    I'm glad Lebron said this, as I've been saying this since the season started.

The league really IS too watered down. Look at the schedule most nights and over half the games are completely unwatchable. So many of these teams are made up of 19 and 20 year old "prospects" and journeymen never-was'es, and they're all just out there fumbling the ball around. I've seen so many mind-numblingly sloppy games this season. On a given night you could have Sacramento playing Minnesota, Charlotte playing Detroit, New Jersey playing Toronto, Cleveland playing Washington, and Philadelphia playing the Clippers. That's absolutely horrific.

If you removed Sacramento and Charlotte, you could add Gerald Wallace, Stephen Jackson, Tyreke Evans, Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, Tyrus Thomas, DeMoron Cousins, Muhammed, Diaw, Augustin, Udrih etc. to the other bottom feeders and at least make them a little better, and also eliminate some of the awful games that pop up on the schedule each night.

I think the fans should try to push this to the league and make it known that this is something fans want to happen. I know it will suck for fans of a few teams, but let's face it, if you're in the bottom 2 in attendance there's not many fans to upset.

Quote Originally Posted by CMsam
    I'm glad Lebron said this, as I've been saying this since the season started.

The league really IS too watered down. Look at the schedule most nights and over half the games are completely unwatchable. So many of these teams are made up of 19 and 20 year old "prospects" and journeymen never-was'es, and they're all just out there fumbling the ball around. I've seen so many mind-numblingly sloppy games this season. On a given night you could have Sacramento playing Minnesota, Charlotte playing Detroit, New Jersey playing Toronto, Cleveland playing Washington, and Philadelphia playing the Clippers. That's absolutely horrific.

If you removed Sacramento and Charlotte, you could add Gerald Wallace, Stephen Jackson, Tyreke Evans, Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, Tyrus Thomas, DeMoron Cousins, Muhammed, Diaw, Augustin, Udrih etc. to the other bottom feeders and at least make them a little better, and also eliminate some of the awful games that pop up on the schedule each night.

I think the fans should try to push this to the league and make it known that this is something fans want to happen. I know it will suck for fans of a few teams, but let's face it, if you're in the bottom 2 in attendance there's not many fans to upset.

Local High School Star

He's right, regardless of what any of you haters say.

Saw a basketball once

It looks like LeBron is scared of more competition.

Banned

Minnesota "Timber/Cats"
    Augustin-Wallace-Beasley-Love-Darko
    Diaw, Thomas, Johnson, etc off the bench

^^^Bottom-feeding teams would turn into that.

NBA would definitely be competitive just like the NFL and MLB.