Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Tyrone Tinesly
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Tyrone Tinesly has an OK reputation so far
Default Shooting Style

Hey everybody i gotta ask yall which way i should shoot.

Shot A: I shoot the ball above my head, but when my legs get tired the shot rarely goes in (all my shooting mechanics are correct, but my elbow is slightly not making the "L" i want Also with this shot, i get rim most of the time when i make the shot

Shot B: I shoot the ball at my waist, I get better spin and arc on the shot. I have perfect formation on this shot and most of the shots i make dont touch rim. I am more accurate with this shot and better than shot A, also when i get tired i can still shoot. The only problem with this shot is that i might get my shot blocked a lot

So ppl which shot should i pick? above the head (A) or at the waist (B)

Ty for readin
Tyrone Tinesly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Shooting Style

As I read before, your in the 8th grade, so shoot with shot A for now on, it will become more natural, and with your new strength (Your at the age where you naturally get big) you will shoot easier and hitting rim won't be a problem.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

anyone that shoots b is a retard
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
Tyrone Tinesly

Tyrone Tinesly has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
anyone that shoots b is a retard

but i see steve nash shoot that kind of shot and hes good at shootin
Tyrone Tinesly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

no nash shoots from his head but his shooting hand is completely straight...

by b i think you mean like shawn marion im guesssing
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:04 AM   #6
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

if you shoot from your waist you're gonna get stripped by a good defender every single time. that's a horrible habit, go with A
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:24 AM   #7
Trajko

Trajko has an OK reputation so far

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. You're practicing. It's normal that when you get tired you tend to miss more even though your mechanics are right.

The thing about getting your shout blocked is this..

I'm a big believer that eveybody should keep the same shooting style unless they get blocked. I mean, it can happen every once in a while if you have a 7 footer that jumps high:) but if it's too often, change it. Practice those arch shots and develop a new routine and stick to it.

The point is to develop a consistency so that even if you're open of somebody's guarding you, your shooting style will be the same.

I have a website full of free basketball tips. It has some nice tips on shooting too so you can check it out if you want..

http://www.best-basketball-tips.com
Trajko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: