Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #46
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Go for it Hawks, sign Theodorus Papaloukas

Quote:
And Lithouania is a consistant basketball powerhouse, with or without NBAers. They beat USA. By doing so, they proved once again that statements like "what they did outside the NBA doesn't matter" is false.

No they dont. If anything beating the dream team then being a 3rd string player in the NBA proves it right.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #47
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
you made that up. i didn't say so. and i don't mean so.

Topic starter said so.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #48
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't know, man. 30 year old rookie?

30 year old rookie that's never played American style basketball?

I'm more inclined to expect a Fabricio Oberto-type of impact than anything else. Solid role player, but not even starter quality.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #49
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I'll tell you one thing... If the hawks selct this guy and he turns out to be a waste, they will be laughed at even more for all the guys they passed up only to pick a stiff... Hawks always seem to be a few moves behind the curve when it comes to selecting players
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:48 PM   #50
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

he's 30, he won't be in the draft, if he's coming he'll be signed as a free agent.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #51
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I'll tell you one thing... If the hawks selct this guy and he turns out to be a waste, they will be laughed at even more for all the guys they passed up only to pick a stiff... Hawks always seem to be a few moves behind the curve when it comes to selecting players

To defend us somewhat, for 20 years we drafted between 15-25 which is the never land for selecting players, you never know what you are going to get. We were in the 80's and 90's what the Houston Rockets, and the Lakers are now.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:08 PM   #52
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

^true

being mediocre is worse than being terrible in this league
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:42 PM   #53
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

I take a different stance on Theos impact in the league than most. He mostly would be wasted on a team like the Hawks. He needs to be on a true team, that desires to play as one, to be truly efficient. He can set his teammates up, but he needs them to be willing to work off the ball. A stagnating offense with lots of 1on1 play isnt helped by him. And in addition, he is better of on a team that isnt running up and down the court. Hawks would be a bad place for him. But him on the Spurs or the Pistons or any other respectable half court team is a good match.
A second point is, that he would be wasted on a team that has a high scoring swingman that demands the ball a lot. He is at his best when he is allowed to handle the ball. Playing him off the ball would greatly diminish his impact. (Thats the main problem of Jasikevicius as well, he needs the ball to be effective)

So who would I compare him too? He is Jason Kidd minus the awesome defense and just a little worse at everything else. Mind you, only a little.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #54
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If the Mavs cannot get Mo Williams, they should take a chance here. They desperately need a pure point guard, and Papaloukas is just that. Itīs a veteran team, that wants to win now, and nobody needs to dominate the ball on the team. I donīt think Papaloukas does even consider the Hawks to be honest. Heīs 30 years old and probably not interested to join a rebuilding club. Spurs, Pistons, Rockets, or Mavs are teams heīs likely looking at. Rockets and Mavs offer him a good shot at a starting job.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #55
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

what a foolish response
------------------------

Tell me then, what 6'7 or taller point guard has made it in the NBA successfully in the past 10-15 years? And I'm not mentioning Shaun because of his injury. He hasn't lived up to his potential that so many people thought he would be. He will never be an elite point in the NBA.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: