Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Stoudemire is already best power forward

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPaulIsPunk
    He is now already better than Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, if u don't think so, u are ignorant
    Next time, give some actual EXPLANATION and REASONING behind your statements. Or else they're of little value.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit
    Dirk is a franchise player, Amare never was.
    We've had this discussion before man. Amare and Dirk are so close right now it could go either way and actually I put Dirk ahead of Amare in my latest rankings. But to use your argument and to say its ridiculous like you said in a earlier post is plain retarded.

Rab and Aroc summed my thoughts up and I do think that Amare will pass up Kg and Dirk this next year. I have high hopes for him.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    His defensive impact inside is noticable. His rebounding is noticable. His effort is noticable. These are all qualities Amare lacks. Amare's impact on a game usually is only on the offensive end of the floor, so that alone makes KG impact>Amare's. I'm as big a fan of Amare's as anyone, but I also see major flaws in his game that if he worked on, would push him over KG.

I think there is a fine line with the system the Suns played, and Amare's willingness to put effort into being a good defender that contribute to his defensive woes. Certainly you can attribute effort into why he's not a better rebounder. He simply doesn't go all out to get a board and often lets his man overpower him. Terry Porter can only teach so much, but it will ultimately be up to him to commit to defense and rebounding.
    well to be fair kg has a big advantage over amare in experience, 13 years to 5, so we cant really expect them to be on the same level right now, like i said im not saying amare is better i would just prefer to have him on my team. i think amare gets alotta flak for his defense and rebounding but he has been overpowered by bigger opponents his entire career and you got players like yao ming who's rebs are very close to amare's.playing for D'antoni hasnt helped him develope defensively, hopefully he will work on that and get better, and playing against pf's instead of centers is a plus.when you look at amare's career stats so far i think he stacks up well against any other c/pf.

21 pts...9 rebs
    playoffs career stats
    25 pts...10 rebs

kg career stats
    20 pts..11 rebs / playoffs 21pts..12 rebs

duncan
    21 pts...11 rebs / playoffs 20pts...11 rebs

yao
    19pts...9 rebs /playoffs 21 pts...8rebs

   

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPaulIsPunk
    He is now already better than Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, if u don't think so, u are ignorant
    cool, that sums up the seven-year olds.

but what do the eight-year olds think?

He's not complete enough....he's a one man wrecking ball, with limited skills? He probably could be the best, if he really wanted to though?....he may not have limited skills at all?, if he got his head into it.

He is an impressive player, I'll give you that.

just like he did with (GOAT) Tim Duncan... I believe Pop can make Amare even greater than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpuente
    just like he did with (GOAT) Tim Duncan... I believe Pop can make Amare even greater than he is.
    Ya....he needs someone that would push him to the next level.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

duncan > kg >>> amare

Local High School Star e20dyl4n's Avatar

amare is a loser and always will be a loser. i dont see him carrying a team like duncan. he doesnt do the little things. he does the things that make him look good dunks and bs. to someone who knows the game and isnt a superstar band wagon d1ck rider you can see right through amare for what he is

Quote Originally Posted by e20dyl4n
    amare is a loser and always will be a loser. i dont see him carrying a team like duncan. he doesnt do the little things. he does the things that make him look good dunks and bs. to someone who knows the game and isnt a superstar band wagon d1ck rider you can see right through amare for what he is
    dude is goin off

Stoudamire is not beter than KG and timmy -.-

hes a great scorer, probably the best scoring big man. But he doesnt put that defensive, passing, intesity like kg and timmy..

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I'd take him over any other PF other than Duncan. Oh, and if you consider Dwight a PF too, but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by e20dyl4n
    amare is a loser and always will be a loser.
    Stop typing stupid crap.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    We've had this discussion before man. Amare and Dirk are so close right now it could go either way and actually I put Dirk ahead of Amare in my latest rankings. But to use your argument and to say its ridiculous like you said in a earlier post is plain retarded.

Rab and Aroc summed my thoughts up and I do think that Amare will pass up Kg and Dirk this next year. I have high hopes for him.
    It's ridiculous to say Amare is the BEST PF. That was my point.

High School Starter

I would take KG and Duncan (if you consider him a PF, not a center) over Amare anyday. There are two sides on a basketball court. I would also take Dirk over Amare because he has the long range game and he's a better rebounder. I think Amare still could be the best PF in the league, he just has to improve his weaknesses.