Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy confirms Dwight Howard asked Magic to fire him

I like what Charles and Kenny said. Stan should not have come out and said that, but the real culprit here is the person who leaked it to him in the first place. That's some backstabbing ass shit if Dwight felt this was someone he could trust, and then go running to Stan. Dwight should know the people he is discussing business with.

But even then, wtf is managament doing giving Dwight all this power in the first place? He is a player, he should have no damn say in your business decisions, if he don't agree, let his ass walk. You should have not fell for the bullshit, and traded his ass.

Management gets all the blame in this one from me.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    Would Stan still be entitled to his money if he quit though? Or is it only if he gets fired?
    Pretty sure he'd get nothing if he willingly quits. Probably the only reason he's still there.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

shhhhh, don't tell them I'm a douche.
    alternate version: shhhh, don't tell them I run the Magic.
    Last edited by FindingTim; 04-06-2012 at 02:10 AM.

As result

The ISH'ers Champion!

The Magic just need to BLOW UP as an organization. They clearly have no vision at all for this team or the future. The coaching and the players aren't seeing eye to eye and their interaction is uncomfortable and unbearable. They clearly can hardly co-exist.

First off fire Otis for being short-sighted and not trading Dwight for Bynum when he had the change. Add to that how poorly he built around Dwight with the opportunities he has had and you get a total **** of a GM. Fire his stupid @ss. You don't get to screw too many times and still keep your job ****0t.

Second, fire that snitch on management....I am pretty sure he has another snitch right there with him, two as it's usually the case for snitches, CLEAN HOUSE at Top first.

The owners need to CLEAN HOUSE, starting Top to bottom with management.

Bottom:

FIRE VAN GUNDY's sorry @ss and his assistance coaching staff....

Van Gundy clearly lost this team, he's clearly failed as a leader, and has no relationship at this moment with the most important player in that Team, Dwight.....as a result, he has also lost the confidence of the rest of the team and morale is bottom-line atrocious within that team. Players who have doubts of their future within the team or simply just loose faith in the team will not give 100%. This has a domino effect on other players....Van Gundy has lost his f'cking team. Time to go.......lets not get started on him going public with this BS. Keep it to yourself homie....what do you gain?

Third, Trade Dwight, Jameer and the other expendables and start all over again. Only reason this team kept Dwight was because of ticket sales, endorsements etc......thinking he will stay forever is a fools dream.....

As things get worse you won't even get the attandance, the ticket sales down the line. Only getting worse and worse and worse......first round exit is not going to help either.

Blow the team UP!!!!!!
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 04-06-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Magic Johnson

Posted this in other thread. Belongs here

The Magic is stupid. Dwight demands a trade. Dwight recants the demand. Wait, Dwight wants to be traded, but only to teams A and B. Orlando will trade Dwight. Nope, they won't. Wait, they will, but only if they get back two all-star players in return. No, they changed their mind again, they aren't trading him, period. Rinse and repeat.

Deadline approaches: "Dwight, if you stay we'll commit to winning. We are a piece or two away from truly contending with the Miami's of the NBA."

Dwight: "Well Otis, I don't want to stay here, but since my other options are limited, I might as well. But you have to fire everyone and do everything I say."

What makes this situation so mind numbingly stupid is that Orlando spent more time convincing Howard to opt-in than to actually, you know, improve the team. They didn't make any trades. None. Zilch. Rather than actually improving their team and committing to winning, they signed up for another year of Dwight's bullshit. Instead of avoiding Shaq 2.0., they created a drawn-out, worse situation.

Dwight looked bad yesterday "whose ur sources" Ugh the guy u put ur arm around bub. Reporters held back laughs. Priceless

I don't see how Stan still has his job after doing this, and it has nothing to do with pleasing Dwight. This is the 2nd time this season that a coach has come out and made a statement that was the polar opposite of the thoughts of ownership and management, and the first time it happened the coach was fired.

As a coach a lot of things can be excused, but crossing the front office is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime

The Magic is stupid.

[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]The Magic are stupid.

Spell&Grammar[/FONT][/COLOR]

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I don't see how Stan still has his job after doing this, and it has nothing to do with pleasing Dwight. This is the 2nd time this season that a coach has come out and made a statement that was the polar opposite of the thoughts of ownership and management, and the first time it happened the coach was fired.

As a coach a lot of things can be excused, but crossing the front office is not one of them.
    I don't think he cares anymore. Besides, Howard has been extremely fake here. Campaigning behind SVGs back to get him fired and then you want to put your arm on his shoulder and smile for the camera? Enough. If SVG's top priority is winning this season then sure, wrong thing to do but if he knows he's getting fired sooner or later why not just put it out there? I'd be sick of Howard's bs too. He's fake as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I don't think he cares anymore. Besides, Howard has been extremely fake here. Campaigning behind SVGs back to get him fired and then you want to put your arm on his shoulder and smile for the camera? Enough. If SVG's top priority is winning this season then sure, wrong thing to do but if he knows he's getting fired sooner or later why not just put it out there? I'd be sick of Howard's bs too. He's fake as hell.
    Dwight isn't the only bad guy here. Everybody knows the relationship between Dwight and SVG has been rocky for years, with Dwight even coming out years ago and criticizing Stan's demeanor toward players during games. With that in mind, is it really that hard to believe that Dwight can like Stan the man, but dislike playing for him?

Van Gundy does seem like a pretty good guy, but with how hard he is on his players and the way he structures his offense (relying on perimeter players camped out by the 3 point line instead of feeding Dwight inside) it can't be easy for Howard to deal with.
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 04-06-2012 at 10:48 AM.

i understand why SVG said what he did, i can't fault him for it, but to be totally honest, he still should not have said it. He honestly should have asked to be fired if this was the case. It made the Magic look terrible. They've been inept, and Howard is acting like a tool, but you still get paid a lot, and one of the things you are supposed to do is act like a proffesional and not cause crisis for your mgmt by what you say in a press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

That's because Dwight is cool with Stan the same way Judas was cool with Jesus

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Dwight isn't the only bad guy here. Everybody knows the relationship between Dwight and SVG has been rocky for years, with Dwight even coming out and saying years ago that he wished Stan would calm down in his criticism of players in games. With that in mind, is it really that hard to believe that Dwight can like Stan the man, but dislike playing for him?

Yes Van Gundy does seem like a pretty good guy, but he yells at his players as much as any coach in the league and he would rather keep the ball to his perimeter players out by the 3 point line instead of feeding Dwight inside. That can't be easy for Howard to deal with.
    Betrayal is betrayal. I'm sure Judas would have said Jesus was a nice guy but he still stabbed him in the back. SVG's offense is too perimeter? He's yelling? Come on. I'd respect it more if Howard wasn't trying to smile in the man's face but the fact he can only stab the back is why Howard deserves all the crap he's getting. He's a joke and he knows it, which is why he completely failed to show up last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i understand why SVG said what he did, i can't fault him for it, but to be totally honest, he still should not have said it. He honestly should have asked to be fired if this was the case. It made the Magic look terrible. They've been inept, and Howard is acting like a tool, but you still get paid a lot, and one of the things you are supposed to do is act like a proffesional and not cause crisis for your mgmt by what you say in a press conference.
    You're going to have a hard time engendering loyalty and professionalism from a guy that you have let know is hanging by a thread. SVG's behavior is not ideal, if I didn't care the way he doesn't seem to care I like to think I'd quit, but I completely understand where he's coming from.

Betrayal is betrayal. I'm sure Judas would have said Jesus was a nice guy but he still stabbed him in the back. SVG's offense is too perimeter? He's yelling? Come on. I'd respect it more if Howard wasn't trying to smile in the man's face but the fact he can only stab the back is why Howard deserves all the crap he's getting. He's a joke and he knows it, which is why he completely failed to show up last night.
    So now we're equating Dwight with Judas? The rule has always been to criticize players who publicly air dirty laundry about their teams, and now you're telling me that even feeling unsatisfied with the circumstances that surround you is wrong? I simply don't agree.

Listen we all know Dwight has handled this situation horrible, but you can't convince me that Dwight made the wrong decision when he chose to publicly support the team and by extension the coach no matter what he believed privately.