Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #1
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Default Lamar Odom was mugged?

Poor Lamar ISH and LA TIMES had articles out on Odom being mugged at gunpoint over the summer and only now we hear about it? Lamar's summer sure was an unforgettable experienced and God Bless him , Here's what the article said today: "Odom remained in New York most of the summer, trying to cope, when he experienced a loss of another kind. While walking at night near a family member's home in Queens, (Odom) was mugged at gunpoint by a teenager who fired a warning shot, then took Odom's watch and cash, a combined total of under $5,000. "When this kid put a gun to me and held it to my face and, first he shot it, then pointed it at me, I thought he was going to harm me," Odom said. "I was thinking, 'Help me brace for this bullet.' I'd never been in this kind of situation before. When that happened, I said, I've got to get a little closer to the biggest icon in the world. It ain't Michael Jordan. It ain't Bob Marley, Che Guevara, even John Lennon. It's Jesus. Nobody's got more followers." Los Angeles Times
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

CONTINUATION: So in those regards I know bb is just secondary but do hope Lamar get through the hard times with a memorable season full of accomplishments he''ll achieve on the court this year. Odom & the Lakers dedicating this season in loving memory of his late son could possibly be the year that Lamar breaks out to be that All-star player depending on how strong he is mentally in copeing with his emotional status and the motivational level he'll have to rise above it all.

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 09-29-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

That freak me out when I heard that, after losing his son. He gets mugged, and not only that the gun man even fired a shot. Most don't ever fire. And Thank God he came out of that unharmed. He could have been dead, or ended his career or to me even worse in a wheel chair in a vegetable state, so many bad possibilities. But the mugger only got away with the watch and cash. So Thank God he's OK.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Wow what a really trying summer for lamar.

But then again I feel sorry for the kid who doesnt have a counselor to go out and do something completely stupid. It reminds me there are people who honestly need help in this world because they were raised wrong.

That kid should have been caught and counseled properly.

As for Lamar, dont worry. Your almost back with your other family for 8 months. (hopefully longer than that since we make playoffs)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Wow what a really trying summer for lamar.

But then again I feel sorry for the kid who doesnt have a counselor to go out and do something completely stupid. It reminds me there are people who honestly need help in this world because they were raised wrong.

That kid should have been caught and counseled properly.

As for Lamar, dont worry. Your almost back with your other family for 8 months. (hopefully longer than that since we make playoffs)
I feel bad for the kid because if he gets caught he'll be in jail double the normal time.. He needs to think before he sticks a gun at a famous person. I'd be scared as hell if that happened to me..

Lamar will have a good season this year. I heard hes been working out with trainers and practicing penetrating with Kwame..
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:37 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

WOW... un-freaking-believable! thanks for sharing this one!

:confused:
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #7
bigboss23
Banned

i laughed when i heard that he got mugged it was so funny.
bigboss23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:42 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboss23
i laughed when I got mugged it was so funny.

haha yeah i would laugh too if u got mugged...
now with that said get the **** of this forum u ely manning handjobber
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:29 AM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:

What an idiot... grow up, geez!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:13 AM   #10
lakersfoelyfe
I airball my layups

Default just my opinion.......

Quote:

There's a time to be funny and a time to be serious...........this kind of incident aint funny
lakersfoelyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #11
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:

Obviously your a laker hater and a loser in life making disheartening comments about Lamar is being tasteless:stupid: and insensitive on your behalf. It is unfortunate that we as human beings have to cope with the lost of a loved one that occurs everyday in a human beings life and getting mugged after his son's tragic death with a frightning possibility of losing his own life have you laughing and hearing it happened to Lamar and thinking it's a funny matter probably gets you off -haha. Hey man you better come correct and check yourself by making those tasteless comments I'm guessing your probably an adolescent not mature enough to have a son of your own and if you were losing your own son on a untimely tragedy or a loved one getting mugged afterwards probably won't have you laughing at all RIGHT!

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 09-30-2006 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #12
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

[quote=mariodeathgrip]That freak me out when I heard that, after losing his son. He gets mugged, and not only that the gun man even fired a shot. Most don't ever fire. And Thank God he came out of that unharmed. He could have been dead, or ended his career or to me even worse in a wheel chair in a vegetable state, so many bad possibilities. But the mugger only got away with the watch and cash. So Thank God he's OK.[/QUOTE\]

You said it brotha: Thank God he's OK: AMEN
On the other hand this young teenage PUNK when caught should be held accountable for his wrong doings and should be locked up for a long period of time regardless of how young he is nor having the proper guidance that he so desparately needed of. It's only a matter of time before juveniles like him reload and pull the trigger on innocent people like Odom.

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 09-30-2006 at 12:31 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: