Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

Default Re: Kyrie Irving body fat more than 10 percent

FAT POWER

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    you can't teach what irving has in terms of NBA potential
    passing on him would be a big mistake

you can always work on conditioning
    But in the 2 months since he was deemed healthy enough to play...and heading into the biggest athletic challenge of his life... he obviously hasn't. As a potential employer, that would concern me.

11 games of college experience, with over half of those vs crap opposition.

The next pick & roll...the staple of the NBA... he runs at a highly competitive level will be the first.

Coming off a serious foot injury.

The more I see this play out, the less I like the odds of him being anything special...and I wasn't that sold to begin with.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

you know who also has 10+ body fat, Derrick Williams with 10.8...

Edit: oh god! PleezeBelieve made a similar point, i must be going crazy
    Last edited by Black Joker; 05-21-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Glen davis has 10% fat. In his ears.

Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchise#3
    FAT POWER
    RIP Robert Traylor.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    And he's still fast as hell. When he sheds that he'll be even faster. Shouldn't be a problem. At 19, I could eat five guys everyday and still be able to lose weight. I miss those days.
    Not hating on you, it's okay to be gay.

[QUOTE=tomtucker]What is Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    101%
    shaq utilizes a special type of fat, something no other nba player of the same size has learned to master.

Dude missed a lot of time during the college season. If he hadn't been injured, I'm sure he would be right in line with almost everyone else. I don't think it's an issue at all.

NBA rookie of the year

What a disgusting hog.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    But in the 2 months since he was deemed healthy enough to play...and heading into the biggest athletic challenge of his life... he obviously hasn't. As a potential employer, that would concern me.

11 games of college experience, with over half of those vs crap opposition.

The next pick & roll...the staple of the NBA... he runs at a highly competitive level will be the first.

Coming off a serious foot injury.

The more I see this play out, the less I like the odds of him being anything special...and I wasn't that sold to begin with.
    Toe injury, don't sensationalize

the 5 games before the injury he excelled in wins against marquette, Kstate, oregon, michigan state and butler, all tourney teams

when he came back he still played more than well

im not saying i dont question what the hell he's been doing in the last two months, but at the end of the day whenever he steps on the court he is a top notch prospect and you can't pass on him

there could be worse things than conditioning to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    Toe injury, don't sensationalize

the 5 games before the injury he excelled in wins against marquette, Kstate, oregon, michigan state and butler, all tourney teams

when he came back he still played more than well

im not saying i dont question what the hell he's been doing in the last two months, but at the end of the day whenever he steps on the court he is a top notch prospect and you can't pass on him

there could be worse things than conditioning to worry about
    Toe injury that caused him to miss, what, 25 games? I'm not overly familiar with his anatomy, but most toes are connected to feet. Amd, as anyone who has played basketball at a high level knows, the feet take a pounding unlike anything you can imagine. as Barkley has said "Most basketball players have bad knees. All basketball players have bad feet".

And he didn't play "more than well" when he came back. He was slow and tentative. The only game where he looked anything like a draft pick...not a top pick, just a selection....was their tourney game vs an overwhelmed opponent (first game he played).

His other 6 games were against Cal Poly Pomona, St Augustines, Colgate, etc. None of the games he played in was close (within 5 pts).

Yes, there are things worse than conditioning to worry about. I listed them in my post, which you chose to ignore and focus on the word "foot" vs "toe". He has never run pick & roll, has never had to be pass first, has never defended top flight players in a game that matters, and has a grand total of 11 collegiate games.
    Last edited by JMT; 05-22-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Toe injury that caused him to miss, what, 25 games? I'm not overly familiar with his anatomy, but most toes are connected to feet. Amd, as anyone who has played basketball at a high level knows, the feet take a pounding unlike anything you can imagine. as Barkley has said "Most basketball players have bad knees. All basketball players have bad feet".

And he didn't play "more than well" when he came back. He was slow and tentative. The only game where he looked anything like a draft pick...not a top pick, just a selection....was their tourney game vs an overwhelmed opponent (first game he played).

His other 6 games were against Cal Poly Pomona, St Augustines, Colgate, etc. None of the games he played in was close (within 5 pts).

Yes, there are things worse than conditioning to worry about. I listed them in my post, which you chose to ignore and focus on the word "foot" vs "toe". He has never run pick & roll, has never had to be pass first, has never defended top flight players in a game that matters, and has a grand total of 11 collegiate games.

no i chose to focus on his conditioning because that is what the thread is about

and the fact that you left out that he had one of the best performances from any player this year in just his seventh game in his freshman year proves you are just a hater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-zOWfhQUA4

so what if hes over 10% bodyfat? A player like Derrick Rose is probably at 10-11% bodyfat himself and is still one of the most athletic players in the league. Its no big deal

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    so what if hes over 10% bodyfat? A player like Derrick Rose is probably at 10-11% bodyfat himself and is still one of the most athletic players in the league. Its no big deal
    exactly, it's just another thing the media can use to stir up speculation about who will go number one