Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default explain why theres a huge gap in career FG% between Rose, Westbrook and Wall?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Explain why theres a huge gap in career FG% between Rose, Westbrook and Wall?

I always felt rose had the freak athletic ability but unlike wall and westbrook
    he was always under more control, he has a nicer touch around the rim....
    uses english on the ball like gervin and could contort his body like jordan

westbrook and wall always look like they are going 150 mph

maybe that is where the difference is

but knowing ISH's hate for Rose we can probably chalk up this success because of thibs defensive schemes(the only reason they won 62 games and rose got the mvp, if you werent aware)

Default Re: Explain why theres a huge gap in career FG% between Rose, Westbrook and Wall?

Rose shot like 50% his first two years didn't he? He wasn't taking any threes back then.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Rose shot like 50% his first two years didn't he? He wasn't taking any threes back then.
    He got close his second year, I think he hit 49%

Rookie: .475
    Second year: .489

But then, his next three seasons...

Westbrook is clearly better than Rose ever was. Especially in the postseason.
    Last edited by Rocketswin2013; 08-07-2015 at 02:17 PM.

Default Re: explain why theres a huge gap in career FG% between Rose, Westbrook and Wall?

Rose barely took any 3's his first 2 years. Once he did starting from his MVP season, his FG% dropped.

NBA Legend

Default Re: explain why theres a huge gap in career FG% between Rose, Westbrook and Wall?

Mostly due to Thibs defensive schemes, tbh. Which is frankly the reason they won 62 and he got MVP.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Mostly due to Thibs defensive schemes, tbh. Which is frankly the reason they won 62 and he got MVP.

Lol that was a good one

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Please draw the connection between defensive schemes and FG% on offense.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pharcyde
    I always felt rose had the freak athletic ability but unlike wall and westbrook
    he was always under more control, he has a nicer touch around the rim....
    uses english on the ball like gervin and could contort his body like jordan

westbrook and wall always look like they are going 150 mph

maybe that is where the difference is

but knowing ISH's hate for Rose we can probably chalk up this success because of thibs defensive schemes(the only reason they won 62 games and rose got the mvp, if you werent aware)
    OK I see the connection Akrazotile.

Yeah, Westbrook is kind of wild no matter how you cut it. Otherwise he does have the best situation in that he isn't the prime concern in the scouting reports coupled with maybe the games best shooter or most unstoppable shooter ever. He also plays with best offensive coach of the bunch and has more screens set for him than the other two.

Wall had shooting problems from the start and isn't as quick as the other two. They slice and dice the defense much more. But he is getting better at shooting. He's more of a passer than Rose and Westbrook.

Rose shooting will increase this year. His shooting was great when he had other shooters around him and an offensive minded coach. A lot of the time its a team situation.

rank sentamentalist

the difference between westbrook and primrose is strictly shot selection. rose plays under control 90% of the time, westbrook goes on a mindless tear 50% of the time.

wall isn't as good at finishing as the other two and also has a bad jumpshot but refuses to stop shooting them. it's getting better so he's doing something right.

by career end i wouldn't be surprised if john wall wound up with the highest fg%... depends how long rose keeps going too i guess

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Westbrook is clearly better than Rose ever was. Especially in the postseason.
    No doubting that, I think OP is just saying Rose was more efficient. Which is obviously true.

But, we all know Goatbrook > Rose in the grand scheme of things. I don't think (at least I hope) OP is not trying to draw that conclusion. Never can tell these days though

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    No doubting that, I think OP is just saying Rose was more efficient. Which is obviously true.

But, we all know Goatbrook > Rose in the grand scheme of things. I don't think (at least I hope) OP is not trying to draw that conclusion. Never can tell these days though
    i'll take mvp rose over last year's westbrook without thinking twice... mvp rose has predictably become badly underrated

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i'll take mvp rose over last year's westbrook without thinking twice... mvp rose has predictably become badly underrated
    Westbrook surpassed Rose years ago. Not even close now. Dude just put up 28/7/9/2. MVP doe.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Westbrook surpassed Rose years ago. Not even close now. Dude just put up 28/7/9/2. MVP doe.
    Hopefully one day you will watch basketball and see the value of playing the game in a smart team context. He was good, very good, but was wild and undisciplined. I rather have Kidd's 17 and 9 any day of the week. Don't hypnotize yourself with numbers.