Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    raep tiem

Default Re: The only players to average 20/12/3 or better in their NBA rookie seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Fixed
    Thanks man

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: The only players to average 20/12/3 or better in their NBA rookie seasons

I was actually about 4 assists a game and anybody who says that's not impressive for a rookie big is a dipshit.

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I was actually about 4 assists a game and anybody who says that's not impressive for a rookie big is a dipshit.
    Durant doesn't find this impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Halcon
    The fact that this total is "good" for a big man, doesnt make the total itself higher or greater. 3 assists will always be 3 assists. And thats hardly impressive. For anybody.
    yeah, look at these shitty players and their shitty career assists..

Wilt - 4.4 APG
    Russell - 4.3 APG
    Barkley - 3.9 APG
    Kareem - 3.6 APG
    Duncan - 3.1 APG
    Nowitzki - 2.6 APG
    Durant - 2.8 APG
    Shaq - 2.5 APG
    Hakeem - 2.5 APG
    DRobinson - 2.5 APG
    Dwight - 1.5 APG
    Moses Malone - 1.4 APG

are you ****ing high??? 3+ APG is plenty good for a big man who rebounds 12+ and scores 20+
    Last edited by BGriffin's Dad; 07-22-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    Durant doesn't find this impressive
    Durant? the guy who has never averaged more than 3.5 assists per game in any of his seasons?

and he's a SF... not even a big

Griffin averaged more assists (3.8) in his rookie season than Durant has... ever

Learning to shoot layups Halcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    yeah, look at these shitty players and their shitty career assists..

Wilt - 4.4 APG
    Russell - 4.3 APG
    Barkley - 3.9 APG
    Kareem - 3.6 APG
    Duncan - 3.1 APG
    Nowitzki - 2.6 APG
    Durant - 2.8 APG
    Shaq - 2.5 APG
    Hakeem - 2.5 APG
    DRobinson - 2.5 APG
    Dwight - 1.5 APG
    Moses Malone - 1.4 APG

are you ****ing high??? 3+ APG is plenty good for a big man who rebounds 12+ and scores 20+
    Maybe you missed my point, just because these are average numbers for these types of players, doesnt make the number more impressive. Imagine if you had big that dished out 5-6 assists a game... that would be impressive.

raep tiem

Durant? the guy who has never averaged more than 3.5 assists per game in any of his seasons?

and he's a SF... not even a big

Griffin averaged more assists (3.8) in his rookie season than Durant has... ever
    I just wanted to use the smile

Maybe you missed my point, just because these are average numbers for these types of players, doesnt make the number more impressive. Imagine if you had big that dished out 5-6 assists a game... that would be impressive.
    i dont even know what you're talking about...

you said 3 APG for a big man is bad or mediocre?.. it's not... how many bigs average 5-6 assists? that's a lot... Kobe is a 25/5/5 player... Lebron is a 27/7/7 player... Jordan was 30/6/5... and these are the elite guards/forwards... not even big men

Imagine if Griffin played with a healthy and competent squad in his first season? He WOULD have averaged 5 apg most likely. Now the team adds CP3 a ball dominant PG so of course the number will dip.

i dont even know what you're talking about...

you said 3 APG for a big man is bad or mediocre?.. it's not... how many bigs average 5-6 assists? that's a lot... Kobe is a 25/5/5 player... Lebron is a 27/7/7 player... Jordan was 30/6/5... and these are the elite guards/forwards... not even big men
    Wilt has a few seasons of over 5 apg and even a season with 8 apg... thats impressive. Not just hovering around whats considered "good" for your position. I mean we're talking about 3 freakin assists. In other words we shouldnt be praising a big for his assists unless it's above average or something impressive.

Imagine if Griffin played with a healthy and competent squad in his first season? He WOULD have averaged 5 apg most likely. Now the team adds CP3 a ball dominant PG so of course the number will dip.
    And if he did, that would be impressive.

And in response to everybody reading my posts, Im not penalizing them for not averaging more, Im just saying we shouldnt even be looking at their assist unless its unusually high (for for their position).. like when a big averages 5, thats impressive even though its nothing special compared to guards. Thast when we should be saying 'how many bigs can average this many assists?' ... etc.
    Last edited by Halcon; 07-22-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Wilt has a few seasons of over 5 apg and even a season with 8 apg... thats impressive. Not just hovering around whats considered "good" for your position. I mean we're talking about 3 freakin assists. In other words we shouldnt be praising a big for his assists unless it's above average or something impressive.

And if he did, that would be impressive.
    Tim Duncan, Chris Webber, Pau Gasol and KG are the 4 best passing bigmen of this era. Duncan's career apg is 3.1, Webber is at 4, KG is at 4 and Gasol is at 3.2. So explain why Griffin's 3.5 apg for his career is nothing impressive and why you've set 5 apg as the bar for bigs? . Russell Westbrook is a superstar PG and barely averages that. Sounds like you're just being a bitter dick to me.

3.5 apg for a PF's career IS well above the norm.

Tim Duncan, Chris Webber, Pau Gasol and KG are the 4 best passing bigmen of this era. Duncan's career apg is 3.1, Webber is at 4, KG is at 4 and Gasol is at 3.2. So explain why Griffin's 3.5 apg for his career is nothing impressive and why you've set 5 apg as the bar for bigs? . Russell Westbrook is a superstar PG and barely averages that. Sounds like you're just being a bitter dick to me.

yeah, seriously...

if Griffin finishes his career with roughly the same PPG and RPG (~20 & 10) and an APG anywhere in the 3s... i'm not gonna call that anything but a success just because he didn't average 5-7 assists like a SG/SF...

Are you guys not getting my point. Im saying 3 apg is not impressive. Just because its good for a big, doesnt make it a better stat. Yah, you can say Griffen's 3.5 is great for his position, but its not great in general. So who cares.

Are you guys not getting my point. Im saying 3 apg is not impressive. Just because its good for a big, doesnt make it a better stat. Yah, you can say Griffen's 3.5 is great for his position, but its not great in general. So who cares.
    So if a guard averages 7 rpg or let's say 2 bpg it's not far more impressive than if a bigman does it? You bet your fu**ing ass it is . Get out of here NOW.

Banned

Halcon, sincere question; are you in any way mentally challenged?