Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Destiny (Bungie's new video game) early details:

I'm gonna go ahead and save most of you about 60 bucks. Destiny is hot garbage, don't waste your time or your money. I'm so glad I decided to play it first before I spent my hard earned cash on it. Now I can sleep at night knowing I didn't spend 60 bones on a game that would do nothing but collect dust on my shelf of games that serve no purpose other than collecting dust and maybe occasional use as a coaster.

It's fun, but I'd wait for price drop before I'd even consider buying the game.

7.5/10

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

So it's basically exactly like the Beta. Small and limited areas to explore, same missions over and over again. Wow.

So much potential and it's not even close to being a quality game. Borrowed if from a friend but will give it back tomorrow.

5/10.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    So it's basically exactly like the Beta. Small and limited areas to explore, same missions over and over again. Wow.

So much potential and it's not even close to being a quality game. Borrowed if from a friend but will give it back tomorrow.

5/10.
    So far yes it's exactly like the beta. I was expecting more. I'll hold onto it for a bit longer, apparently there are some free DLC's coming up in the next few weeks but once I've played through them I'll trade it in for store credit.

The Last of Us and GTA V look to be the best games for the PS4 this year. That's a sad thought.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Currently level 6. It's fun but it isn't game changing or special. Kinda like a poor man's Borderlands 2 with better gun play imo.
    It's not really a borderlands per se, it definitely takes aspects of Borderlands 2 and doesn't imitate them as well.

Like I said, the heart of the game is in it's multiplayer, and it's much harder to grasp the real spirit of the game when you can't play with others, if you played with your friends it'd be a whole different experience.

EDIT: I see a lot of the people's gripes with the game and they make sense, there's a lot of potential in the game and it hasn't been realised, that being said I'm having an awesome time playing it so to each their own.

I just realized what the subclass thing is. I'm a warlock and almost full and noticed the sun thingy and it's different powers or something. I like playing this game. I still haven't finished the story though. I like that I can jump around in different modes seamlessly. The game is pure awesomeness to me.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Not my type of game, and I knew that going in. But I figured why not? It was free and the only other game I would have even considered was Madden (which when I last bought I played for about 4 hours total). At the very least I would have a presumably moderately entertaining online shooter to fall back on, since I stopped buying COD games. It's nice to have a game like that in your collection because we all get in that "I need to shoot something" mood.

And to no surprise... I'm not enjoying it. Of course I haven't unlocked the multiplayer mode yet. Been playing for two hours and I'm still level 4.

Banned

I'm only level 8, got it on release day, haven't played in 3-4 days, and I'm bored of this game already. Never in the mood to play it, and when I do, I'm pretty disappointed. Definitely wasn't worth the extra €10 more than every other game.

I'll probably trade this in soon. Gamestop only giving me €35 credit doe.

If you guys just play through what the beta was you're playing maybe 15% of the game. There's a lot more to it. And the game DOES change after you reach a higher level. The campaign picks up around Venus.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    If you guys just play through what the beta was you're playing maybe 15% of the game. There's a lot more to it. And the game DOES change after you reach a higher level. The campaign picks up around Venus.
    I'm level 22 and I've finished the campaign. All the missions are pretty much the same. Shoot aliens, move on, shoot more aliens until you get to the boss which is some variation of a bullet sponge. Shoot that bullet sponge until you've killed it then go to the next planet and repeat.

Sorry man but Destiny is all style and no substance. If you enjoy it great, but it's one of the most repetitive games in recent memory. Less than a week has passed and I'm no longer interested. Should have rented it.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    I'm level 22 and I've finished the campaign. All the missions are pretty much the same. Shoot aliens, move on, shoot more aliens until you get to the boss which is some variation of a bullet sponge. Shoot that bullet sponge until you've killed it then go to the next planet and repeat.

Sorry man but Destiny is all style and no substance. If you enjoy it great, but it's one of the most repetitive games in recent memory. Less than a week has passed and I'm no longer interested. Should have rented it.
    I'm not upset. I just think that's a lot of shooters. (although I do agree most bosses are stupid bullet sponges) I agree with a lot of the complaints, I just feel that the mechanics/classes are so good the flaws are ignorable.

I just think people keep expecting revolutionary games, and get upset when they don't deliver entirely. (Watch Dogs, Destiny, Titanfall)

orrrrr maybe just I'm a Destiny fanboy.

Banned

I'm not upset. I just think that's a lot of shooters. (although I do agree most bosses are stupid bullet sponges) I agree with a lot of the complaints, I just feel that the mechanics/classes are so good the flaws are ignorable.

I just think people keep expecting revolutionary games, and get upset when they don't deliver entirely. (Watch Dogs, Destiny, Titanfall)

I didn't expect Watch Dogs and Titanfall to be revolutionary, I just thought they'd be pretty good. Destiny though, should've been much better.

Sunshine State

It's ok I'm a fanboy too

College superstar

It doesn't make you a fanboy.

Destiny is a good game, but it's not great. It was also supposed to be a revolutionary shooter. The most expensive game in history with Bungie wanting to support it for the next decade.

If a game is going to succeed for 10 years it's got to be outstanding. Bungie can't be serious if they think simply adding more planets will be enough. The majority of my PSN friends list are back on Battlefield 4. ****ing Battlefield 4!!!!!!

Love Live Life

People must have forgot that Halo was pretty much the same. On every mission you're just shooting aliens.

Same thing with basically all shooters.

If y'all want puzzles and stuff play the old Tomb Raider games. Destiny is a fps with rpg elements.

My main gripe is that I wish my stuff carried over from the beta because I got the game Saturday and I'm a lvl 2 but I don't feel like playing through the same missions again.

I'm gonna play some more tonight when I get off but I've been spending most of my time on TLOU.

No way this game gonna last 10 years. Did they really say that?

Does the season pass last for 10 years?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

10 years? What kind of shooter last 10 years with a good community? Counter Strike and probably Team Fortress 2. And that's largely because it's PC based.

There will probably be a next gen console in 10 years. Or everyone will realize PC is the master race by then.

Oh and I finally unlocked multiplayer and it's alright. I'm probably only going to play that going forward, since you level up and can get gear in there. Little annoyed with the map rotation, tho.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 09-15-2014 at 07:20 PM.