Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default 911 audio from the crazy chimp attack...(a little disturbing)

it is just audio, but still...kinda disturbing to listen to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgS0KgT5APc

for those who are not familiar with this story:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/...rica/chimp.php

news on the victim:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/18/chi...ack/index.html

chimp ripped her face off...

Default Re: 911 audio from the crazy chimp attack...(a little disturbing)

Saw it on the news. You know what this thread is gonna turn into right Primetime?

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity
    Saw it on the news. You know what this thread is gonna turn into right Primetime?
    well I only ran into this because of that cartoon thread...

thought it was thread worthy...

I mean...the chimp ripped her face off

just...FU[COLOR="Black"]C[/COLOR]K!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    well I only ran into this because of that cartoon thread...

thought it was thread worthy...

I mean...the chimp ripped her face off

just...FU[COLOR="Black"]C[/COLOR]K!!!
    Its disturbing as hell. In the same Token its not so shocking because wild animals are exactly that. I'm never one to side with PETA but many animals should be roaming free in their natural habitat.

Cornell Basketball=#1

Stupid woman. Sucks she got her face ripped off, but this was a sh&t show waiting to happen.

Chimps are some of the strongest animals on the face of this earth. A lot of people don't realize this, but chimps have absurd bone density and muscle structure. Many many times stronger than any human can possibly have. Check out the arms of this average sized chimp. It's like a f&cking tree trunk.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    Stupid woman. Sucks she got her face ripped off, [COLOR="Red"]but this was a sh&t show waiting to happen. [/COLOR]

Chimps are some of the strongest animals on the face of this earth. A lot of people don't realize this, but chimps have absurd bone density and muscle structure. Many many times stronger than any human can possibly have. Check out the arms of this average sized chimp. It's like a f&cking tree trunk.
    this chimp has been in captivity its entire life and has never shown any signs of violence...

it has also stared in television commercials...

all I know is that if someone ever brings a chimp around me...I'm out

not gonna risk my face being ripped off...

Supposing that dispatcher was waiting until she told him what the problem was before officers were sent he should be fired. If someone is in obvious distress you SEND A DAMN OFFICER whether you believe the call to be false or real. From what I can tell he waited a good 40 seconds... valuable time if you face is being eaten by a chimpanzee.

Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    Supposing that dispatcher was waiting until she told him what the problem was before officers were sent he should be fired. If someone is in obvious distress you SEND A DAMN OFFICER whether you believe the call to be false or real. From what I can tell he waited a good 40 seconds... valuable time if you face is being eaten by a chimpanzee.
    uh
    I'm not sure if you are aware of how dispatching works, but once you describe who you need (police/fire/ems), one is sent out immediately to your location. All of the conversation that follows is relayed from the dispatcher to the responder enroute.

Cornell Basketball=#1

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...full-grown-man

In tests at the Bronx Zoo in 1924, a dynamometer — a scale that measures the mechanical force of a pull on a spring — was erected in the monkey house. A 165-pound male chimpanzee named "Boma" registered a pull of 847 pounds, using only his right hand (although he did have his feet braced against the wall, being somewhat hip, in his simian way, to the principles of leverage). A 165-pound man, by comparison, could manage a one-handed pull of about 210 pounds.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Chimps are very dangerous animals. People are thrown off by the fact that they have such human features. I guess people think, "hey... we aren't that far a part on the evolutionary tree... we'll be friends."

It doesn't work that way. The average person would not feel safe around a tiger or lion, regardless of how long they had been in captivity. Chimps should be treated no differently. Use extreme caution.

I remember a few years ago, a California man was attacked by a group of chimps and had his feet, hands, and genitals chewed off. He had owned a chimp and had it in a sanctuary.

Link to the story:
    http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2005/0...ack050304.html

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    uh
    I'm not sure if you are aware of how dispatching works, but once you describe who you need (police/fire/ems), one is sent out immediately to your location. All of the conversation that follows is relayed from the dispatcher to the responder enroute.
    When you call 911 and hang up they send all three...

Name one event at which a fire team or the ems peeps would be needed and an officer would not be needed on scene please.
    Obvious distress like this I would have sent an officer immediately. Even if it turned out to be some redneck who cant get his beer bottle open and called 911 then at least the officer is already on his way to get the guy for improperly using the system.

I suppose you just dont like my over reaction... I guess your right, he shouldnt be fired. However, I would hope I wasnt getting my face chewed off and 40 seconds was the diff between life and somthing like it.
    Last edited by Fallguy20; 02-19-2009 at 04:38 AM.

-primetime-

so they are about 4x stronger in general i guess...

i wonder how much a 200 lb chimp could bench...

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Chimps are very dangerous animals. People are thrown off by the fact that they have such human features. I guess people think, "hey... we aren't that far a part on the evolutionary tree... we'll be friends."

It doesn't work that way. The average person would not feel safe around a tiger or lion, regardless of how long they had been in captivity. Chimps should be treated no differently. Use extreme caution.

I remember a few years ago, a California man was attacked by a group of chimps and had his feet, hands, and genitals chewed off. He had owned a chimp and had it in a sanctuary.

Link to the story:
    http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2005/0...ack050304.html
    f*ck...

I guess the hands and feet go first due to the fact that you are trying to use your hands and feet to defend yourself...so the chimp just rips them up...

apparently the woman in that was attacked here had her hands ripped apart as well....

I wonder what the safest defense is...to just roll up in a ball and try to endure the pain and pray to god it stops...

Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    When you call 911 and hang up they send all three...

Name one event at which a fire team or the ems peeps would be needed and an officer would not be needed on scene please.
    Obvious distress like this I would have sent an officer immediately. Even if it turned out to be some redneck who cant get his beer bottle open and called 911 then at least the officer is already on his way to get the guy for improperly using the system.

I suppose you just dont like my over reaction... I guess your right, he shouldnt be fired. However, I would hope I wasnt getting my face chewed off and 40 seconds was the diff between life and somthing like it.
    dude did you listen to the call? The dispatcher had sent people out almost immediately. I don't understand what kind of problem you have with the dispatcher? You want him to send everybody the instant he gets the call? No...he sent help quickly and appropriately once he learned what the situation was.

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    so they are about 4x stronger in general i guess...

i wonder how much a 200 lb chimp could bench...
    Screw that and think about an olympic lift like power cleans... Pushing upwards of 1000+ I would think.