Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #76
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Moss could be going back to Minny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Yea, we'll see how tired they are of him when they can't move the ball down field anymore.
as long as they play miami's special teams each week, they'll be fine! trade all their offensive skill players for extra linemen and ram it down their throats with uh oh, maroney?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #77
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

As a Brett Favre FF owner? I'm happy for Moss. Percy Harvin should also benefit from Randy Moss being on the field as well. I expect Minny to rack up yards and pts. Or else I jump off a bridge face first.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #78
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Yea, we'll see how tired they are of him when they can't move the ball down field anymore.

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
there is no doubt that moss becomes a whiny ***** when he doesnt get things his way. Maybe not on the To level, but nonetheless, I have no doubts that he can be a hard guy to fit into a team first mentality.

I have no doubts about that either, but the question isn't what he's done in the past but what he was doing now. Before week 1 there was nothing bad said about Moss during his stint in New England. I'm not sure how bad things got since then, but I think this team will miss his impact on the field.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #79
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN Boston
While the majority of callers to WEEI on Wednesday morning were upset about the Patriots trading Randy Moss to Minnesota, former New England great Troy Brown went on the Dale and Holley show and offered a different take: It's a "win-win for both parties."

Brown said it will force the Patriots to play the "methodical" type of football that helped them be so successful during their Super Bowl years, and it will make "all the players be accountable."

And for Moss, he said, it will be an opportunity to play with legendary gunslinger Brett Favre and have an immediate impact on a talented team.

Brown, who played for the Patriots from 1993 to 2007, pointed to the 2001-2005 seasons when Tom Brady had to look for the open receivers and "hit seven or eight guys" in a game. He said that type of offense makes everyone work harder, including the defense.

He thinks Brady may actually be better off without having Moss as an option and having to try to always go for the "big play" as opposed to consistently spreading the ball down the field.

Brown pointed out that the Patriots have the players this year to run that type of offense, citing the athleticism of rookies Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski and the talent of receivers Brandon Tate, Wes Welker and Julien Edelman.

With the roster the Patriots had last year, Brown said, coach Bill Belichick never would have made this move.

Brown acknowledged that Wednesday's news will be a distraction for Patriots players, but that it's helpful that this is a bye week for New England. He said the Patriots "have about two weeks to get over it," and hopefully in the long run the distraction will be less than if a disgruntled Moss stayed in New England.

Looks like Troy Brown was also for the move.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #80
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Agreed.

I have no doubts about that either, but the question isn't what he's done in the past but what he was doing now. Before week 1 there was nothing bad said about Moss during his stint in New England. I'm not sure how bad things got since then, but I think this team will miss his impact on the field.

he got negative coverage for complainining about not being re-signed yet, acting like he's given so much to the organization and like they owe him that, on the heels of just finishing up with Brady's contract. i know that occurred during a poor time to voice his opinion since i remember thinking how poor the timing of it was. i think they weren't happy with their play or something was going on where morale was sort of down when he complained.

he had no catches last sunday, coincidentally right before this move. they seemed rushed to get him out of NE considering this was like a 2-3 day negotiation for one of the top WR's in football. its odd that they seemed to only talk to Minny but maybe he has some clause. i don't know. it just all went down really fast imo.

Pats won super bowls without Moss. they were a machine before they got Moss. i don't see how he is such a huge loss, especially when he's not the same go up and grab dominating receiver he was early in his career but tends to still get the same hype. maybe he'll prove he still is in Minny since i can see Favre throwing up balls to him to outjump/fight defenders a lot more, than Brady who generally throws to the open receiver and not 50/50's, but i can't see him staying healthy if he goes back to throwing his body around like that.

we'll see...
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #81
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Anybody think there's a chance the Patriots make a move for Vincent Jackson now? They obviously have the picks to get the deal done and he'd only miss a game or 2 for them.

And he's eligible to be activated during week 6 right? Or is it after week 6? I can't remember right now.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #82
HBKMGa
Please contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
he had no catches last sunday, coincidentally right before this move. they seemed rushed to get him out of NE considering this was like a 2-3 day negotiation for one of the top WR's in football. its odd that they seemed to only talk to Minny but maybe he has some clause. i don't know. it just all went down really fast imo.

The Pats actually started gauging interest around the league after Moss blew up in week 1.

A lot can be said with the fact that Minnesota was the only team to show interest.
HBKMGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #83
HBKMGa
Please contact

Quote:
Anybody think there's a chance the Patriots make a move for Vincent Jackson now? They obviously have the picks to get the deal done and he'd only miss a game or 2 for them.

And he's eligible to be activated during week 6 right? Or is it after week 6? I can't remember right now.

I don't believe so. He wants a guaranteed long term contract ($30+ mil) and they would be getting a guy who's had a myriad of off the field problems.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #84
HBKMGa
Please contact

Quote:
Before week 1 there was nothing bad said about Moss during his stint in New England.

There was actually some grumbling about his effort level last season...I believe it was after they played the Panthers?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #85
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:

I thought the commish said his sentence would be reduced to 4 games if he was traded?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #86
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKMGa
The Pats actually started gauging interest around the league after Moss blew up in week 1.

A lot can be said with the fact that Minnesota was the only team to show interest.

well i'm hearing on sports radio that Moss and Belichek were having issues. they didn't go into detail or i might've missed it if they did, but thats what they're saying for why it happened.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #87
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I thought the commish said his sentence would be reduced to 4 games if he was traded?

That was only if he was dealt before a deadline thats already passed. Now its either during game 6 or after the Chargers 6th game, but I'm not sure which.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #88
HBKMGa
Please contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
well i'm hearing on sports radio that Moss and Belichek were having issues. they didn't go into detail or i might've missed it if they did, but thats what they're saying for why it happened.

yeah they definitely were having issues, but this all really started back in February when he started hinting about his future.

what I also meant to add in my previous post was the Randy requested to be traded after his week 1 press conference.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #89
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The Patriots should have just paid the guy. He is worth it. The guy is the greatest deep ball threat in the history of the league, and it's not even close.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #90
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Moss played 51 games for New England and scored.. 50 TOUCHDOWNS.

!?!!?!!?!!???!!??!??!!?!??!??!!!!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
50 ****ing touchdowns. Fifty. Five-O.

Does Andre Johnson even have 50 CAREER TOUCHDOWNS?

His first seven in Minnesota... 90 Touchdowns. LMFAO!!

Larry fitzgerald would need 31 td's this year to match that pace.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: