Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Clippers have to trade griffin

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Elaborate then.

Which parts of my wall of text were incorrect?

It’s nothing many haven’t pointed out, I’m simply restating the obvious that others have mentioned in the past. Figured somebody should remind them of these issues since people are being accused of being ‘haters’ and whatnot.

So if you want to elaborate on why I don’t understand basketball then go for it.
    Things I agree with:

- Outside shot is inconsistent
    - Doesn't get tough baskets late in game
    - Sets weak screens

Things that aren't the case:

- Blake has no basketball IQ/Court awareness

That is one of his biggest strengths. He is great at passing out of the double team and it one of the best bigman passers in the league. If anything his IQ is too high because he finds the open man instead of being selfish and putting pressure on the defense.

- Blake is confused on the court

See above.

- Blake has bad balance

Again, this is one of his best attributes. How many big men are able to turn 90 degrees one way and then immediately pivot and go 180 degrees in the opposite direction in one fluid move.

- Blake has poor footwork

His footwork isn't bad, just inconsistent. It's better than most bigs, however.

- Shoots a high % because of CP3.

Not the case. He shot just as well without CP3. If anything his game has suffered because CP3 is ball dominant.

Bottom line is Blake Griffin is a very good player who is a victim of other people's expectations of him.

Because he has cool dunks and gets voted into the ASG people expect him to be a superstar level player.

Fact is, he doesn't have the size or scoring skills to be that player.

He'll get you 20/10/4 but people are angry at him because they believe he has the "potential" to get more because he can jump high.

Memo: jumping high is only one small part of basketball.

I believe he has potential to be somewhat better and would love if he would challenge the defense more in the 4th and set better screens but I am not holding my breath.

To be clear: I don't even particularly like Blake Griffin.

I've been saying the Clips should trade him for 2 seasons.

I'd take Aldridge or Love (two stars that want to get out of small markets) because they would be far better fits with CP3 - who is clearly Clipper's best player.

I'm forced into defending him because people are so irrational about the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    If their frontcourt stays the way it is, I doubt the Clippers can get out of the west. Both Blake and DJ can be shut down 1 on 1 right now.
    whats wrong with their frontcourt? depth is their only issue up front. Numbers wise both are having very good seasons.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Things I agree with:

- Outside shot is inconsistent
    - Doesn't get tough baskets late in game
    - Sets weak screens

Things that aren't the case:

- Blake has no basketball IQ/Court awareness

That is one of his biggest strengths. He is great at passing out of the double team and it one of the best bigman passers in the league. If anything his IQ is too high because he finds the open man instead of being selfish and putting pressure on the defense.

- Blake is confused on the court

See above.

- Blake has bad balance

Again, this is one of his best attributes. How many big men are able to turn 90 degrees one way and then immediately pivot and go 180 degrees in the opposite direction in one fluid move.

- Blake has poor footwork

His footwork isn't bad, just inconsistent. It's better than most bigs, however.

- Shoots a high % because of CP3.

Not the case. He shot just as well without CP3. If anything his game has suffered because CP3 is ball dominant.

Bottom line is Blake Griffin is a very good player who is a victim of other people's expectations of him.

Because he has cool dunks and gets voted into the ASG people expect him to be a superstar level player.

Fact is, he doesn't have the size or scoring skills to be that player.

He'll get you 20/10/4 but people are angry at him because they believe he has the "potential" to get more because he can jump high.

Memo: jumping high is only one small part of basketball.

I believe he has potential to be somewhat better and would love if he would challenge the defense more in the 4th and set better screens but I am not holding my breath.
    Disagree

Blake is usually lost out there, he doesn

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    whats wrong with their frontcourt? depth is their only issue up front. Numbers wise both are having very good seasons.
    Like I said, you can shut both of them down in a low pace playoff game.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    Like I said, you can shut both of them down in a low pace playoff game.
    Jordan is basically a non factor after the first half. He gets all his production in the first half, he

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    whats wrong with their frontcourt?
    Their defense.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

[QUOTE=andgar923]Jordan is basically a non factor after the first half. He gets all his production in the first half, he

[QUOTE=andgar923]Disagree

Blake is usually lost out there, he doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Boozer is much better then scrub Griffin. Boozer is knockdown from 20 feet in. Boozer is awesome in the high post and sets hard fundamental screens. He fights for boards and has a decent low post game despite being undersized. He has a lot of moves and plays tough basketball. Boozer is a better rebounder. both suck at defense.

Boozer is better in terms of creating for himself. Boozer is better at playing a 1-2 game with his point guard. The only thing Blake does better is dunk and get bailed out by the refs and given superstar calls he doesnt deserve.

Don't forget, one of his years in Utah Boozer finished like 5th in the league in MVP voting. He is no scrub.

Griffin has a lot of holes in his game and acts like a conceded flopping bitch on the court.

Boozer is the much better player.
    Agree with this post a lot and Boozer > BG, but I wouldn't say Boozer is a much better player. I think his offensive awareness are >>> than Griffin but that's due to his experience. If BG keeps learning and sticks with CP3, he'll be a smarter player too.

And lol at whoever mentioned BG's passing being better. Boozer and Noah are both excellent passers and among the best in the L.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

[QUOTE=andgar923]
    His indicisivness is partly due to his low IQ, he second guesses himself too much becaus I

Saw a basketball once

blake griffin is 24 years old.

already an all star, all nba performer

puts up 21/11/4/1 every year

and will only get better

also makes a lot of money for his franchise and the nba

why would they trade him anytime soon?

The problem i have with Griffin is that he's not a "Dog", he doesn't bang, he's not relentless, and it sucks cause he has the perfect body for it. 6'10 265 pounds, ultra athletic and strong.

Chauncey billups said it the best when he said he's to much of a nice guy.

he needs to call for the ball and punish the guy who's guarding him and get him into foul trouble, he's tooo unselfish, and very lapse.

Which is why zach randolph is a bad match up for him, zach randolph is a "dog" and will scrap till he cant scrap no more. griffin wont. even kevin love is a dog and bangs more than griffin.

The best trade the Clipper could hope for is Kevin Love. That won't happen because Minny knows Blake isn't gonna stay. I think this Clippers team with Love would become a contender. The only problem they'd have then is defense. They do need someone that can slow down Durant or Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    The best trade the Clipper could hope for is Kevin Love. That won't happen because Minny knows Blake isn't gonna stay. I think this Clippers team with Love would become a contender. The only problem they'd have then is defense. They do need someone that can slow down Durant or Lebron.
    Blake has 5 years on his deal though. Love has 1.