Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

in this game its not all about stats but its good to have good stats i get a's everygame i get lots of assits and rebounds i set pics etc and i do a lot or inside scoreing and med range shooting i get triple and double doubles sometimes aswell.

i focused on upgradeing my inside shooting med shooting vertical dunking speed quickness off awearness and deff awearnedd freethrows and u should be good i been saveing my sp so now my dunking is 75 my 3ps is 89 and i use left overe for the lil things of i save them
    Last edited by jroc20boys; 01-03-2010 at 03:00 AM.

Decent playground baller Lancerballer21's Avatar

Ok my player is getting killed on alley-oops. the guy on offense just cuts backdoor and jumps and i cant stop him. I have tried hitting Y and X and nothing works. Should increase my guys vertical or is there no way of stopping this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
    Ok my player is getting killed on alley-oops. the guy on offense just cuts backdoor and jumps and i cant stop him. I have tried hitting Y and X and nothing works. Should increase my guys vertical or is there no way of stopping this.

When the offensive player moves into the painted area, hold the right stick towards him, and it will body him up. When you have him bodied up, he won't be able to cut to the rim for alley-oops.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I hate the coaching in this.

I'm a 6'3 all-around PG. New Orleans picked me up from the D-League. Getting good minutes at PG and they play Paul at SG. But then ever so often I get switched to SG and absolutely get massacred covering guys like Wade. And why doesn't he play Peja more?

Byron Scott really needs to be fired in this game too.

Im a 3pt PG, rating of 48 at the moment. Played on the T'Wolves summer league team and then went to training camp with the Celtics and made the squad. I found that it seems to be more on your teammate grade rather then your individual stats. I was only averaging maybe 10pts and 6 assists, but was getting A+ on the teammate grade.

Currently 9-9 on the Celtics. Does anyone else have a problem with your teammates playing really ****ty D? The opposition shoots like 65 fg% while I've got Kevin Garnett jacking up 20 footers most of the game. Plus it always plays me at SG, puts Allen at the 3 and PP at the 4 and KG at C. Or it'll play Wallace at the 5 and we'll have 4-5 guys standing around on the three point line looking to shoot. Frustrating as hell.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Does anyone else have a problem with your teammates playing really ****ty D?
    Yep.

Yao Ming had at least 10 offensive rebounds in both games that he played against me. Good job West and Okafor. Also, somehow Chris Paul gets caught on a post player often, gets backed down easily and dunked on. No help whatsoever from the interior. The perimeter D seems to be fairly reasonable though.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Currently a 63 rated athletic SG with Houston. Got into the playoffs as the 4 seed and upset the 1 seed Lakers in a game 7 blowout

Now playing the Spurs in the WCF and getting dominated

i deleted my player again because the new patch will come in a week or 2 so it will probably mess up my player mode

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Yep.

Yao Ming had at least 10 offensive rebounds in both games that he played against me. Good job West and Okafor. Also, somehow Chris Paul gets caught on a post player often, gets backed down easily and dunked on. No help whatsoever from the interior. The perimeter D seems to be fairly reasonable though.
    Yes, this. Monta Ellis always gets caught on a big guy somehow.

And alley oops away from me. When I play Denver or Oklahoma they get like 10 alley oops a game on my SF.

I also noticed I never got ANY foul calls until I got my rating up to 80, then I suddenly got alot of free throws...

I'm a 6'4 SG on the Warriors, and I average 10 boards a game. That's just not right...every time a teammate shoots, I just sit under the offensive basket and scoop up boards because the man guarding me will do a "double contest" with his teammate and leave me alone underneath. Hope that gets fixed.

Saw a basketball once

The coaching in MyPlayer is really annoying. I'm a 6'5 Athletic SG and the Suns are constantly playing me at SF, and even PF a few times. Also, the only thing that really annoys me about the 5 minute quarters, is that it makes certain milestones MUCH harder, and that the rest of the league still plays 12 minute quarters. If I have to play 5 min. then the rest of the league should too.

Not sure why I got lucky or whatever, but I never had to go to D-League or any of that. I went through Training Camp then Preseason and I made the team. Started off with crap minutes (like 5-7) a game. And now I'm up to about 14-16 per game. Averaging 22ppg 3rpg 6.5apg and about 6spg. Shooting 67%, 90% and about 37%.

Takes a long time to get a couple of the attributes up(like 3pt, Dunk, Speed, etc) but there really is a peak where once you hit it, it starts to snowball. I've got about 5 things maxed out, my 3pt and Dunk are at 90 and 82 respectively. And all my defensive attributes are getting up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    The coaching in MyPlayer is really annoying. I'm a 6'5 Athletic SG and the Suns are constantly playing me at SF, and even PF a few times. Also, the only thing that really annoys me about the 5 minute quarters, is that it makes certain milestones MUCH harder, and that the rest of the league still plays 12 minute quarters. If I have to play 5 min. then the rest of the league should too.
    Not sure why I got lucky or whatever, but I never had to go to D-League or any of that. I went through Training Camp then Preseason and I made the team. Started off with crap minutes (like 5-7) a game. And now I'm up to about 14-16 per game. Averaging 22ppg 3rpg 6.5apg and about 6spg. Shooting 67%, 90% and about 37%.

Takes a long time to get a couple of the attributes up(like 3pt, Dunk, Speed, etc) but there really is a peak where once you hit it, it starts to snowball. I've got about 5 things maxed out, my 3pt and Dunk are at 90 and 82 respectively. And all my defensive attributes are getting up there.
    If you get Draft Combine, you can change the quarter lengths brah.

Anyone else notice that after the allstar break, the coach brings your minutes WAY down, and then they gradually go up over the next few games.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by MeloMike
    If you get Draft Combine, you can change the quarter lengths brah.

Anyone else notice that after the allstar break, the coach brings your minutes WAY down, and then they gradually go up over the next few games.

How much does that cost? Kind of lame to have to pay....again. Just to get the game to act appropriately.

Banned

u dont need draft combine, changing quarter lengths in myplayer mode was fixed with the first patch

as long as u started a myplayer after the patch update, the option to change quarter lengths is in the 'presentation' options

Decent playground baller Lancerballer21's Avatar

First i had the same problem. i was a 6'7" athletic sf and i was playing center against shaq. Needless to say, it sucked. So i started over (i also for some reason didn't get the training camp or play in the nba trophy) and i noticed the minutes changed the second time. I realized that whatever you have the minutes set at when you start the my player is what it will be throughout.

My second time through i got drafted by the same team same pick (heat round 2 pick 13) but i went to the trailblazers after summer league. I averaged 11 points 8 boards and 3 assists in training camp and made the team. Only played one game though and i sucked. Hopefully i can do better.

I'm a six foot athletic SG(Allen Iverson) and I play everything from PG to PF.

Minnesota is f*cking crazy. I get a lot of steals fronting in the post though.