Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Lin agrees to terms with the Houston Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Red"]I like him and i really wish other knick players had his work ethic. You can bash him on the way out not me he's a winner. Now he's getting paid. I thought he was a good match with Melo especially with Stat not being a contributor most nights. He could have been that robin to his batman.

lin h8terz better pray felton comes to play mentally and physically.[/COLOR]
    Wait...how did I bash him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You could possibly use Lin to trade to LA. I am sure Sterling would love the money Lin brings to the team.
    I was thinking the same thing. CP3 and Jordan for Lin and Chandler or something along those lines

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Wait...how did I bash him?
    I dont think he meant you specifically...

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]i changed my mind. i have been debating this but i say sign him see what we got and then later we can trade him to houston or toronto.[/COLOR]

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    So you think Jeremy Lin will be a top 10 PG in the NBA?
    [COLOR="Red"]yes i think he will be in the top 3rd in the league. his shortcomings can be cured with work ethic and development and experience. the kid is 23 with a great mind. i do believe he got a big head though.

why cant he be a scoring pg? i know woodson doesnt like it or him. but at the end of the day what was the knicks problem last year they had no scoring option after melo. the kid scores meaningful baskets and ft's.

so what his defense isnt great he could be a good team defender. there are only a handful of starting pg's that are considered good defenders.[/COLOR]

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

yes i think he will be in the top 3rd in the league. his shortcomings can be cured with work ethic and development and experience. the kid is 23 with a great mind. i do believe he got a big head though.
    I can't agree with that and that's why I think the contract he was offered is crazy.

Barring new injuries, poor rehab from current injuries or unforeseen legal situations I think we can definitely expect the following will all be better than Lin heading into Lin's big money year: Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Kyrie Irving.

With the same exceptions as above I don't think it's absurd to find that the following are also better in two years: Kyle Lowry, Darren Collison, Ricky Rubio, Jrue Holiday.

That's not including prospects currently on the radar like CJ McCollum or Phil Pressey.

Until I start getting checks from the organization the marketing opportunities a player bring to the table mean absolutely nothing to me. When you can reasonably expect 12 guys at the same position will be better than a guy making $15 million then that guy shouldn't get $15 million.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

The pg position is being manned by mostly converted sg's.

So stating top 10 isn't saying much.

I wanted Lin traded at peak of linsanity or thought he could be traded this offseason, but even with that contract which would kill trade value there is no way not to bring him back now. I think Shumpert is more important long term but why give Lin away? Money is supposed to be no object for the Knicks.

[COLOR="Red"]i changed my mind. i have been debating this but i say sign him see what we got and then later we can trade him to houston or toronto.[/COLOR]
    Everyone keeps saying this but if he's proven to be a bust, who's going to want him. Sure his 15 mil is a expiring contract, but that's 3 years away.

I just don't get how everyone is always preaching cap space. We praised Walsh because he cleared all this cap but when it comes to Lin, money doesn't matter. If that's the case, why not bring back Landry? Sure he's overpaid and sure he was only a flash in the pan in a D'Antoni, stat padding system, but isn't Lin essentially the same thing? Is Lin better than Landry? Absolutely. But it's not much different.

Bottom line is, if a guy isn't definitively better than Raymond Felton, he should not be getting this contract. If a guy gets busted up whenever he faces elite point guards, he sould not be getting this contract. If a guy needs a mentor to play PG, he should not be getting this contract. Period! I know basketball is a business. But why all of a sudden does everyone care about James Dolan making money. You want him to make extra money, go to more games!

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]Bro after last season Telfair was better than Felton. Felton has a lot of sh!t to prove. Dude was a complete unprofessional bust.

I was thinking of selling him after the 2nd year. As an expirer but I am really just curious how he would perform this season with a camp.

Remember the Knicks are over the cap already or damn near close.

Lin is not worth the contract though.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Everyone keeps saying this but if he's proven to be a bust, who's going to want him. Sure his 15 mil is a expiring contract, but that's 3 years away.

I just don't get how everyone is always preaching cap space. We praised Walsh because he cleared all this cap but when it comes to Lin, money doesn't matter. If that's the case, why not bring back Landry? Sure he's overpaid and sure he was only a flash in the pan in a D'Antoni, stat padding system, but isn't Lin essentially the same thing? Is Lin better than Landry? Absolutely. But it's not much different.

Bottom line is, if a guy isn't definitively better than Raymond Felton, he should not be getting this contract. If a guy gets busted up whenever he faces elite point guards, he sould not be getting this contract. If a guy needs a mentor to play PG, he should not be getting this contract. Period! I know basketball is a business. But why all of a sudden does everyone care about James Dolan making money. You want him to make extra money, go to more games!

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]Why cant he be a scoring PG? Why cant he do like Russell, Rose, Deron? Wasnt like he was selfishly scoring and ignoring other players.[/COLOR]

I can't agree with that and that's why I think the contract he was offered is crazy.

Barring new injuries, poor rehab from current injuries or unforeseen legal situations I think we can definitely expect the following will all be better than Lin heading into Lin's big money year: Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Kyrie Irving.

With the same exceptions as above I don't think it's absurd to find that the following are also better in two years: Kyle Lowry, Darren Collison, Ricky Rubio, Jrue Holiday.

That's not including prospects currently on the radar like CJ McCollum or Phil Pressey.

Until I start getting checks from the organization the marketing opportunities a player bring to the table mean absolutely nothing to me. When you can reasonably expect 12 guys at the same position will be better than a guy making $15 million then that guy shouldn't get $15 million.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Why cant he be a scoring PG? Why cant he do like Russell, Rose, Deron? Wasnt like he was selfishly scoring and ignoring other players.
    Whether or not he scores has NOTHING to do with my point. My point is the guy will have a salary that suggest he is roughly in the top 20 of all players in the LEAGUE, in reality the guy isn't even a top 12 player at his position.

[COLOR="Red"]Bro after last season Telfair was better than Felton. Felton has a lot of sh!t to prove. Dude was a complete unprofessional bust.

I was thinking of selling him after the 2nd year. As an expirer but I am really just curious how he would perform this season with a camp.

Remember the Knicks are over the cap already or damn near close.

Lin is not worth the contract though.[/COLOR]
    Lol How do you become a bust after 7 solid yrs in the league? We all agree Felton was out of shape but I think its much easier for Felton to get back in shape than to teach Lin how to play defense, stop turning the ball over, and be stronger with the ball. At this point, I dont even care what we do. If Lin falls on his face, Felton isnt spectacular but he is more than capable. If we had just Felton, Id be a little less adamant about it. We will have 4 pgs on the team if we sign Lin at the tune of about 50 million dollars and none of them are great.

Krust Kingz

Whether or not he scores has NOTHING to do with my point. My point is the guy will have a salary that suggest he is roughly in the top 20 of all players in the LEAGUE, in reality the guy isn't even a top 12 player at his position.
    [COLOR="Red"]wont never know now will we... moot point the knicks wont match.
    I was talking about felton last year if you ever seen him play it was embarrassing he was atrocious. felton has been ok avg nothing spectacular or steller outside his MDA year. [/COLOR]

NBA rookie of the year

You realize a player's worth can be determined by more than just his play, right?