Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2013, 02:34 AM   #16
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,828
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
our neural pathways get trained and accustomed to madness of a social variety?

just one hypothesis, mofos......

I guess you can say that. If it is true though, can you really say that people who fall victim to rejecting and judging other people based on incorrect stereotypes are freaks of nature? I think they are people all the same, they've more likely just been raised in a shitty environment.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 AM   #17
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under Iraq, beside a tree.
Posts: 13,517
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I you can say that. If it is true though, can you really say that people who fall victim to rejecting and judging other people based on incorrect stereotypes are freaks of nature? I think they are people all the same, they've more likely just been raised in a shitty environment.
i agree, and sorry for my laziness on that reply.

i was mostly thinking of how nature, i.e. natural selection, treats these opinionated types. they just donít seem to survive as well compared to their mates who have the ílive and let liveí mindset.

"freak" in the sense of aberration. i.e. not natural. i.e. no healthy animal and 99% of humans across history seem to give a crap about othersí sexual habits. i mean, it just hit me the other day... i donít know what the exact right word is. just that itís not normal across nature.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:06 AM   #18
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,216
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
this might be kind of offtopic, but does being raised in a gay household (2 males or 2 females) have any effect on the child?

Studies have shown that kids growing up in gay households do better than kids who grow up in straight households.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...will-they-fare

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1365963

http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/gay-par...straight-ones/

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...994480,00.html

Its not surprising as gay people typically do well economically.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #19
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity
 
GatorKid117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,551
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
this might be kind of offtopic, but does being raised in a gay household (2 males or 2 females) have any effect on the child?

From what I understand, theres never really been a good study conducted yet to determine the effects of a gay household on children. Theres just not enough families out there and not enough time has elapsed to get a good gauge. Plus, its hard to isolate the homosexuality factor in family studies.

Personally, I don't see it having much affect at all.

Quote:
It def has an affect on the kid.

How would you like to grow up with 2 dad and no mom? and get made fun of for it growing up? and not have a mom? lol

And vice versa, howd you like to have 2 moms and no dad? youd be a puss

Well considering about 1/3 of kids grow up with 1 parent now a days, I'll take the 2 guaranteed no sweat.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #20
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,542
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i had this thought the other day, and it seems to hold up so far.

okay hetero dude over 30 here... among other things i'm an amateur zoologist who likes to build an understanding of everything based on my take on human history, natural law, science, reason and maybe a bit of psychology and metaphysics, even though i'm not totally clear on what "metaphysics" really means. anyway, there you go!

point is, in my studies of human history and the other animals, i have RARELY noticed any judgement or stigma upon gay people, bi-people, people who like some form of weird sex, or whatever. i cannot help but notice a pattern.

the usual way a normal individual seems to act is:- "is their behavior messing up my life? if not, then i don't give a shit. i got other crap to take care of, byotch."

really, it seems to be no more complicated than that. i mean, in the field of life and nature, judgement upon the way others conduct their sexuality seems to be only for purposes of self-righteousness and ego... nothing else that i can see. agree / disagree?


from what i've seen, there are countless examples of animals that integrate gay members as a useful means of survival, and countless human cultures that integrated bi-sexuality and *whatever* as a healthy way of balancing shit out. and if that's of interest to you... you can certainly google them up. it's a landslide of information from what i've seen.


so my point is this-- can you find me some other examples from the history of life on earth in which any group of lifeforms was so obsessed with others' sexuality? it seems pretty weird.

in the end, it really does seem like these people are freaks, and yet they're all around us (and even in me because i doubt i'll never be completely unbiased no matter how hard i try). but they're still freaks of nature from my research... nothing more, nothing less.

prove me wrong, pls.

People who are stupid enough to out themselves as a judge of others' sexuality are, if not freaks of nature, just immature.

It's hard to say what that even means, though. I don't care if people are gay (I don't understand it, though. I understand how someone could have a dude as a life mate, but when that crosses the line into ****ing each other is when it gets hazy), I don't care if gay people get married, but it'd be pretty hard for me to not think, as two guys walk by holding each others hands, something like "gay people."

But I'd like to say I perceive a lot of information, so I notice a lot. I notice white people and say "white people," but because of the fact that (sorry to admit) homosexual sex is repulsive to me, I think I take it more seriously.

Most people (at least from my experience) were like FAGSSSSS when they were 11-12, but then we grew up. Maybe some people who were really well-educated on the matter would have been different, but it's just so different than what we, as straight dudes, think. I'm just saying a whole bunch of bogus ass shit, so I'll finish it off with this: If I could wave a magic wand and say "No more gay people!" I think I would. Since I can't, however, and I know some pretty cool gay people, I accept it. I don't judge it, but I don't really LIKE the idea that dudes are ****ing each other.

Also, you yourself called it weird sex.

Edit: Also, it comes down to empathy. I think some humans have high level empathy. While we can understand what it's like to enjoy something and be totally shit upon by society (as it would be if you were gay) we can also understand (enough for it to be hella uncomfortable) what it would be like to have a dick in our ass. I don't think animals do. I think that those two things are the essential conflict of every objective straight dude. Sure, nobody is trying to put a dick in our ass (at least not when we talk about gay people), but we just see that, or I do, as such a terrible thing. It's almost like rape.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLsmak : 08-12-2013 at 03:42 AM.
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #21
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under Iraq, beside a tree.
Posts: 13,517
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
People who are stupid enough to out themselves as a judge of others' sexuality are, if not freaks of nature, just immature.

It's hard to say what that even means, though. I don't care if people are gay (I don't understand it, though. I understand how someone could have a dude as a life mate, but when that crosses the line into ****ing each other is when it gets hazy), I don't care if gay people get married, but it'd be pretty hard for me to not think, as two guys walk by holding each others hands, something like "gay people."

But I'd like to say I perceive a lot of information, so I notice a lot. I notice white people and say "white people," but because of the fact that (sorry to admit) homosexual sex is repulsive to me, I think I take it more seriously.

Most people (at least from my experience) were like FAGSSSSS when they were 11-12, but then we grew up. Maybe some people who were really well-educated on the matter would have been different, but it's just so different than what we, as straight dudes, think. I'm just saying a whole bunch of bogus ass shit, so I'll finish it off with this: If I could wave a magic wand and say "No more gay people!" I think I would. Since I can't, however, and I know some pretty cool gay people, I accept it. I don't judge it, but I don't really LIKE the idea that dudes are ****ing each other.

Also, you yourself called it weird sex.

Edit: Also, it comes down to empathy. I think some humans have high level empathy. While we can understand what it's like to enjoy something and be totally shit upon by society (as it would be if you were gay) we can also understand (enough for it to be hella uncomfortable) what it would be like to have a dick in our ass. I don't think animals do. I think that those two things are the essential conflict of every objective straight dude. Sure, nobody is trying to put a dick in our ass (at least not when we talk about gay people), but we just see that, or I do, as such a terrible thing. It's almost like rape.

-Smak
makes sense, and respect for sharing, but i do get the consistent sense that nature just doesnít care about our opinions on this stuff. it simply doesnít seem to matter compared to the importance of genetic diversification and passing on of DNA. thatís the normal. outside of that lies... whatever you want to call it.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,235
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

OP....I can tell you got that Alpha Mentality...


I understand where you are coming from....



well played
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #23
AboveTheRim.
I rule the local playground
 
AboveTheRim.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 466
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
:vomit:

Ewe'v gone full ghey now. Must be a Calipornea thing :bla:
Overcompensating much breh?
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #24
FiveRings
Banned
 
FiveRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 785
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
People who are stupid enough to out themselves as a judge of others' sexuality are, if not freaks of nature, just immature.

It's hard to say what that even means, though. I don't care if people are gay (I don't understand it, though. I understand how someone could have a dude as a life mate, but when that crosses the line into ****ing each other is when it gets hazy), I don't care if gay people get married, but it'd be pretty hard for me to not think, as two guys walk by holding each others hands, something like "gay people."

But I'd like to say I perceive a lot of information, so I notice a lot. I notice white people and say "white people," but because of the fact that (sorry to admit) homosexual sex is repulsive to me, I think I take it more seriously.

Most people (at least from my experience) were like FAGSSSSS when they were 11-12, but then we grew up. Maybe some people who were really well-educated on the matter would have been different, but it's just so different than what we, as straight dudes, think. I'm just saying a whole bunch of bogus ass shit, so I'll finish it off with this: If I could wave a magic wand and say "No more gay people!" I think I would. Since I can't, however, and I know some pretty cool gay people, I accept it. I don't judge it, but I don't really LIKE the idea that dudes are ****ing each other.

Also, you yourself called it weird sex.

Edit: Also, it comes down to empathy. I think some humans have high level empathy. While we can understand what it's like to enjoy something and be totally shit upon by society (as it would be if you were gay) we can also understand (enough for it to be hella uncomfortable) what it would be like to have a dick in our ass. I don't think animals do. I think that those two things are the essential conflict of every objective straight dude. Sure, nobody is trying to put a dick in our ass (at least not when we talk about gay people), but we just see that, or I do, as such a terrible thing. It's almost like rape.

-Smak
Wow. You are one sick f*ck. You say you would wave a wand so all gays no longer existed if you could, and then say you don't judge? You're no better than the most racist whites who want to see all blacks dead.

The taste of broccoli is repulsive to me. Would I therefore prefer that everyone who eats broccoli no longer exist? No, because I'm not a bigoted, ignorant n1gger like you.
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #25
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,274
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Judging period is ridiculous. Analyzing is different. Many people don't care to analyze... it's just not simple enough. I don't blame them. It's easier to get an idea in your head and stick with it. I personally can't do that.

Judging and social shaming are fine. Violate the code of humanity u get kicked out.

They just need to be done properly.

Who cares about bromances when there are white collar thieves and violent criminals frolicking about ya feel me dawg
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #26
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under Iraq, beside a tree.
Posts: 13,517
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

dr. hee and a couple others here...

IMO, you should not ever feel bad about who you are and how you feel about an issue. that's just you for a thousand million reasons, and i support my fellow bros.

but... i'm sorry for this... at a certain point some of you really should make a basic leap of understanding-- that you were raised by your particular family and society to be a freak.

you can bash on innocent people all you like, but you're still a freak who turned his back on nature and accepted the training of your local society.


nature does not judge a person's choices for whatever reasons they choose. nature only describes how long that argument tends to last.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #27
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,156
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
dr. hee and a couple others here...

IMO, you should not ever feel bad about who you are and how you feel about an issue. that's just you for a thousand million reasons, and i support my fellow bros.

but... i'm sorry for this... at a certain point some of you really should make a basic leap of understanding-- that you were raised by your particular family and society to be a freak.

you can bash on innocent people all you like, but you're still a freak who turned his back on nature and accepted the training of your local society.


nature does not judge a person's choices for whatever reasons they choose. nature only describes how long that argument tends to last.

I think you're going to in depth of the subject to the point where I don't know what the **** you are talking about.

As for the subject I don't think most people in the US gives a shit. They care when gay people in public areas start acting flamboyant and start talking about their past sexual experiences, or dressing a very bizarre fashion and making every feel grossed out(I've been in situations where the gay people even make females feel weirded out let alone the guys..) Situations like a guy telling how he lost his v-card to another guy, or a guy looking like a transvestite the next day powdering himself with makeup, or a guy checking out another guy and making sexual comments.

As for animals integrating gay animals WTF are you talking about here? I bursted out laughing because it was some pseudo science BS. I'm probably ignorant on the subject here but I think animals main motive for sex is for the reproduction of their specie and not for the sake of it so therefore it's kinda impossible for animals to be "gay" although I'm sure you have animals of the same sex banging each other?

Bottom line is most people don't care, most people do support gay rights and all. It gets blown out of proportions by the media mostly for their own gains but that's for another topic.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #28
Hazard
makhnovshchina
 
Hazard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philthadelphia
Posts: 2,398
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Interesting choice of words. Humans are social creatures by nature, and we are born into an institution already put in place before we have a chance to learn anything about it. Growing up we are taught to dislike and like certain things. As social creatures we naturally begin to reflect each other.

Basically my point is, no they're not freaks of nature its a matter of nature vs nurture and in this case nurture won. Some people are able to look past it and be like I don't give a shit and move on, others want to hang in the child mentality and point fingers and laugh.

I've had good conversations with gay people and had some gay acquaintances, but still when I see two dudes holding hands my reaction is still what the ****. That's not me being homophobic, its the fact that I've been institutionalized and programmed to react that way. The sooner people realize that and stop being dumbasses the better.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #29
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,216
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTare
I've always said that loud and annoying 'look at me I am gay' people have always gotten on my nerves. But annoying people are..well...annoying in general. Gay people deserve all the rights that straight people have, eventually,slowly, they will get em. Just like racism this plague of gay bashers is diapering, at least in what I've seen in my community. Acceptance is a key for happiness.

As long as they don't try to **** me, unless it's a hot lesbian, i fvks wit dat.

Its this type of arrogance that is really hilarious. I am sure the gay community is devastated to learn this.

Quote:
unless it's a hot lesbian,
Cause porn = real life.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #30
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 6,416
Default Re: Prove me wrong: People who judge others' sexuality are freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I think you're going to in depth of the subject to the point where I don't know what the **** you are talking about.

As for the subject I don't think most people in the US gives a shit. They care when gay people in public areas start acting flamboyant and start talking about their past sexual experiences, or dressing a very bizarre fashion and making every feel grossed out(I've been in situations where the gay people even make females feel weirded out let alone the guys..) Situations like a guy telling how he lost his v-card to another guy, or a guy looking like a transvestite the next day powdering himself with makeup, or a guy checking out another guy and making sexual comments.

Wait so you only care when the person who is being eccentric and talks about past sexual experiences is gay, if he was straight it'd be cool that he was invading your private space. I also don't understand how someones way of dressing could make you uncomfortable, maybe you should be more specific but i feel as long as everyone's private parts are covered up it should be fine.

As for animals integrating gay animals WTF are you talking about here? I bursted out laughing because it was some pseudo science BS. I'm probably ignorant on the subject here but I think animals main motive for sex is for the reproduction of their specie and not for the sake of it so therefore it's kinda impossible for animals to be "gay" although I'm sure you have animals of the same sex banging each other?

plenty of gay animals just google it, educate yourself

....
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy