Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Manny Pacquiao Apologizes for Saying 'Gay People Are Worse Than Animals'

"It's common sense. Will you see any animals where male is to male and female is to female?" he said. "The animals are better. They know how to distinguish male from female. If we approve [of] male on male, female on female, then man is worse than animals."

Local gay rights organization Ladlad called on voters to boycott the candidate. And Filipino comedian Vice Ganda used the hashtag #PrayForMannyPacquiao to criticize the boxer's comments. "The LGBT is a group of people," Ganda wrote on Twitter to 6.7 million followers. "We are humans. But not animals. Though we're no saints we will pray for Manny Pacquiao."

Pacquiao responded to the backlash on his Instagram: "I rather obey the Lord's command than obeying the desires of the flesh. I'm not condemning anyone, but I'm just telling the truth of what the Bible says. The truth from the Bible is what changed me from my old ways."

Several hours later, Pacquiao, who currently serves in the Philippines' House of Representatives, posted an apology first to his Instagram page then to his Twitter account.

"I'm sorry for everyone who got hurt due to my comparison of gay people (homosexuals) to animals. It was my mistake. Please forgive me for those who I've hurt," he said. "But this does not change my position against same sex marriage. That's what I believe. My only mistake is comparing gay people to animals."

Manny Pacquiao Apologizes for Saying 'Gay People Are Worse Than Animals' - TIME
    https://apple.news/AJ-w91w_aS4W3JDtqoy9gLw

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao Apologizes for Saying 'Gay People Are Worse Than Animals'

Who is he apologizing to? Those countries are very religious and very traditional. Gay people and gay marriage just don't have a voice over there as they do in the United States.

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao Apologizes for Saying 'Gay People Are Worse Than Animals'

My only mistake is comparing gay people to animals
    then apologize to animals.

Fake Humble Guy, and a Bible Thumper.

Since Marquez put him into sleep. He's been making some stupid statements. I think Jinky needs to call the Head Doctors and examine Pacquiao's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Who is he apologizing to? Those countries are very religious and very traditional. Gay people and gay marriage just don't have a voice over there as they do in the United States.
    gay marriage does happen in the Philippines, its not just recognize by the church.

Pacquiao about to knock Bradley's head off. The gay community got him all pissed off

Very good NBA starter

the pc police got manny too

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    the pc police got manny too
    Not in this case, it's only fair you get some negative reactions after being an asshole.

kings fan

He doesn't know that animals can also be gay, which is really old news too.
    Last edited by cuad; 02-16-2016 at 02:10 PM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    then apologize to animals.
    If he did that would be amazing

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

haha it's so funny and random that he said this, considering how many gay filipino mama boys there are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by cuad
    He doesn't know that animals can also be gay.
    In his defense I asked the same question several months ago

Turns out they can be

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti
    Not in this case, it's only fair you get some negative reactions after being an asshole.

this guy is bitchmade

Homosexual behavior is common in the animal kingdom.

Anyone who thinks it's exclusive to man doesn't know shit about what has been observed in nature.

Male lions/(and many other types of cat including house cat) for example, not-so-infrequently will mount and mate with each other. Gorillas documented to do this. Lots of animals do. Mostly religious god fearing humans who's only book they'll ever care to read was written 2,000 years ago by desert savages will say dumb shit like "it isn't done in the wild".