Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    That's OK. He can just point out that he has more rings than all them combined.
    kobe ready to add to his record.....most playoff bricks ever.....

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    LOL.

Do you even know what a debate is? Someone presents an argument, supports the premise, and arrives at the conclusion.

Then waits for the rebuttal. It goes back and forth until a better truth comes along. There are no winners, both gain from the intellectual synthesis that comes from it.

So basically, you're just caving in like a little b*tch.
    A debate is where you provide FACTS(information that can be looked up and verified to be correct) to back up what you're saying....NOT your own Kobe hater opinion, you're(rambo) backing up with MORE of your own Kobe hater opinion, DESPERATELY trying to pass it off as fact. A debate....IS NOT throwing around pathetic attempts at insults, simply cuz people don't agree with you. And the only person "caving like a b***h(rambo) is you(rambo), since that's really all you have. "oh...yeah....well....you know..."people say this and that," but yet he can't show us which "people" they supposedly are. Please continue to further embarrass yourself(rambo)
    Last edited by LakersReign; 08-27-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    kobe ready to add to his record.....most playoff bricks ever.....
    hurrr durrr

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    A debate is where you provide FACTS to back up what you're saying....NOT your own Kobe hater opinion, you're(rambo) DESPERATELY trying to pass off as facts. A debate....IS NOT throwing around pathetic attempts at insults, simply cuz people don't agree with you. And the only person "caving like a b***h(rambo) is you(rambo), since that's really all you have. "oh...yeah....well....you know..."people say this and that," but yet he can't show us which "people" they supposedly are. Please continue to further embarrass yourself(rambo)
    Then what is the point of having these discussions dumbsh*t? People around here are smart enough to understand a point being made. They don't go on a crazy neurotic tirade and call everyone a hater to try and somehow get out of the point they are trying to make.

I don't think you are intellectually capable of a rebuttal at this point. Sorry dude but all I hear is, "WAAAAAHHHHHHH HE HATES KOBE SO I HATE HIM" ... seriously dude? That's the rebuttal? You are going to call people haters because of your obsession with Kobe?

Lebronyte Kryptonite

AND.....there he(rambo) goes AGAIN with YET ANOTHER pathetic temper tantrum, then tries to say he's "debating."

Pure hilarious stupidity(rambo)

If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10
    It's your arbitrary rankings... whatever floats your boat.

There's still some holes on this team (perimeter defense; head coaching) and we don't know if Kobe will be playing at an elite level anymore.

Blame will fall more to Howard, if anything. It's more his reputation that's on the line, IMO. Howard's got more than enough help on the block and the wings, at least offensively.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    AND.....there he(rambo) goes AGAIN with YET ANOTHER pathetic temper tantrum, then tries to say he's "debating."

Pure hilarious stupidity(rambo)
    sidekick boy will have to do it without...being a sidekick. lol. ohh wait, he just got 2 players whose accolades put his to shame. LET THE SIDEKICKING CONTINUE.

Damn, some of you guys getting way too emotional. Remember, it's just the internet. Don't invest so much time arguing with someone you don't know.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

I'm the idiot?

. Guys like Bird, Magic, are gonna be there for a long time because both of their hands are covered in rings. Kobe only has one hand while the other one is holding his d*ck.

[/B]

How do Bird and magic have rings on both hands?

Yes, you are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist

How do Bird and magic have rings on both hands?

Yes, you are an idiot.
    Bird and Magic have brought more to the game than anything Kobe has ever done. When he is scrutinized, most people will say Shaq is responsible for more than half of his ring and he is not a true leader.

At least Bird and Magic were true leaders of their team. I could of word it differently; it was an error in semantics, but both have brought more to the court than anything Kobe could ever dream of.

That was the point.

If Kobe can't win a title then he doesn't have it and its all on him.

If Kobe wins a title then its because he is lucky and it because he has such a stacked team.

Yeah, this is why I don't post much here anymore.

And what is sad is you stans are now saying it is Dwight's team. Magic and Bird wouldn't even play second fiddle to Jordan when both were in their last year of retirement and Jordan was coming off of his best run ever (MVP, FMVP, Multi-Championship) during the Olympics.

Magic and Bird would NEVER defer to any noob Laker. FACT.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 08-27-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    If Kobe can't win a title then he doesn't have it and its all on him.

If Kobe wins a title then its because he is lucky and it because he has such a stacked team.

Yeah, this is why I don't post much here anymore.
    No.

If Kobe wins, then it will improve his legacy; if he doesn't, it will diminish it.

Stop acting like a fruitcake and understand the point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

No.

If Kobe wins, then it will improve his legacy; if he doesn't, it will diminish it.

Stop acting like a fruitcake and understand the point.
    It really won't diminish his legacy....unless of course he just chokes or plays terrible in a big moment, game, or series...and even then it would take a lot to diminish what he's already accomplished. At this point at his age and years in the league....it really is just 99% gravy unless something absurd happens.

Kobe right now is a borderline top 10 player. That doesn't mean he isn't top 10....he is right now for sure, but he's at the tail end of it with Hakeem on most lists I've seen. The highest I see Kobe or Hakeem are 8th all time. You have;

MJ, Russell, Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Duncan, Shaq, Bird...all firmly in the top 8 or 9. And then you have Hakeem and Kobe.

The only way Kobe gets knocked out of the top 10 is for the Heat to win the title again...and for Lebron to win MVP and FMVP...and even then I'm not sure it would be enough. And even then it would be about where you rank Kobe going into this season.

So my point is that it won't diminish his legacy, but someone (really only Lebron) can greatly improve their legacy and get closer to or jump Kobe.

If the Heat were to win and Lebron won MVP, but Wade won FMVP and Wade had a great playoff run or something....then both Wade and Lebron get close to the Kobe level. Lebron, in my opinion, will ultimately end up being universally ranked higher than Kobe all time barring an injury or quick decline.

While it is unlikely, Wade's resume has a chance to get dramatically enhanced this year...especially if he were to outplay Kobe in the finals and win finals MVP. If the Heat win this year...Wade could potentially have a resume of 3 titles, 2 final mvps, and 25/6/5 career averages in the playoffs and regular season. That of course would not put him over Kobe, but it would probably vault him over West...or at least even with him...

So you could see a scenario in which Lebron is in the top 10 or knocking on its door after this year...while Wade is somewhere in the top 15.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...legacies or so fragile and so is winning and losing at times. Think about how close the Kobe/Shaq Lakers came to losing in both 00 and 02. About as close to losing as a team possibly can come really. But they found a way to win and their legacies reflect that. Lebron / Wade blew a huge chance to greatly improve their legacies in 11 when they lost to the Mavs. Wade would have 3 titles and 2 finals mvps right now...Lebron would have 2 titles right now. You can't blow those kind of opportunities very often because careers can be so limited.

But the point is that Kobe is top 10 until someone does something to get him out. Kobe can't do anything to move himself out of the top 10. It is going to take Lebron or Durant or to a much lesser extent Wade to do something to get in there.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

And what is sad is you stans are now saying it is Dwight's team.
    What's really sad, is that the only people saying hot garbage like that are moronic Lebron stans like you(rambo)

MORE of his pathetic "people say" crap. But yet again, he CONVENIENTLY can't show us a link to where these "people" supposedly said anything like that. But of course to fit his hilariously stupid agenda, he's going to take the musings of 1 or 2 Kobe fans. And then try to say that ALL Laker/Kobe fans said that. Such pathetic nonsense
    Last edited by LakersReign; 08-27-2012 at 04:08 PM.