Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

NJnetsfan1535 has decent reputation
Default Nets and Warriors Trade Talks Restarted

http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=6674

looks like we might get al harrington
NJnetsfan1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nets and Warriors Trade Talks Restarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnetsfan1535
http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=6674

looks like we might get al harrington

I would like to get him, he can take Simmons spot, and Al would be a good player for us. I say go after him.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
Did U See LD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Did U See LD has an OK reputation so far

make the deal
Did U See LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
gigantes
‪ ‪

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you can't evaluate a trade unless you know what you'll have to give up. they are offering to trade harrington, not give him away for free.

i don't like the idea of this trade unless it comes cheap, ie for fringe players. but it sounds like vandy tried that already and it was no dice.

with so many young players to develop and evaluate, i don't see much point in giving away significant pieces for harrington. for example, how do you know that what you give away won't turn out to be better?

if this was one year later then things would be different because we'd know better how good our players can be and there would be more pressure to make the team look good so as to lure lejames here.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

i could see harrington fitting well- kinda like the rest of you i say do it as long as it doesnt cost too much

i realise that the nets still own the rights to krstic & nachbar, can those rights be traded during the season and at what price would they be considered?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:19 AM   #6
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Harrington to play SF? Not a bad idea dudes. He'd be moved to play PF if we manage to sign LBJ in 2010 though.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
Moose

Who are the Nets dealing? VC?
Old 11-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

NJnetsfan1535 has decent reputation

did anyone see that allen iverson got traded for billups and mcdyess
NJnetsfan1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnetsfan1535
did anyone see that allen iverson got traded for billups and mcdyess
Yes..
Pretty random if you ask me. I like the trade for Denver, not so much for Detriot.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:43 PM   #10
gigantes
‪ ‪

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Yes..
Pretty random if you ask me. I like the trade for Denver, not so much for Detriot.
i'm still trying to figure it out. i can kind of understand detroit dumping long-term salary because they have a young upcoming PG, but setting up your team to play around iverson is a big change from what they normally do.

especially if they're only planning on doing it for one year and then going back to their normal offense when they decline to sign iverson next season.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i'm still trying to figure it out. i can kind of understand detroit dumping long-term salary because they have a young upcoming PG, but setting up your team to play around iverson is a big change from what they normally do.

especially if they're only planning on doing it for one year and then going back to their normal offense when they decline to sign iverson next season.

Some rumors say that its all for LeBron in 2010.

So we got to worry about another team compete against in the LeBron sweepstakes..
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:56 AM   #12
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

Rusty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Some rumors say that its all for LeBron in 2010.

So we got to worry about another team compete against in the LeBron sweepstakes..
I think Chris Bosh is the more likely target for two main reasons. The first, they'll need someone to take over from 'Sheed. The second, even though they'll have a heap of cap space free, it won't be enough to snag LBJ (I don't think, anyway).
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #13
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Picking up Harrington is great idea. Harrington playing the 3. WOw thats nice. Who to give up? I say Swift, Hassel, Ager, and rights. Ill even add Swat to the list as much as i love em.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #14
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

I wish the Warriors took Bobby Simmons from the Nets. He's earning almost 10m this year while doing nothing.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: