Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 03-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board
Default Re: Official CatCast: Knicks @ Bobcats, 3/28, 7:00 PM EST, Time Warner Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Augustin has looked great lately. You guys still wanting to give Felton a good sized extension? Or give Augustin the reins and spend that money on a SG replacement?

He's been great shooting the ball but the rest of his game hasn't gotten there yet. Shooting has never been in doubt so far as he's concerned.

Too bad he's not 5 inches taller.

Strong win, and we closed it out very well.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #17
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official CatCast: Knicks @ Bobcats, 3/28, 7:00 PM EST, Time Warner Arena

Im just concerned that Charlottes going to give Felton a nice pay day, and then Augustin is going to win the starting job maybe as early as 25 games into next year.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #18
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Got this off of ESPN boxscores.

Flagrant Fouls: None
Technical Fouls: PLAYERS: 2 CHARLOTTE ( G Wallace 1 ) NEWYORK ( L Hughes 1 ) - TEAMS (def3sec): None - COACHES: None
Officials: Dan Crawford , Pat Fraher , Zach Zarba
Attendance: 19,133 <------------------
Time of Game: 2:07

Was tonights game a sellout?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #19
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Im just concerned that Charlottes going to give Felton a nice pay day, and then Augustin is going to win the starting job maybe as early as 25 games into next year.

It's looking strongly like a buyer's market next year and he wants to be here. I'm not that worried. If he wants too much then we move on...having DJ gives us some bargaining power if nothing else.

Felton is a good PG (heh, tonight notwithstanding!), and they do get paid better than average. If needs be we almost surely can move him in the future for good value.

Heck, even Hinrich's fat salary didn't stop a trade earlier in the year...if it wasn't for an injury he was going to get traded for a pick and a player (I just can't remember which team is was).

Quote:

It looked full and Clyde commented that the place was "almost full". Last Saturday game...I'd have went if not for a prior commitment in VA today.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Yeah, I forgot about Hinrich. Good point.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Yeah, I forgot about Hinrich. Good point.

I believe Hinrich's a much better guard than Felton though. I'll be happy to see if we can trade Bell and a bench dude for Hinrich. Throw in a pick if necessary, since Charlotte probably won't get an early first rounder anymore for the near future .
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #22
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
I believe Hinrich's a much better guard than Felton though. I'll be happy to see if we can trade Bell and a bench dude for Hinrich. Throw in a pick if necessary, since Charlotte probably won't get an early first rounder anymore for the near future .

I can't tell you just how much I disagree with every bit of that statement.

Hinrich is certainly NOT a "much better guard", esp. considering what he's getting paid. He's not as good a passer nor does he run the offense as well. Even their stats are pretty even except for Hinrich's 3 pt %.

Add in that Felton is an iron man and loves to be here it's not even close.

Bell alone is worth more than Hinrich (even if you discount salary...which you shouldn't)...he plays a position of major need, is a great shooter off screens and brings leadership to a starting squad that desperately needs it.

And you're wanting to add a pick!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #23
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Got this off of ESPN boxscores.

Flagrant Fouls: None
Technical Fouls: PLAYERS: 2 CHARLOTTE ( G Wallace 1 ) NEWYORK ( L Hughes 1 ) - TEAMS (def3sec): None - COACHES: None
Officials: Dan Crawford , Pat Fraher , Zach Zarba
Attendance: 19,133 <------------------
Time of Game: 2:07

Yes. A very enthusiastic crowd too. The entire place stood up and cheered for the last minute of the game. I'm getting pretty excited about Kobe and co. coming to town Tues.

Scott Fowler had an interesting article in the Observer this morning. He said he gives the cats a 20% chance of making the playoffs, which is 20% better than they have ever been. The standing ovation last night was kind of a collective thank you to LB and the team for how far they have come this season.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: