Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Default Re: Biggie's famous Juicy line no more real than Drake's Started from the Bottom song

Quote Originally Posted by iggy>
    Lol if you're not bussin guns and sellin crack then u cant rock fitteds, skullys or chains. U cant sag your pants, and u cant flip the bird.

Lol nice logic. U guys need to get lives.

? the point is that someone is saying this is their life or how they were living when in fact they werent... youre talking about something else

Default Re: Biggie's famous Juicy line no more real than Drake's Started from the Bottom song

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    So entertainers don't gang bang, sell crack , and murder people? They just entertain?

My entire life has been a lie
    Actually, many really do bang and slang.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I don't care who's from where and what not.

Drake is CORNY, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    See, even andgar thinks so.

I don't follow

Originally Posted by TheReturn
    I never got the obsession with rappers having to be from the hood to have credibility as rappers.
    its because they act like they are from the hood

its not hard to understand

There's different levels of hood as well.

Just because you're from the hood, it doesn't mean that you are hood. And then there's different levels within that as well.

People from the hood will know if one is from the hood by the way they carry themselves also. And many will know what level they're from.

Some dude may size me up and know that I am from there, and what level of hood I am.

Being 'hood' also doesn't mean that they rob, kill, slang, etc.etc. NO

It just means that you're from the area, you grew up around certain elements, you know how to deal with certain things, you have a certain awareness etc.etc.

So yeah, BIG and most rappers may not be 'G' level 1. But most people will agree that they are from there.

Drake is one of the kids from a nice suburban area, that enjoys hip hop and gets highly influenced by it. But cats that are from the hood (regardless of which level) know he's a fugazi to the extreme.

But again

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    There's different levels of hood as well.

Just because you're from the hood, it doesn't mean that you are hood.

It just means that you're from the area, you grew up around certain elements, you know how to deal with certain things, you have a certain awareness etc.etc.

So yeah, BIG and most rappers may not be 'G' level 1. But most people will agree that they are from there.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    with the exception of a few lines like the one you just pointed out Drake does walk and talk hood...I am sure he only throws those lines out so he can point to them if anyone calls him a fake just like you have here...
    Yes...

I'm sure that's the motive for the lines...

[QUOTE=andgar923]There's different levels of hood as well.

Just because you're from the hood, it doesn't mean that you are hood. And then there's different levels within that as well.

People from the hood will know if one is from the hood by the way they carry themselves also. And many will know what level they're from.

Some dude may size me up and know that I am from there, and what level of hood I am.

Drake is one of the kids from a nice suburban area, that enjoys hip hop and gets highly influenced by it. But cats that are from the hood (regardless of which level) know he's a fugazi to the extreme.

But again

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Most rappers are fake. I haven't listened to it/liked it since HS really but had an issue with it post HS when I realized being a white kid from a middle class home I was there target . I don't want to listen to a guy talk about struggle and how he'll straight up punk you and make tons of $$ when he's just a manufactured product that's put out to trick people into buying his albums. Same with Drake. Dude's not making music, he's selling a lifestyle. An image. Nobody would be buying his albums if he was talking about real things or anything other than women/booze/money etc. He knows it, studio's know it.

People get reaaal upset when you point it out tho. Everybody loves to think there favorite rapper keeps it real and Drake isn't just a guy who wants to make money. Only reason dude's rapping is because acting didn't work out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Not sure what's not to get?

There's people that are hood and some that aren't.

one guy sounds smooth and one guy sounds like he had a horrible accident.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    i know a bunch of ni99az in da hood that are not about that life, just poor ni99az. Example; Kendrick is from da hood but he's no hood ni99a like Nipsey.