Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Can we all agree that Curry > Jordan, Bran, Kobe as a person?

Quote Originally Posted by jstern

I took personality into account
    You said Lebron did more with less - the following posts provide clear-cut proof that such a statement is ridiculous:

Lebron did more with less.
    In 1989, the 47-win Bulls would've missed the 45-win playoff cut without Jordan's 33/8/8/54.

So that was a LOTTERY roster without Jordan - yet Jordan took that lottery roster to ECF and 6 games with the champion Bad Boys.

This is superior to what Lebron did with the Cavs in 2009 and 2010, where he lost both years to NON-champions.

We have clear proof that Jordan's 1989 Bulls were more of a 1-man team than Lebron's 2009 and 2010 Cavs:

Lebron's supporting cast added enough help on top of his 28/8/7/49 to win 66 games in 2009, while MJ's supporting cast only added enough help to his 33/8/8/54 to win 47 games in 1989.. There's only 2 possible reasons that Lebron's inferior stats resulted in 19 more wins: he had a better supporting cast or he played inferior competition.

[COLOR="Navy"]If you think that all 19 wins was due to worse competition (and not better supporting cast)[/COLOR], then consider how much better that makes MJ's playoff stats look, since they came against far better competition... Lebron's 35/9/7/51/1.6 stl playoff averages in 2009 are invalidated compared to MJ's nearly identical 35/7/7/51/2.5 stl playoff averages in 1989, due to facing vastly inferior competition..

Of course, the other alternative is that Lebron's supporting cast was better, IN ADDITION to the aforementioned weaker comp.. This is more logical.. Lebron's supporting cast included an all-star and a slew of higher-producing veterans, which was a stark contrast from Jordan's young, lower-producing cast.. Therefore, the gap in RS records was due to a combination of BOTH competition level and supporting cast.

[COLOR="Blue"]Bigger Overachievement[/COLOR]: Jordan's 1989 Playoff Run vs. Lebron's 2007

Jordan's Bulls were 47-25 and the 6 seed.
    Lebron's Cavs were 50-32 and the 2 seed.

1st Round Jordan: CLE...(#3 seed, 57-25, #2 ranked defense... 40.0.. 6.0.. 8.1.. 51.8% FG)
    1st Round Lebron: WSH (#7 seed, 41-41, #28 ranked defense.. 27.0.. 8.5.. 7.5.. 42.5% FG)

2nd Round Jordan: NYK (#2 seed, 52-30, #10 ranked defense... 35.5.. 9.5.. 8.3.. 55.0% FG)
    2nd Round Lebron: NJN (#6 seed, 41-41, #15 ranked defense... 24.7.. 7.3.. 8.5.. 42.3% FG)

Conf. Finals Jordan: DET (#1 seed, 62-30, #3 ranked defense... 30.0.. 5.5.. 6.5.. 46.0% FG)
    Conf. Finals Lebron: DET (#1 seed, 53-29, #7 ranked defense... 25.7.. 9.1.. 8.5.. 44.9% FG)

NO COMPARISON

Jordan never missed the playoffs despite having no all-stars early in his career, and went 6/6 when he got just 1 all-star.

Otoh, Lebron missed the playoffs twice despite having an all star teammate, and only went 2/4 with two all-star teammates in Miami.

[COLOR="Red"]Lebron is in that he's not free to do what's best for him.
    [/COLOR]
    What the **** are you talking about - are you trolling?

Lebron LEFT Cleveland... Jordan never left... Lebron LEFT Miami... Jordan never left.

So Lebron did whatever he wanted, while Jordan was loyal to his team.

Seriously, what the **** are you talking about when you say "Lebron didn't get to do what was best for him."... He did EXACTLY whatever he wanted.

Cleveland is not as popular as a city as Chicago, LA, etc.
    You're clueless - it's common knowledge that Chicago was one of the worst franchises in the league before Jordan got there - no one wanted to play there anymore than guys wanted to play for the Clippers 10 years ago or the Sixers now..

LeBron has always seemed like a really cool guy off-the-court. Hard to tell what people are really like though.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Can we all agree that Curry had a silver spoon in his mouth since he came out the womb?

Seriously, who had it the toughest OVERALL - I'll rank each guy from easiest road (4) to toughest road (1):

4) Curry - great genes, privileged upbringing, the very best basketball training, the best of everything his entire life

3) Lebron - from the hood... But he was the uber-protected, hometown hero - due to modern scouting, he was coddled from when he was in junior high.. He was so coddled and spoiled that he drove an illegal Range Rover in HS and signed a 100 million Nike contract before he played a single NBA game.. Then he arranged to play with arguably the best 2-guard and PF in the league.

2) Kobe - great genes, privileged upbringing, but had to learn Italian to fit in - upon returning to the US, he obsessed about the game so he could forget that he doesn't really fit in and is a different kind of kat.. Unfairly rode the bench early on and had to prove himself in the NBA.

1) Jordan - had to overcome poor training, nutrition, and racism in the 70's South.. Also had to react WELL (work harder) after getting cut as sophomore... Was NEVER coddled - got discovered in the blazing summer heat at 5-star camp as a junior... His first Nike contract was 500k total for 5 years.

In terms of work ethic and ambition how would you rank those 4 players?

LeBron is friendly in person and does great charity work. I'd have to go with LeBron.

6/6

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    In terms of work ethic and ambition how would you rank those 4 players?
    work ethic: Kobe, Curry, Jordan, Lebron

ambition: Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Curry

Not airballing my layups anymore

Lol. You guys that play the "never left their team" argument never talk about the rules in place about player movement or the rather, relatively paltry amounts players were making during that time. They weren't set for life after their rookie contracts. NBA had a rule in place that allowed NBA teams paying any amount to keep players in small market teams to keep franchise players so they didn't bolt to larger markets with better endorsement deals. These guys were making peanuts compared to todays players.

This whole colluded argument ignores that previous generations never had that option. It is a simplistic opinion that ignores history. The owners traded off this stuff for limited rookie salary and limiting what a max player can make under the last CBA.

Carry on.

Banned

Can we all agree that Curry had a silver spoon in his mouth since he came out the womb?

Seriously, who had it the toughest OVERALL - I'll rank each guy from easiest road (4) to toughest road (1):

4) Curry - great genes, privileged upbringing, the very best basketball training, the best of everything his entire life

3) Lebron - from the hood... But he was the uber-protected, hometown hero - due to modern scouting, he was coddled from when he was in junior high.. He was so coddled and spoiled that he drove an illegal Range Rover in HS and signed a 100 million Nike contract before he played a single NBA game.. Then he arranged to play with arguably the best 2-guard and PF in the league.

2) Kobe - great genes, privileged upbringing, but had to learn Italian to fit in - upon returning to the US, he obsessed about the game so he could forget that he doesn't really fit in and is a different kind of kat.. Unfairly rode the bench early on and had to prove himself in the NBA.

1) Jordan - had to overcome poor training, nutrition, and racism in the 70's South.. Also had to react WELL (work harder) after getting cut as sophomore... Was NEVER coddled - got discovered in the blazing summer heat at 5-star camp as a junior... His first Nike contract was 500k total for 5 years.
    Jordan grew up in an upper middle class home, never faced racism.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaadverse

This whole colluded argument ignores that previous generations never had that option.

Carry on.
    Exactly, so they had it harder than today's player... Period.. That's the end of the argument.

So stop being biased and accept the facts - today's player has it easier by being able to team-hop

And DON'T carry on - quit being biased.

Exactly, so they had it harder than today's player... Period.. That's the end of the argument.

So stop being biased and accept the facts - today's player has it easier by being able to team-hop

And DON'T carry on - quit being biased.
    Yeah, You really are an asshole. Don't carry on. Jordan would have hopped teams in a minute given the same freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaadverse

Yeah, You really are an asshole. Don't carry on.

Jordan would've hopped teams in a minute given the same freedoms.
    But he didn't have that freedom, and therefore had it HARDER, making his already-superior accomplishments that much more impressive.

Actually, go ahead and carry on, because I'm killing you

But he didn't have that freedom, and therefore had it HARDER, making his already-superior accomplishments that much more impressive.

Actually, go ahead and carry on, because I'm killing you
    You really are an idiot. You're arguing that because MJ didn't have the same options he couldn't exercise the same options.

Keep slurping his testicles. MJ would have left the Bulls if he had the same options. On the one hand you keep saying he stayed because he was loyal. On the other hand, he didn't have the option.
    Which is it ?

3-time NBA All-Star

work ethic: Kobe, Curry, Jordan, Lebron

ambition: Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Curry
    Curry wouldnt have that work ethic if he has no ambition. And this guy is on pace of beating jordans, not just individual season, but team too. Then add in the fact that hes much younger when they first won their rings

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I hope you die this year. I am not even kidding. Lots of innocent people are dying, but @$$hole like you are still breathing.

Life is not fair.
    He's trolling on a internet board

He isn't out stabbing babies and kicking puppies god damn

So unwarranted

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Jordan is comfortably the worst of the bunch. Greatest basketball player absolutely, but he's a terrible, terrible human being. He's narcissistic, petulant, supercilious, incorrigible, (to name a few) and a degenerate gambler who is responsible for his father's murder. Of the all-time greats he is easily the worst person.
    I came here to say this. Jordan is the worst by far. Not to mention he treats his fans horribly. Kobe is probably second worst for all the same things you listed ( minus the gambling and dad-murder), but add on adultery (notice I didn't say rape).

Between Curry and Lebron, there's nothing non-basketball related that has ever made me think they are terrible people. However, on-court issues have confirmed to me that Lebron is incredibly unlikeable, from his antics, mannerisms, to how he approaches the game. I don't care for it. I don't like Chris Paul for the same reason he flops (so does Lebron). I don't like Dwight Howard for the same reason he acts like a goofy ****ing kid who seems to think being friends is more important that winning (in Lebrons case, he's a goofy kid who teams up with friends). This is a competitive sport, where the **** are all the players who want nothing more than to decimate opposing players? This shake hands before and after games, go on vacations together, get invited to opposing players weddings, is one of the noticeable downfalls to modern NBA. The league has no more killers. The league has become puzzified.

As far as just being professionally good dudes, I have much admiration for Tim Duncan and Shane Battier.