Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Portland Fires Coach Nate McMillan

Kevin Pritchard said Canales used to sleep at the practice facility in case a player wanted to work on his game in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    McMillan has been a solid coach over the years, but IMO it was time to let him go, so I'm glad they did. Many thanks and best of luck to him.

His fault was that he would only let his team play the way he wants them to play.. he did not utilize some players as well as they could have been because of that.
    Absolutely from an outside perspective it's a WTF but NATE SUCKED BALLS. Overrated is all I can say, he had zero flexibility as a coach and tried to force his style no matter what players he had to adjust to. Good riddance. Go coach another team to another boring first round loss.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Kevin Pritchard said Canales used to sleep at the practice facility in case a player wanted to work on his game in the middle of the night.
    I think it is also a situation where Canales would be better than Bickerstaff at evaluating for the future, and Bernie may want to coach again in the future, so having him bumped to head coach in a tank season is really doing him a disservice.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Nate McMillan is a good coach. Portland is dumb to get rid of him and earlier Cho. I really question Paul Allen with both firings, specifically how he handled them.

I'd like to see McMillan in CLT( NC is his home state) next year if Paul Silas retires.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    Nate McMillan is a good coach. Portland is dumb to get rid of him and earlier Cho. I really question Paul Allen with both firings, specifically how he handled them.

I'd like to see McMillan in CLT( NC is his home state) next year if Paul Silas retires.
    Firing McMillan was the right move, but I agree that firing Cho was bad. He new the team should have started rebuilding over a year ago, and Paul Allen didn't want to listen. I also don't think Pritchard should have been fired.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

More I sit on it... more I realize if Sloan doesn't want Clippers job... this guy needs to be a top option. Never before in NBA history do I remember 4 top tier NBA coaches being available in Sloan, PJ, McMillian and D'Antoni. Clippers NEED to get one of these 4.. in order.

What happended to Portland? They were starting off pretty good, what the heck happened? Suddenly blowing everything up?

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

I thought Allen and McMillian were BFF's for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    What happended to Portland? They were starting off pretty good, what the heck happened? Suddenly blowing everything up?
    you dont keep up with the nba?