Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Rate your conversation/speaking skills with this scale

Alright, let's think about this for a second. If we're asking the general ISH population, there's only a select few who come to mind, and it shouldn't be that difficult to arrive at who's the cream of the crop.

I emphasise crop because we're talking about the great state of Iowa, and who other but ISH's very own LamarDooms to put under the limelight. I mean, he's out there in Hollywood making dreams come true. Small town country boi transformed into Los Angeles superstar, and no, I don't mean the Black Mamba.

To be in such a talented, skillful, prolific position, you must be well equipped with convo skills, speaking... whether it be public or formal party speaking skills, etc. When they first introduced the red carpet in the celebrity universe, they had dudes like Josh (LOL, of course not me, but LD who is also known as Josh in RL) in mind.

So while he's way too modest to rank himself in these skill sets, we can all commonly arrive at the consensus he's top dawg in these much needed Hollywood attributes when it comes to being a successful all-my-dreams-are-coming-true superstars such as homeboi.

... oh but wait, me making this post is frowned upon, but he can make a random diss at me and nothing is thought of it. Yeah, double-standard card. LOL, thought so. All good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    probably 9. if there's one area I'm really strong in it's english/rhetoric. it's interesting too because I fancy myself an introvert, I've just been always really good at "faking it" socially. Extremely quick witted and able to to gather my thoughts quickly and coherently with ease. I am probably considered more intelligent than I really am because of it, it's an "academic" virtue that I've been blessed with.

I wasn't even aware you posted in this thread. Looking back, and seeing as you have, it comes full circle. Self-deek-sucking. No surprise there.

Grade "A" Genius Wile E. Coyote's Avatar

... I mean all the joking and bullshit aside ... let's just all keep it real. LD, Josh, or whatever you want us to refer to you as - when are you going to actually "make it" in this Hollywood dream (dream, yeah, I think that sounds about right, being in the literal sense a fantasy world where things only happen in the mind, and not in an actual RL setting).

I want to be a fan, I really do. I want to be a LamarDoom, Josh, whatever it is. I want to be a believer. Make me, make us belivers Josh. What's your next big project. When is your next "oh I'll be appearing in episode 11 for three seconds" and you just happen to forget to mention to us in between all that you'll be taking coffee and lunch orders for B level silver screen nobodys who talk down to you... I'm confident you'd be rolling off toilet paper and literally wiping the asses of these idiots you're aspiring to be if that's what it takes to put you on the same who-gives-a-fu*k pedestal they're on. Where is your pride man?

LOL, I can't wait until you (and the poor man's LamarDoom starface) MAKE IT and you can look back at all this blow up in my face. My God, I can't wait. Please, sooner than later, let it happen. Please.

On a final note... he will completely dodge my actual ? and he will start his own diss campaign. Make note, he will not address his current career status, his progression, or any of that. It'll be about insults back towards me, etc. I'm trying to gather some info on him and his Hollywood shit going on, but I'm confident he'll do whatever he can to shift the focus away from that. We'll see though.
    Last edited by Legend of Josh; 02-01-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Good High School Starter

I'd say i've worked my way up to a 4, close to 5. I've simply realized that i'm naturally at extreme ease, and with that I'll naturally communicate differently than others. So..I've kinda just accepted my relatively low tone/voice so I just chill, relax and speak at my pace. What I've really realized is that now that I'm rolling in school Im a beast at explaining school related stuff to another student.