Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Default what do yall think about this zizz workout routine?

thots?

i need a 5 day workout routine because i go to the gym during lunch Mon-Fri. i use the entire hour to lift only. when I come home, I do cardio, depending on how tired i am.

the only thing I see missing in there are abs, but I can hit those after work as well.

i've been goiing to the gym daily brehs, even better, I've been eating RIGHT. can a pinto beans, brown rice and some skinless chicken breast, topped with some low calorie salsa. i'm the dude sitting at my desk eating while shaking uncontrollably to lift his spoon because i just got done working out.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Default Re: what do yall think about this zizz workout routine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
can a pinto beans
There's an easier and cheaper way to do this. Get yourself a crockpot and do your own in one huge batch. It's not like a pressure cooker or pot on the stove that you have to watch. Divide it up into servings and freeze it. Defrost and use it as necessary.

If you want to change it up... get yourself a potato masher and go to town on those beans with it. You'll end up with something that almost looks and tastes the same as refried. Almost

Other posters here can give you better feedback on your exercise goals than me. Keep at it though
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:35 AM   #3
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

You want to make as many meals as you can on like a Sat morning and then have them for the rest of the week. Store them in plastic containers and bring them to work.

You should buy the book "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe

Also watch videos on proper form for deadlift, squat, bench, bent over row, cleans etc. Form is very important.

Follow that program, cardio, and the diet posted and don't deviate from it and it will work.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #4
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
There's an easier and cheaper way to do this. Get yourself a crockpot and do your own in one huge batch. It's not like a pressure cooker or pot on the stove that you have to watch. Divide it up into servings and freeze it. Defrost and use it as necessary.

If you want to change it up... get yourself a potato masher and go to town on those beans with it. You'll end up with something that almost looks and tastes the same as refried. Almost

Other posters here can give you better feedback on your exercise goals than me. Keep at it though
deifnitely, i need to experiment with making these foods better, although bush's canned pinto beans are actually the most palatable beans i've tasted out of a can. my dad makes the best beans i've tasted, but it's time intensive (he sorts through them by hand) and adds fat to them as well as red chiles to spice them up. they're so fvcking delicious but i can't affod that many calories at this time.

i'll stick with canned for now.

my biggest problem right now is finding a low calorie sauce that tastes good without being too fatty.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #5
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
You want to make as many meals as you can on like a Sat morning and then have them for the rest of the week. Store them in plastic containers and bring them to work.

You should buy the book "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe

Also watch videos on proper form for deadlift, squat, bench, bent over row, cleans etc. Form is very important.

Follow that program, cardio, and the diet posted and don't deviate from it and it will work.
rippetoe is a genius at this stuff. i've ready one of his books, science based and everything.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #6
plowking
Verticle?

Eh. He was on gear, so don't know why he is preaching diet so much. Pretty sure he was on tren to be specific too.

Seems like a typical bro split. Not bad, not great, etc. I worked out that way for pretty much 3 or 4 years, but have found full body is so much better lately.

I'll do chest and back one day, and shoulders and legs the other. Repeat each 3 times a week. Start off with the compound for each muscle group, then pick 2 other exercises to go along with it.
That way I'm benching 3 times a week, squatting 3 times a week, overhead pressing and deadlifting 3 times a week.
Doing more compounds, getting better at them, more efficient, and at the same time releasing more testosterone due to the compound movements thus having a positive effect on muscle growth.

Just my take.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:22 PM   #7
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Eh. He was on gear, so don't know why he is preaching diet so much. Pretty sure he was on tren to be specific too.

Seems like a typical bro split. Not bad, not great, etc. I worked out that way for pretty much 3 or 4 years, but have found full body is so much better lately.

I'll do chest and back one day, and shoulders and legs the other. Repeat each 3 times a week. Start off with the compound for each muscle group, then pick 2 other exercises to go along with it.
That way I'm benching 3 times a week, squatting 3 times a week, overhead pressing and deadlifting 3 times a week.
Doing more compounds, getting better at them, more efficient, and at the same time releasing more testosterone due to the compound movements thus having a positive effect on muscle growth.

Just my take.
interesting, i know j$ has preached about compound exercises and how they're superior.

could you post your routine for me? i've always been a fan of compound myself because it's easier than doing iso excercises and only hitting one muscle group once a week.

no iso excercise gives me the pump that a squat or deadlift can give me.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #8
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

Just my take.

I did that most of the time too

chest and back one day, shoulders and legs the next
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #9
AirBonner
Scary Terry

No cardio in your routine? Bruh....
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #10
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBonner
No cardio in your routine? Bruh....
1hr is barely enough to lift. gotta drive to the gym, change, lift and then drive back and stumble back into my desk in the span of one hour.

i do cardio when i get home.

the most important thing is eating right anyways.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #11
AirBonner
Scary Terry

Quote:
1hr is barely enough to lift. gotta drive to the gym, change, lift and then drive back and stumble back into my desk in the span of one hour.

i do cardio when i get home.

the most important thing is eating right anyways.
you have time. you need to start working out after work.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #12
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
you have time. you need to start working out after work.
nah, it's perfect to do it during lunch because i go with my friend at work and i see it as a pressure relief valve, i actually look forward to it now bc it's the 1 thing keeping me from losing my sh1t with all of these incompetent asshats at work.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #13
AirBonner
Scary Terry

Quote:
nah, it's perfect to do it during lunch because i go with my friend at work and i see it as a pressure relief valve, i actually look forward to it now bc it's the 1 thing keeping me from losing my sh1t with all of these incompetent asshats at work.
That is good keep doing it. But it is not enough time.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #14
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
That is good keep doing it. But it is not enough time.
i agree, but i may have to move to compound exercises...
Old 03-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #15
AirBonner
Scary Terry

Quote:
i agree, but i may have to move to compound exercises...
Nah you need more cardio. You don't need to bulk up. Start running to and from work
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: