Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 02-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #16
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Default Re: How come it's so quiet in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
As for people saying Dallas' window has now gotten VERY short with Kidd instead of Harris, well...Dallas' window has never changed. Dirk Nowitzki is still the franchise. It would have been the same with Harris or without him because the team goes as far as Dirk takes them. Let's say he has 3 years of being an elite player left. Give me those three years with Kidd over Harris. What's the point of having Harris in 5-6 years when Dirk is old and not a top player anymore?
that is an excellent point and something i hadn't thought about much. until another franchise player comes along, it seems to me you are absolutely right.

i haven't watched the mavs much so far post-trade, but things sound great from what mccallum has to say:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...303/index.html

Last edited by gigantes : 02-28-2008 at 07:14 PM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:05 AM   #17
Saishi
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: How come it's so quiet in here?

bleh....i don't post much, but probably won't be posting much in the future either....even if the Mavs make the playoffs. This place just has a lot of Laker trolls and it bothers me when they jump they happy @sses in on every topic, relevant to the Lakers/Kobe or not!

I doubt the fans are depressed, it's fun watching the Mavs, even when they fail in the post season. I was pissed about the Miami series, but never depressed or down on the team. I think the Mavs organization may have felt jilted or depressed, so they made the trade. I don't care what anyone says, I still can't get behind the trade. Every feeling I have towards the Mavs organization, not the players...is somehow disappointed. I hope Kidd is the cure all, even though I think candy coating the real issues with the team will not lead to victory. But the other half still watches and roots for a hometown team I've stuck with my whole life even when they sucked.

GO MAVS! and GO NETS (since my boys Harris and Diop over there now) and I'm keepin my d.harris in a Dallas uniform icon dangit!!
Saishi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: