Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #16
vert48
Can You?

Default Re: Bill Simmons on Game 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darabzarrabi
Well he gets paid for his basketball opinions and makes millions of dollars...soooo he wins
Bill Simmons does not make millions of dollars.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #17
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Bill Simmons does not make millions of dollars.

He most certainly does think his last book and his new book deal alone put him in the millions range
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:09 PM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

He's biased as hell, but he's a funny read, and besides that, the entire section about Paul Pierce was 100% true. People still thinking he faked an injury or whatever are stupid beyond words.

And this line was classic:

Quote:
a run-of-the-mill Grizzlies game is louder than a Finals game because there would be more real Lakers fans at the Grizzlies game.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 06-11-2008 at 11:13 PM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #19
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

Quote:
Q: What has been the funniest subplot of the Finals so far?

A: Curt Schilling's colorful blog post about sitting next to the Lakers' bench for Game 2. My three favorite things about this one:

1. You have to love the year 2008, when baseball players blog about their experiences at NBA games. I don't know how we got here, but it's fantastic.

2. The Kobe anecdotes are so damning you have to read them to fully grasp the significance. All I can say is I sat close to the court for Games 1 and 2 and can confirm everything -- the glares, the yelling, the extended staring, the poisonous body language and everything else. If this had been pickup hoops, some of Kobe's teammates would have intentionally thrown a game just to get back to the sidelines, then done the "No, I'm running with these four guys" routine when he came over to ask if they wanted "Next" with him.

3. It has been hysterical to watch the city of Los Angeles rush to Kobe's defense by ripping Schilling -- as evidenced by this T.J. Simers column Wednesday -- instead of coming to grips with the fact the last five months of hunky-dory, "Good Ship Lollipop" Lakers stories was Hollywood's biggest B.S. story of the year other than everyone in the Writer's Guild pretending they liked how the strike turned out. Kobe is a wonderful basketball player. We all concede this point. Just don't keep trying to sell us on the fact he's a good teammate. We have a decade's worth of evidence that says otherwise. When the going gets tough, he goes into "me mode" and it's way too late for him to change. Sorry.

Thats what probably drove Laker fans over the edge. Don't ever question Kobe The Messiah.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #20
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darabzarrabi
He most certainly does think his last book and his new book deal alone put him in the millions range
Sorry, I was talking about his columns, not other stuff.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #21
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

Surprised me that he didn't toast Doc for not fouling at the end. Only thing he likes more than ripping on Kobe is toasting Doc.

I agree with most of the column, though. Kobe's definitely got his "**** up and I'll kill you" and "Don't talk to me, just pass me the ball" thing going this series. Not sure if that negates a whole season of being a better teammate, but I guess that's a matter of opinion.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: