Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-16-2006, 11:26 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Nets are not a good team right now

last year Jason Kidd said "it's not who starts the game, but who ends the game."

Energy is there, hustle is there, late game execution.. is not there.

aint getting it done this year.

a few ideas come to mind:

lack of frontline toughness. last year Robinson had that distinction, and this year he is injured. Moore brings energy, Krstic is his stud self, but Collins still only does the little things, and Boone has not been given a chance to show anything.

though the bench is doing well this year, they are excelling offensively. defense? though Jacque Vaughn could not hit a shot to save his life, he did pressure the ball intensely.

another thing is... if Carter had one of those superstar nights... making the shots on the looks he is given, given all else constant, Nets would be on a four game winning streak now.

bench or no bench, defense or no defense, Carter must get into his superstar form. sure the calls have not been going his way, but since when does Carter mess up point blank layups or get rejected several times?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

CARTER NEEDS TO PASS THE F*CKIN BALL!!!!!!!!

I am really annoyed with him right now. The part of the game I did see, he drove to the rim and missed his shot of the side of the backboard, WTF?!?!?!

PASS THE BALL VINCE!!!!!!!
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:47 AM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6278504
Quote:
The failure of Nenad Krstic to develop his left hand over the summer.
what do you think about this statement there? you guys see a lot more games than i do so it's hard for me to judge.

one thing i have noticed is that krstic is producing stats akin to last year's (adjusted slightly for the fact that he took the summer off and started a bit slow). that's nice of course, but i was hoping that he would have worked on his skillset and continued to improve this year. does anybody here think that's he's better than last year?

the thing is, the big three were producing so consistently last year that they always had a chance to win. then the blossoming of krstic looked like the emergence of a 4th scoring threat that was simply too much for defenses to cope with, giving the nets a strong advantage most nights.

so what happened with this formula for success? is it broken because RJ has been bothered by these ankle injuries and hasn't been able to match his play from last year?

and i agree about losing the ace little man defender. with house and williams playing such shaky defense it looks like the job falls to kidd, and you can't have him trying to chase these lightning-fast PG's all game long. i really wish the coach would try adams on these guys more often, shifting the point responsibilities to carter or whoever.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:38 AM   #4
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

VC takes to many freakin 3's. hes got to drive to the hoop more n RJ needs to step up too
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

hey guys, last night Vince did stop jacking threes, taking only afew when he was wide open. he made nifty passes from the high post, from the baseline, from everywhere.

the reason he failed last night was because his layup and dunk attempts were all weak stuff or going from the wrong angle which was why he kept missing or getting muffed.

that is the reason he failed, not because he wont pass.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: