Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    College star

Default Re: Dwyane Wade = Best Shooting Guard this year?

Whoah10115 has been on the nail throughout this thread.

The argument isn't who is the better player between Harden and Wade. It's, who has been the better shooting guard this season. A sizeable portion of that correlates to the level of impact each has had on his team's success and progress. In my opinion, Harden has had a greater impact, despite the discrepancy in FG% between he and Wade.

Playing the what if game is asinine. If Wade was the Alpha on his team...if Wade wasn't injured...if Wade had more minutes....

So, we deal in false realities now? The fact is, he doesn't. And the question is regarding his current output, not potential output. The Dwight analogy Whoah used brings light to that fallacy.

This isn't a question asking who would you draft first, or who you rather have as your starting SG. This is, who is the best SG per this 2012-2013 season. If you're an objective observer of the game, then you'll probably echo these sentiments.

Serious playground baller Jolokia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    It's 21/5/5 on 51% shooting with 1 blk and 1.5 stls in 34 minutes while taking 15.5 shots. Once again, if you think Wade has declined from superstar status, you don't understand math.

For his role, I don't know what else you can ask from him. I have only two criticisms: FT shooting and consistency, as he continues to work his knee back to 100%. But, as long as he maintains his all-around game and keeps his FG% and efficiency high, he's basically maxing out the production that anyone could provide given that number of touches.

Think it's easy for an instinctive #1 to compress his efficiency and maintain commensurate production in a secondary role? Remember what happened when LeBron tried to do it in the 2011 Finals?

(Food for thought: LeBron is a better alpha than Wade (by less than you would think, though), but LeBron can ONLY be an alpha. But, Wade can be an alpha or a beta. LeBron can only do his job, but Wade can do James's job or his own (his current job) So who is more valuable?)

...Oh, and the All-NBA teams sorting out the best players? Awards that are voting-based? Did you really just type that?
    I agree on almost everything but LeBron is not a better alpha. He's just a better talent put in the position to be an alpha.

Very good NBA starter

by the criteria used in this thread it's basically "best stats = best player". Harden may be having a better statistical season on the Suns 2.0 but I'd take Wade over him too.

Bump.

Wade sweeps the series with Kobe, while scoring 30 Points on 67% shooting, to go along with 5 assists, and 4 steals. Also closed out the Lakers with 16 4th quarter points, and a variety of great defensive plays.

Kobe Bryant committed 3 turnovers down the stretch in that game, including getting his shot tipped by Wade twice. Heat win 107-97

Season Series
    Wade- 28.5 PPG, 5 APG, 4 RPG, 3 SPG, 60.5% FG, 2.5 TO
    Kobe- 25 PPG, 5 APG, 5 PPG, 1.5 SPG, 43.1% FG, 5 TO

kobe how my ass taste

As much as I dislike him, Wade has been playing very well lately, but he is still behind Kobe, and probably Harden too.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    As much as I dislike him, Wade has been playing very well lately, but he is still behind Kobe, and probably Harden too.
    for the entire season, yes he is behind kobe but he has caught up to the bearded dragon

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    for the entire season, yes he is behind kobe but he has caught up to the bearded dragon
    No, not quite. He is right behind him, and he is lucky that dragons don't breathe fire out of their asses.

Good High School Starter

1) Kobe/Harden
    2) Wade

The top 2 have been carrying the load moreso than Wade.

No, not quite. He is right behind him, and he is lucky that dragons don't breathe fire out of their asses.
    I can see why people would rank harden over wade because one had a shitty start and the other came out of the gate blazing but by the end of the season wade will most def be ranked over harden

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    I can see why people would rank harden over wade because one had a shitty start and the other came out of the gate blazing but by the end of the season wade will most def be ranked over harden
    Save it, Nostra'.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee

Season Series
    Wade- 28.5 PPG, 5 APG, 4 RPG, 3 SPG, 60.5% FG, 2.5 TO
    Kobe- 25 PPG, 5 APG, 5 PPG, 1.5 SPG, 43.1% FG, 5 TO
    Lock thread

Save it, Nostra'.
    you gon see

Basically, you can separate low IQ ppl in this site by grouping the ones that say kobe < wade.

Kobe will make the 2012-13 All-NBA First Team, his 11th which will tie Karl Malone's record of 11 All-NBA First Teams.

As for Wade? Will he make the 3rd team?