Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Default 500 Days of Summer

so first off, zooey dechanel is really cute, a blue eyed version of my girlfriend

and she can really sing-
    Zooey covering my favorite Smokey Robinson song

she's in this hipster band called "She and Him" with M. Ward (guy is a bad ass check this song of his out) and I'm weak for renaissance women so I've got a little celebrity crush thing for her.

joseph gordon-levitt is forgiven for 3rd Rock From the Sun (which wasn't awful in the grand scheme of family sit coms). Brick was cool, Miracle at St. Anna was too.

the guy got the Cobra Commander part in GI Joe too which is pretty sweet. play on.

anyways the movie:

there's probably no way for this film to avoid being labeled a "chic flick" but the writing is really good and it's a fun film. Not on the level of Eternal Sunshine but in the ball park. Good music choices, it's shot really well. Extraordinarily polished story telling. I don't want to give too much away but it's a cool film and definitely a good one to take your girl to if you're headed to the theater.
    Last edited by Lamar Doom; 07-25-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Default Re: 500 Days of Summer

I've heard good things about it, did plan on going to see it whenever it gets released in Australia. I like JGL, he's been very good in the movies i've seen him in (Brick, Mysterious Skin, The Lookout).

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I've heard good things about it, did plan on going to see it whenever it gets released in Australia. I like JGL, he's been very good in the movies i've seen him in (Brick, Mysterious Skin, The Lookout).

he's solid, seems like a sharp guy. i haven't seen Mysterious Skin, i'll check it out. He looks a lot like heath ledger to me, there's talk that johnny depp does ledger's joker really well and could do it in the future but i'd like to see him take a crack at it.

edit- was trying to find photos to provide evidence and it appears i'm not the first one to see it:

Last edited by Lamar Doom; 07-25-2009 at 11:03 AM.

soundcloud->solarcism

hahaha you're awesome, lamar. are you sure you're not related to me somehow? i've had a celebrity crush on zooey since 'almost famous'. (she was in that, wasn't she?) you're a lucky guy if your girl looks like zooey.

someone sent me a link to the trailer for this movie. i think it has a smiths track in it. it looked alright, but i mainly planned on seeing it because of zooey. perfect date film; i just need to secure a girl for it haha

Quote Originally Posted by playtetris
    hahaha you're awesome, lamar. are you sure you're not related to me somehow? i've had a celebrity crush on zooey since 'almost famous'. (she was in that, wasn't she?) you're a lucky guy if your girl looks like zooey.

someone sent me a link to the trailer for this movie. i think it has a smiths track in it. it looked alright, but i mainly planned on seeing it because of zooey. perfect date film; i just need to secure a girl for it haha

yeah zooey is the main kid's brother in Almost Famous. she's smokin in her little stewardess outfit in that. yes, lucky guy, I scored a ridiculously cute girlfriend.

the smiths have a couple songs in the movie and it plays into the story, the picture above is actually a scene where she's saying she likes the smiths because she hears it through his headphones.

I don't want to have you thinking this is a "perfect date film", it gets into the ugly parts of love like Eternal Sunshine did. Depends on the girl I suppose but it's definitely not aphrodisiac on film.

EDIT- if you haven't seen "All the Real Girls" you need to check it post haste. she's sick in it.
    Last edited by Lamar Doom; 07-25-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Banned

I cannot wait to view this.. But I have to all the way to the Santa Monica pier.. where they play these limited release films at..

btw.. JGL was solid in 'Mysterious Skin' and 'The Lookout' also..

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    I cannot wait to view this.. But I have to all the way to the Santa Monica pier.. where they play these limited release films at..

btw.. JGL was solid in 'Mysterious Skin' and 'The Lookout' also..

it's at a bunch of theaters in LA. Santa Monica promenade is a cool place to see movies either way. Bunch of theaters over there. Bunch of douchey rich tourists too but it's still beautiful. I love the west side.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    it's at a bunch of theaters in LA. Santa Monica promenade is a cool place to see movies either way. Bunch of theaters over there. Bunch of douchey rich tourists too but it's still beautiful. I love the west side.

Actually now that you mention it, I should check my usual spots, just in case.

I mostly go to The Bridge.. Its the closes to my place.. Plus, its a decent set up. Also, the Grove, since they tend to have a good variety..

Actually now that you mention it, I should check my usual spots, just in case.

I mostly go to The Bridge.. Its the closes to my place.. Plus, its a decent set up. Also, the Grove, since they tend to have a good variety..

I saw it at the grove. :) i hate the grove, between the pungent smell of the abercrombie cologne and the awkward essence of first dates I just about can't take it. the farmer's market is cool but that little area where the fountains blow and all the yuppy commerce is crackin makes me uneasy. they're doing some cool thing this summer though where you bring your own chair and watch projected movies at night. they were showing indiana jones when we walked into the theater. the bridge and the grove are cool though because they show the late movies. I am really into midnight and later showings.

Banned

I saw it at the grove. :) i hate the grove, between the pungent smell of the abercrombie cologne and the awkward essence of first dates I just about can't take it. the farmer's market is cool but that little area where the fountains blow and all the yuppy commerce is crackin makes me uneasy. they're doing some cool thing this summer though where you bring your own chair and watch projected movies at night. they were showing indiana jones when we walked into the theater. the bridge and the grove are cool though because they show the late movies. I am really into midnight and later showings.

Yeah Ive also noticed all the things you said.. I usually go there when Im chillin' with a good friend of mine that lives in Burbank. Its a good place to meet half ways, sort of.

Also, everytime where there we have to drink one of these:

i'm not a big drinker but i do like the taste of hoegaarden.

Banned

i'm not a big drinker but i do like the taste of hoegaarden.

Its the Champaign of Beer

Its the Champaign of Beer

technically I think that's Miller High Life but I get your meaning

he's solid, seems like a sharp guy. i haven't seen Mysterious Skin, i'll check it out. He looks a lot like heath ledger to me, there's talk that johnny depp does ledger's joker really well and could do it in the future but i'd like to see him take a crack at it.

edit- was trying to find photos to provide evidence and it appears i'm not the first one to see it:

they were in that movie "10 things i hate about you" together. maybe the patriot too, i'm not sure..

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

I have to bump this thread. For some reason, I really like this movie.

I'm not saying I can relate to the dude. I sorta like this chick from Denver but I don't live there so it's tough to feel something with a girl and not really get a chance to lay down a legit foundation but the way the movie ends is awesome.

He basically adopts the attitude that women are c[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]nts. He thinks, "Man, what am I doing to myself? I've been obsessing over this chick when there's so much potential in myself. I'm going to become a goddamn architect."

If he ever did get that job and bang Minka Kelly, he definitely upgraded. Any guy that is really dreading over a girl and can't get over her should definitely watch this movie. Maybe it will make them realize that the girl is holding him back and his potential to be awesome as ****.