Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Default Re: Why is the United States so much better at basketball than the rest of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Well if they're so much better than the rest of the world then why did Spain give them such a hard time in the Olympics?
    Here several factors:

NBA rules favor the athletic players much more than FIBA rules.

NBA players are not used to playing under FIBA rules.

Spain has been playing a long time together.

Spain is enjoying a unique generation of players, especially Pau and Navarro are two of the best European players in history.

USA did not take some of their best players.

Banned

Default Re: Why is the United States so much better at basketball than the rest of the world?

basketball is a culture, a way of life and theres many reason why that could be an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Because Wilt had sex with 20,000 women.
    LMAO! Father of the entire NBA

First of all only a few individuals can make enough money to never ever worry about money anymore in life. Most soccer scrubs make more money than good to great basketballplayers in europe.
    Aside from that only a few regions are that poor that sports is a better choice in life than education.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Same reason why China is so much better than the rest of the world in ping-pong and badminton.
    I remember Korea beat China in men's 1v1 ping pong in 2008

Same reason why China is so much better than the rest of the world in ping-pong and badminton.
    no, this is the reason why china is good at sports

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

It's all about popularity of the sport.

Which is the reason we aren't good at soccer. High schoolers here don't try to get on the soccer team. I didn't even know my high school had a soccer team for the first year i was there. We try to get on the bball and football teams.

Talking Re: Why is the United States so much better at basketball than the rest of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Because Wilt had sex with 20,000 women.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    african slaves selective breeding + invention of the game

Talking Re: Why is the United States so much better at basketball than the rest of the world?

This question has the same answer as if you would have asked...

"Why is the United States so much worse at soccer than the rest of the world?"

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    no, this is the reason why china is good at sports

I must have missed the part where I said "sports" instead of "badminton" and "ping pong".

I must have missed the part where I said "sports" instead of "badminton" and "ping pong".

Still they always excell at sports where training is more important than athleticism or "genetic" talent of any kind.

you gotta have athleticism "black" and an IQ to be good at bastetball.

Blacks are the most athletic race and U.S.A. has the smartest blacks

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Still they always excell at sports where training is more important than athleticism or "genetic" talent of any kind.
    "Always"?

Last time I checked, their men can't win at anything outside of ping pong, badminton, and diving. Their women win at the same + weightlifting and swimming.

Not exactly a huge list.

This one is extremely easy:

1) number of players
    2) money invested in High School and College basketball
    3) tradition (better coaches even at low levels)

Why are Spain, Germany, Brazil, Italy, and many more (even Portugal) so much better at football than the USA?

1) number of players
    2) money invested in youth systems
    3) tradition (better coaches even at low levels)

It works like that with every single sport. You can overcome the poor tradition by investing money in bringing the best coaches in the world to your country and replicating their system.