Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Knife, 3-foot lead pipe, or pistol with 1 bullet?

You never bring a knife to a gun fight. Only a single bullet, that's OK, no problem. I'd just pull out a couple of DOUBLE-A batteries and insert them into the chamber. Then just point and pull the trigger. I'm talkin' some Duracell overkill type shieeeeeeeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    You watch too many movies. If I hit you with a lead pipe anywhere on your body you are going down. You aren't going to block it with your arm and stab me or some shit, it's going to shatter your arm and you're going to drop like a bitch.
    You dont know what you are talking about my man.... A pipe is a blunt object and you will get only one strike to determine whether your opponent can endure that hit and proceed to inevitably file you like a fish or if he will immediately go down "like a bitch".... i have been accidentaly hit by such objects in my time.... it hurts very much, but thats it, it most certainly wont stop you especially with all that assumed adrenaline flowing thru your body in such a life-death situation......... and it wont shatter anybodys arm unless you perfectly with tremendous force diagonally/vertically smash the pipe into the centre of the guys ulnar/radius bones in his arm (which he will have to hold horizontally for you).......... and that either isnt a guarantee, even if it does get shattered you stand zero chance (unless that knife guy is truly a bitch)........

Now, i dont need to tell you what a BLADE can do with one strike to anywhere on the human body compared to a Pipe..... especially a Wakizashi.... do i? That i havent been accidentaly hit by.... and i dont want to find out...

The only time a guy will "drop like a bitch" from a Pipe is if he is unarmed, then he is forced to do that or if he is armed (with a knife or gun or a pipe himself) then you most likely hit him on the head....... and that will in this case be the only way for you to drop somebody holding such a Blade (or better yet a Handgun) like a bitch...... and that wont happen unless the knife guy you are attacking is an imbecille, i assume he would know how to use his of hand for you to strike while he sticks that blade so far up your intestines you will begin to see your angel wings immediately............ a knife is also much more faster and more maneuverable of a weapon...
    Last edited by pauk; 02-16-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    You dont know what you are talking about my man.... A pipe is a blunt object and you will get only one strike to determine whether your opponent can endure that hit and proceed to inevitably file you like a fish or if he will immediately go down "like a bitch".... i have been accidentaly hit by such objects in my time.... it hurts very much, but thats it, it most certainly wont stop you especially with all that assumed adrenaline flowing thru your body in such a life-death situation......... and it wont shatter anybodys arm unless you perfectly with tremendous force diagonally/vertically smash the pipe into the centre of the guys ulnar/radius bones in his arm (which he will have to hold horizontally for you).......... and that either isnt a guarantee, even if it does get shattered you stand zero chance (unless that knife guy is truly a bitch)........

Come on man, if you get hit with a lead pipe, especially in say the head or a lucky strike that breaks for example an arm or leg, you're not going to be right back up with all that, with this "adrenaline flowing" like dude is coke'd up or some shit. LOL. I think the dude you quoted who said you watch too many movies was pretty much on point. You're probably quite young and play too many video games. Enough to the point you have difficulty distinguishing the difference between fantasy and reality.

I've blocked a wooden baseball bat with my forearm before and as much as if Fukkin killed and bruised my bone, I don't see how a pipe is all that different, a huge knife is much harder to parry. Ill take the knife any day, especially if you get into his arms reach, the pipe becomes obsolete, if you both end up on the floor, wrestling, much easier to stab or cut than to swing....

As far as the pistol, it better be a goddamn magnum with a 44 caliber at least...if I had it, I would keep my distance and order the other two to fight to the death, before I take the winner out

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh

Come on man, if you get hit with a lead pipe, especially in say the head or a lucky strike that breaks for example an arm or leg, you're not going to be right back up with all that, with this "adrenaline flowing" like dude is coke'd up or some shit. LOL. I think the dude you quoted who said you watch too many movies was pretty much on point. You're probably quite young and play too many video games. Enough to the point you have difficulty distinguishing the difference between fantasy and reality.

A knife is much more faster & maneuverable.... can be used to kill you either from millimeter distance or further away, you will be able to move and manuever not only that weapon better but also yourself, there is so many ways for you to attack and every single attack/stab does much more damage...... Using a pipe you are extremly one dimensional & limited for doing vulnerable attacks because the opponent needs to be at one specific distance only and because it is a blunt you need to hit him only where it truly shuts him down (hoping that any hit on him anywhere will drop him is just a life ending risk)..... Using a knife you will always be deadly..... imagine the knife guy latching on to you, what will you do now? You certainly wont be able to hit him with a pipe from that distance/situation (not vulnerably), even if he doesnt attack you there he is at no danger....... but you are... at all times...

I have watched many movies.... and in none of them have i seen a guy with a blade lose to a somebody with a cro-magnon blunt object indeed.... but its also reality unfortunately...

You are a smart guy Legends of Josh, but on this one you need to trust me... i love movies & video games indeed, but i am not as young as you think and my sources as a martial artist far exceeds the facts i get from watching movies or playing games...
    Last edited by pauk; 02-16-2013 at 08:15 PM.

The person with the gun is very likely to miss. Most people aren't marksmen. I'd take the pipe. It has the better reach than the knife, and should fell either foe with one blow.

I'll take my fist over all three weapons.

The bat/pipe has the advantage on the outside but once you get within range the fight is over and to get to that range is much more easier than for the Pipe guy to keep you at one specific distance. Then it will be a grappling match, one holding a knife and one most probably being forced to throw his pipe away and defend himself with nothing but skin, flesh and bones....... If you shoot in they have basically one lucky swing to stop you before you get through the range. But just in case, fake high to get them to commit to a swing and then shoot for a takedown Royce Gracie style. Once you have a hold of them its over... cut hamstrings/puncture chest cavity/slash throats as necessary. Worst case scenario you eat a shot from the bat but if it's accurate enough to hit you on the level change it won't be powerful enough to knock you out......

Now, if the pipe/bat was a sword then its a different story, that hit you wont be able to shrug of at all no matter where it lands... hell you can just point it right out and run straight towards the guy with the knife... :P
    Last edited by pauk; 02-16-2013 at 08:43 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

"I got a knife and the knife is sharp"

"I got a pipe!"

You have to take the gun... I'm not gonna take my chances against a guy with a loaded gun even if it has one bullet.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Okay, I got this...you take the gun and point it back and forth at both if them and force them to fight it out.

Then shoot the winner of the two.

Wait, how big lead pipes are we talking about here? 3 foot in diameter or length?

Can we sharpen the tip of the lead pipe?

Could we attach sharp objects into the lead pipe?

Could we have one of those lead pipes that has multiple other lead pipes on it?

Could we use the pipe as a BLOW PIPE?

Last edited by pauk; 02-16-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    Okay, I got this...you take the gun and point it back and forth at both if them and force them to fight it out.

Then shoot the winner of the two.

We have a winner.

reminds me of the Joker having tryouts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCXbib9MahE
    pool tryouts by the joker

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Say you're in a 3-man fight to the death. The fight takes place in a small-ish area (say 50x50 feet, and you're caged in), relatively featureless (i.e. no room for cover). Your opponents are two individuals of similar size/build to yourself.

You get to choose your weapon first, any of the three in the title (knife, 3-foot lead pipe, pistol with 1 bullet). What's your selection, and why?
    Definitely pistol. Reason being I think it ensure the highest chance of survival.

First, if you pick any of the other two weapons, your survival chance already dropped to 50% at the very start. The pistol guy can choose whoever he wanted to kill.

Second, lead pipe isn't that scary. It could be devastating but it's freakin heavy and in such a small space it would be prone to rush tactic.

Third, knife guy is likely to be the one to get shot. I would definitely shoot the knife guy and take his knife if I can. If I can't then I can throw the pistol and bumrush the pipe guy.