Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

At least he didnt lie and was all like "ZOMG 35 POINTS ON 13-18 SHOOTING, 12 BOARDS AND 3ASTS"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
    If you suck, make an excuse.

I like it.

i just watched the game film from our first game. I didnt really make many mistakes, just a couple bad shots and i need to be way more aggressive. there were a couple times where i could have gone up and snatched the rebound but i didnt. we shot ****ing terrible from three, something like 2-15. way too many turnovers, just over all sloppy play. but we'll get better.

how is everyone else's games going?

droth how was your first varsity game?

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20

droth how was your first varsity game?
    oh man that is tonight im so nervous! i'll come on here afterwards and let you all know how it went... and as for our JV team we got some real bad news yesterday. Out only true big man tore his ACL and now needs surgery and is out for the season. We only have seven kids on our jv team now... oh well ... looks like i might be playing the whole game regardless of score lol

Quote Originally Posted by Droth24
    Out only true big man tore his ACL and now needs surgery and is out for the season. We only have seven kids on our jv team now...
    ouch, thats rough... I feel bad for anybody who tears or injures their ACL or any other major ligament in their body (mallet finger, broken dick ect.)

We had a guy at our school tear his ACL in his very last football game before basketball started. He was very proactive and did excellent rehab to strengthen and stabalize his new knee all throughout the summer after his surgey, but then in his very first football game back he tore it again. He didnt even play football as his #1 sport, just as somthing to do when basketball was out. He is one of the strongest person I know, mostly because I dont know if I would have given up or not after tearing my ACL the first time or if I would have just ended it after working so hard and then tearing it the second time.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
    If you suck, make an excuse.

I like it.
    It wasn't an excuse. All I said was that I didn't shoot well, and the lighting wasn't very good in the gym as well. If the lighting was better I probably wouldnt have shot much better anyways.

first game was tonight we won 57-46 so we play in the championship game of the tourney tomorrow against the team that is supposed to win the league we have a descent chance.. i didnt play at all tonight which was to be excpected though

****ing ****ty effort tonight. we can't get ANYTHING going on offense. We had countless times where it was one pass then a shot. We dont run the offense at all and me and the other post kid dont get the ball nearly enough. every time they threw it in to me tonight we got a good outside shot, we just couldnt knock the shots down. no one is shooting the ball with confidence. our seniors arent stepping up and being leaders. one of our main seniors just gets his head down and doesnt lead the team and the other one is better but he can only do so much. i think our seniors are starting realize that one year older doesnt mean one year better. i just think someone needs to step up and be a leader and i dont really think that im one to do that being one of two sophomores on the team but someone has to do it. i played decent tonight. im playing really hard but i dont think im playing as good as i can play. i made good decisions and i probably would have had atleast 6 assists from all the wide open shots we got from throwing it into me. i still just need to get stronger and be more aggressive. we really need to turn this team around.

Lets GO PENS!

Got another win. Did ok... I only scored 3. I kept bricking meh 3's finally I got one to drop. I missed a couple ft's. That really pisses me off. Cuz i'm a better shooter than that. I just rushed them.

Im at a comfort inn right now on a roadtrip. We put away another 5a team last night, but it wasnt good. They just kept fighting and we couldnt pull away until about 2 minutes was left on the clock. I had 9, but I could have easily had 15 if I just put in the bunnies. Hopefully, we can put away another good team today in the next few hours. They held one of our local rivals to 23 points last night, but I think we can put together a solid run.

EDIT: Im back to my home computer... we dominated the second team in 2 days by 19. They were supposed to be one of the best teams in the east of the state :
    Last edited by Fallguy20; 12-07-2008 at 12:41 AM.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

JV won 76-56

VARSITY won 65-41

I had 15 points....it's not much but we got the win.

i cant handle losing any more. we have another game on monday and we HAVE to get a win. were gonna get a win.

goal: 15 rebounds.

Lost the championship game by about twenty... which means i got in at the end! lol i think that losing is only going to make us better because this team was very good and it showed us where we are at and it helped us to see where we need to get stronger. One of our major problems is that we dont practice fast enough and then we werent able to play good with how fast the game was going...

Not airballing my layups anymore

So yeah, we were supposed to have a game last Wednesday, Saturday and Today, but they all got cancelled/rescheduled. Our next game isn't until next Tuesday now.

lost by 6 to the best team in the state

Quote Originally Posted by bballer
    lost by 6 to the best team in the state
    how is that one kid doing? the kid you said is one of the top ranked recruits in the 2011 class?

we lost again last night but we played better. I led the team with 14 points.. we have a game tomorrow and it SHOULD be an easy win if we play like we can play.