Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 Shaq

Banned

Default 2000 Shaq

2000 Shaq led the league in scoring and field goal percentage
    Had one of the GOAT finals performances and regular seasons

Isn't that enough reason for Kobe and Duncan to never be ranked higher than him on any all time list?

Default Re: 2000 Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by moe94

Isn't that enough reason for Kobe and Duncan to never be ranked higher than him on any all time list?
    All time lists are based on career accomplishments. If you're talking about best player all time lists then I don't think anybody has Kobe and Duncan over Shaq.

NBA rookie of the year

Most dominant year from an individual player in the modern era of basketball. Shaq was flat out unstoppable during his MVP year.

Yes. Anybody who honestly thinks Duncan or Kobe were ever the player that Shaq was is fooling themselves. There's really no discussion to be had.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

2000 Shaq = Best player of all time

Banned

League was so soft they had to make up new idiotic rules and fake offensive fouls to slow him down and try to neutralize him. Everyone wants to be tough and play rough until Shaq plays then it's flop city and crying about shoulders being lowered when going to the basket.

Most responsible for those 3 rings + made Wade look legit even though his whole career has been plagued with inconsistency. Now we can see why he didn't win with the Suns, Amare (lol 100m and they knicks won't even play him, injuries everywhere) and Nash (no defense, too slow) being exposed for the past few years. Would have won more with Lebron but you know he threw the finals so he could go to Miami.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Yes. Anybody who honestly thinks Duncan or Kobe were ever the player that Shaq was is fooling themselves. There's really no discussion to be had.
    I kind of have to agree with this. Shaq was just dominant on a level very few players can compare to peak vs peak.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    2000 Shaq = Best player of all time
    1950 George Mikan says hi

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    1950 George Mikan says hi
    Lol u made me burst out laughing in class.

shhhhhhh

all time career or all time best season?

No.

I like guys who come in focused, in shape, and give you the same level of effort and production year after year. Shaq's motivation went through a lot of peaks and valleys over the years. That's why he'll never be above Kobe in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    I like guys who come in focused, in shape, and give you the same level of effort and production year after year. Shaq's motivation went through a lot of peaks and valleys over the years. That's why he'll never be above Kobe in my mind.
    Yeah, but Shaq plays to win. Kobe plays to aggrandize himself and hopefully win while doing so.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

Shaq was the most dominant force the NBA has seen but he had the attitude that "i got hurt on company time so ill rehab on company time." He came to training camp out of shape. He was a jokester. YET, he was still so dominant that he won 3 titles performing at an incredible level.

Kobe was a better leader even though he had his flaws. His leadership by example was most important. Kobe might have snitched on Shaq when he was younger, but the man demands excellence on the basketball court and will feud with you if you aren't on the same page. Definitely flawed, but definitely better than the type of leadership Shaq provided.

Duncan is of course, Tim freaking Duncan. Consistent leadership with a championship pedigree. Consistently upped his level of play in the playoffs. Defensive anchor and unselfish.

No one is dumb enough to think Duncan or Kobe was better than Shaq. The GOAT list to me is a list of career accomplishments. Longevity, consistent greatness, and leadership all count for something. It's not just talent alone. It's the whole package, and it takes a team to win a championship.