Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
TAZORAC
Local High School Star

Default Am I the only person who thinks if JORDAN CLARKSON was featured he could score 20ppg?

I seriously think Jordan Clarkson has more talent then Kevin Martin had. Martin averaged over 25 a game for several seasons, although Martin is a better shooter, Clarkson is a better slasher...if Clarkson was featured (more then liekly on a bad team like the Brooklyn Nets) I think he could give you 20 a tonight.

Anybody else agree?
TAZORAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #2
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan

Default Re: Am I the only person who thinks if JORDAN CLARKSON was featured he could score 20ppg?

Clarkson is definitely more talented than Martin. Thing is, there's a massive talent disparity from then to now. Huge difference.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
100grandman
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Am I the only person who thinks if JORDAN CLARKSON was featured he could score 20ppg?

Clarkson is talented. But he misses a lot of shots, even fairly open one's. And he has shown that he's not ready yet.
100grandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
Docs Orders
Banned

He doesn't pass and he's reckless
Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #5
MoBe1Kanobi
Good High School Starter

Jordan Clarkson has had one of the more unfortunate strokes of luck

First from being the backup to the second greatest SG to ever play after a torn Achilles when he should've been a young player getting major minutes and featured offensively on an exciting young mid market franchise coming out the draft (still was all first team rookie despite this)

To then being forced to being a sixth man due to 6"6 ball dominant Lonzo Ball who, because of media enforced hype that had nothing to do with bball, he gets forced into a undesirable "make the best of your touches behind a developing rookie" mindset that the current Lakers FO has when they could've easily developed Clarkson like that

To now being forced into the Nike accumulate stats for Bran offense, he never had a chance.

Watching the Indiana and Toronto series I could easily tell that he would be the second option on Indiana and the 3rd option AT WORST on Toronto.. two teams solidly in the playoffs.

Cleveland is stacked when you have a guy like this towards the end of your rotation getting scrap touches.
MoBe1Kanobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #6
StrongLurk
StrongLaker

Clarkson could EASILY average 20ppg on 30 percent shooting if featured.
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #7
plowking
Verticle?

He used to kill it for my fantasy teams as a late pick, but he has been terrible with the Cavs. Its like he forgot to dribble the ball.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #8
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff

Talking Re: Am I the only person who thinks if JORDAN CLARKSON was featured he could score 20ppg?

A lot of players can but it would lead to a lot of losses

Look at Jimmer for example, could have put up 20+ ppg but no coach wanted him to. Tre Young has just as much talent and defense as Jimbo but hes going to get drafted to a team that wants him to put up 20 ppg
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:53 PM   #9
Bankaii
Trust the process.

Kevin Martinís team also won 17 games the season he put up 25ppg.
There are plenty of players capable of putting up 20+, but few players who are capable of doing it in the flow of an offense while not being a detriment to the team.

Clarkson has been complete ass in the playoffs. Hes not capable of being a main contributer to a championship offense.
Bankaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #10
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Agreed.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:02 PM   #11
ScalsFan21
Atkinson Fam Head

So basically he's Ron Harper, just without the defense or the proof of 20 PPG capability?
ScalsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #12
DocSlam
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
He used to kill it for my fantasy teams as a late pick, but he has been terrible with the Cavs. Its like he forgot to dribble the ball.
They have him trying to play point. Other teams are taking the ball away from him at will. His defense in the playoffs does not exist. It will be hard for him to ever be featured.
DocSlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:24 PM   #13
superduper
#StriveForCheapRings

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

There is actually a very real scientific phenomenon at work here and it is known as Bran Ball. This is where every single person on the team besides Bran is reduced to a spot up 3pt shooter and are not allowed to do anything else if it does not lead to a direct stat for Bran.

He didn't forget, he was told to forget.
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:27 PM   #14
bison
Decent playground baller

On a shitty team, yes.

There was a stretch a couple years ago where he was the Lakers best scorer.

Those were dark times for us Laker fans.
bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:32 PM   #15
Indian guy
NBA sixth man of the year

Featured on a lottery team? Maybe.

On a good team he shouldn't be getting more than 15 mpg. And that's if he's playing well. In these playoffs, he has been completely unplayable. Bad handles. Bad defense. Can't make a jumper. He's horrible.
Indian guy is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: