Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default "There is no difference Between John Mccain and Barack Obama"

Originally posted in 9/2008 [[[[EDITED:::: OCTOBER 2011

THIS THREAD IS BUMPED BECAUSE I WANTED TO ILLUSTRATE THE CENTRAL PIECE OF MY ATTEMPT TO ILLUSTRATE THE LACK OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BUSH ERA AND WHAT BECAME TO BE KNOWN AS THE OBAMA ERA, IN THIS THREAD, I ILLUSTRATED AND PREDICTED 8 DIFFERENT INDIVIDUAL EVENTS; I AM NOW PROPOSING THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:

Obama made a commitment to withdraw all combat forces in iraq in 2009, afghanistan 2010, actively properted he was either pro decriminalization of marijauna or against federal invervention. Obama claimed tactics against foreigners in quantanomo should be charged before they are held and never hurt or tortured.
    ]]]]]

With those heavy promises, can anyone name any policy that supported by Bush that was not furthered or continued by obama?

With their foreign policies, and I happen to agree 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007-2008 from me
    Former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has declined to endorse either John McCain or Barack Obama, and he told CNN’s Kiran Chetry on Thursday that he sees "no difference" between them because both espouse foreign policies that only create more threats to our national interests.

Chetry asked Paul, "Do you think it’s a valid argument … that a John McCain administration would be a four-year extension of the Bush administration?"

"Sure, but I think that’s what’s going to happen with Obama, too," Paul replied. "There’s no difference."

"Their foreign policies are identical," Paul explained. "They want more troops in Afghanistan. They want to send more support to Georgia to protect the oil line there. Neither one says bring home the troops from Iraq from the bases — you know the bases are going to stay there, the embassy as big as the Vatican, that’s going to remain. So their foreign policies are exactly the same. They’re both very, very aggressive with Iran. So I would say there’s no difference."

"How would you handle these global threats, then, if it’s not to send our troops there and make sure that we’re protected?" Chetry asked.

"We create the threats!" Paul replied emphatically. "Why are we on the borders of Russia provoking the Russians? I mean, the Georgians initiated the military attack against these enclaves where there were mostly Russians. … It’s the fact that we’re over there that we create these crises."

"Isn’t it part of our duty, though, to support these fledgling democracies that ask for our help?" asked Chetry.

"No, it’s not our responsibility to do that," Paul said firmly. "We should endorse the principle but not send troops and money. … Once we get over there, we just aggravate the situation."

"We bombed Serbia in order for Kosovo to become independent," Paul concluded. "Now the Russians are doing the same thing. … It’s this total inconsistency."
    Also, watch the video
    Last edited by XxNeXuSxX; 09-11-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Default Re: "There is no difference Between John Mccain and Barack Obama"

Of course, people are more interested at what's preferable between coke and pepsi than to actually read about an endangerment reality.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    Of course, people are more interested at what's preferable between coke and pepsi than to actually read about an endangerment reality.
    Keep your propaganda bull **** out of ISH imho.

Paul is a quack.

Cherry Coke *****!

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Keep your propaganda bull **** out of ISH imho.
    Um, how about you point out what exactly is propaganda? Please point out a fallacy in what the doctor said.

I would actually appreciate it if I could not have a braindead contributor who can read and comprehend politics, it's sad that the majority are like yourself. Uneducated and ignorant.

Oh, IMHO

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Centrist politics should drive the nation... extremism just does not work.

Caffiene free Coke / Cherry Coke *****es!

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Paul is a quack.

Cherry Coke *****!

Local High School Star

Unfortunately, I think he is right. Personally I think our situation, and that of the world as a whole, will continue to deteriorate during the next president's term regardless of who that president ends up being. Everyone's scrambling for oil now.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Centrist politics should drive the nation... extremism just does not work.

Caffiene free Coke / Cherry Coke *****es!

Unfortunately, there are no true "centrists", what you see is a mix of two flawed economic systems which both attack inflation, both have no relative concept of hard money, neither party has a plan for economic collapse. There is no middle ground between these morons, the past economic differences if the early 19th century is gone and we are traveling down an economic path to destruction. I say so because I calculated it using econometrics.

Banned

I agree with him but i think Obama is way more along the lines hes talking about than Mccain. To put them on even levels of staying in Iraq, Afghanistan, Georgia is completely false. Mccain has always been very 'not retreat' oriented, while Obama has been more in the middle and williing to back out.

Afghanistan is important because the Taliban has gotten a lot stronger. And supposedly Bin Ladden is there i think. Or Pakistan. But i agree with him, we need to start terrorizing from a distance. Look how easy it was to blow up Iraq with shock and awe. They just need to start giving us targets for whoever we want to rule, screw sending soldiers in. Damn i wish this were an RTS we'd win so easy
    Last edited by Smokee; 09-02-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    To put them on even levels of staying in Iraq, Afghanistan, Georgia is completely false. Mccain has always been very 'not retreat' oriented, while Obama has been more in the middle and williing to back out.
    The point is Obama is a mask, he's "middle ground" on attacking Russian troops? They have done nothing to ask for such a confrontation, and the fact we have troops over there is, in itself, a travesty. How would we like it if Russia had troops on the border of Mexico, with one presidential candidate saying "I'm on the middle ground of attacking Americans". The debate is how were troops authorized to go to somewhere we we were not directly threatened? Goes against the foundation of the Constitution.

And supposedly Bin Ladden is there i think. Or Pakistan.
    99% chance he's dead.
    But i agree with him, we need to start terrorizing from a distance. Look how easy it was to blow up Iraq with shock and awe. They just need to start giving us targets for whoever we want to rule, screw sending soldiers in. Damn i wish this were an RTS
    Or we could just protect our national security?

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

The point is Obama is a mask, he's "middle ground" on attacking Russian troops? They have done nothing to ask for such a confrontation, and the fact we have troops over there is, in itself, a travesty. How would we like it if Russia had troops on the border of Mexico, with one presidential candidate saying "I'm on the middle ground of attacking Americans". The debate is how were troops authorized to go to somewhere we we were not directly threatened? Goes against the foundation of the Constitution.

99% chance he's dead.

What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    What makes you say that?
    Just from Wiki for an idea.
    [QUOTE]April 2005: The Sydney Morning Herald stated "Dr Clive Williams, director of terrorism studies at the Australian National University, says documents provided by an Indian colleague suggested bin Laden died of massive organ failure in April last year … 'It's hard to prove or disprove these things because there hasn't really been anything that allows you to make a judgment one way or the other', Dr. Williams said."[97]

August 2006: On 23 September 2006, the French newspaper L'Est R

Banned

99% chance he's dead.

Nobody's talking about attacking Russian troops. As far as i know the only reason the U.S. is there is for humanitarian aid right now. I don't think we'd ever go to war with Russia or them with us.

The world around us has to be policed on some level. Unless you want Iran, N. Korea, etc. with nukes we have to get involved to some degree. That completely changes everything we can tell them to do, or not to do. And then theres Georgia who are an American supported Democracy being invaded. Who's President happems to be the head of the U.N. or something?

Thank Bush for bringing us into it. Mccain was his biggest supporter. Obama voted not to go in.

So you just posted 3 rather different theories and that leads you to believe there's a 99% chance he's dead.

Organ failure, typhoid, or murdered?