Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #31
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Default Re: Jon Kitna is just as good as Romo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
i'd do anything i could to get Gruden if i were JJ. he's no nonsense, players will be accountable, and if they aren't he won't give them 2nd, 3rd chances...

i thought it was funny how Wade Phillips and crew kept making the wrong calls on whether to kick the FG, not kick it, go for the 2 pt conversion, etc. thats some amateur shit right there. can't believe Wade Phillips has stuck there so long, actually nevermind i can see why since he probably does whatever Jerry Jones tells him, which is the other half of the problem.
I tried to explain this to you in the game thread but Wade has been a good coach winning wise up till this year...

Jerry would look like a fool if he fired Wade after going 11-5 and getting them their first playoff win since 96, or whatever...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #32
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Wade also isn't involved with the offense at all...

that go for the TD was decided by Garrett...(btw, Gruden spent a lot of time defending that call on National TV)
Old 10-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #33
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I tried to explain this to you in the game thread but Wade has been a good coach winning wise up till this year...

Jerry would look like a fool if he fired Wade after going 11-5 and getting them their first playoff win since 96, or whatever...

but i told you they had a lot of talents, and have for a llong time now, and always have underachieved under him. i mean having a good record when you're expected to compete for a SuperBowl year after year but fail to make the playoffs, isn't really something i think should be applauded.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #34
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Wade also isn't involved with the offense at all...

that go for the TD was decided by Garrett...(btw, Gruden spent a lot of time defending that call on National TV)

Wade is involved with the practicies, reptition, benching vs 2nd/3rd chances, and holding players accountable to their constantly screwing up. and i'm almost positive Gruden was doing a lot of the criticizing unless i was getting the voices mixed up.

anyways i don't know why u keep defending Wade. he is a soft coach and thats the last thing this team needs when players are screwing up all of the time all oveer the place.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #35
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
but i told you they had a lot of talents, and have for a llong time now, and always have underachieved under him. i mean having a good record when you're expected to compete for a SuperBowl year after year but fail to make the playoffs, isn't really something i think should be applauded.
we weren't expected to win the Super bowl last year and when is the last time a playoff winning team fired it's coach???

should Sean Payton be fired this year???
Old 10-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #36
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Wade is involved with the practicies, reptition, benching vs 2nd/3rd chances, and holding players accountable to their constantly screwing up. and i'm almost positive Gruden was doing a lot of the criticizing unless i was getting the voices mixed up.

anyways i don't know why u keep defending Wade. he is a soft coach and thats the last thing this team needs when players are screwing up all of the time all oveer the place.
I am not defending him THIS year (he will be fired FOR SURE)...but there wasn't an NFL fan on the planet that thought Jerry should have fired Wade after LAST YEAR...
Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #37
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:
i'd do anything i could to get Gruden if i were JJ. he's no nonsense, players will be accountable, and if they aren't he won't give them 2nd, 3rd chances...

i thought it was funny how Wade Phillips and crew kept making the wrong calls on whether to kick the FG, not kick it, go for the 2 pt conversion, etc. thats some amateur shit right there. can't believe Wade Phillips has stuck there so long, actually nevermind i can see why since he probably does whatever Jerry Jones tells him, which is the other half of the problem.

Gruden is not a great coach. He's flying by on reputation now a days. Now would he be better than Phillips, probably, but again, he's nothing special.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #38
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Gruden is not a great coach. He's flying by on reputation now a days. Now would he be better than Phillips, probably, but again, he's nothing special.

he made very talentless offense good, and created a hell of a D in TB for awhile winning a Superbowl. that was probably one of the worst teams personnel-wise to ever win one.

anyways i like Gruden's personality for the Cowboys team. they've already got very talented personnel, and i think Gruden would be good at utilizing it. i think Cowher is the one thats overrated tbh....
Old 10-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #39
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
we weren't expected to win the Super bowl last year and when is the last time a playoff winning team fired it's coach???

should Sean Payton be fired this year???

but they won the superbowl last year. all Wade did was get good records on teams that already had high expectations. is that really much of an accomplishment? especially when you don't make the playoffs?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #40
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Cowboys are likely to leave Wade in there the rest of the year. As it has already been stated, no coach wants to come from the outside and inherit that mess and try to fix it on the fly. If Wade gets fired during the season it's because Garrett is taking over and he doesn't deserve a job just as much.

Phillips will be gone after the last game of the season.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #41
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Quote:
he made very talentless offense good, and created a hell of a D in TB for awhile winning a Superbowl. that was probably one of the worst teams personnel-wise to ever win one.

anyways i like Gruden's personality for the Cowboys team. they've already got very talented personnel, and i think Gruden would be good at utilizing it. i think Cowher is the one thats overrated tbh....
The Tony Dungy defensive coaching staff remained in tact when Dungy was relieved of his duties. Monte Kiffin and The Tampa 2 did not go anywhere. Personnel wise The Bucs were a great team. Their defense has multiple hall of famers in Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, and John Lynch. The offense was solid. People seem to forget that Brad Johnson was a multiple time Pro Bowler. Warrick Dunn, Mike Alstott, and Keyshawn Johnson went to multiple Pro Bowls as well.

Gruden's tenure with The Raiders was incredibly impressive. He had that team consistently contending, and left a team that was so well coached that Bill Callahan could not screw it up.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #42
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
The Tony Dungy defensive coaching staff remained in tact when Dungy was relieved of his duties. Monte Kiffin and The Tampa 2 did not go anywhere. Personnel wise The Bucs were a great team. Their defense has multiple hall of famers in Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, and John Lynch. The offense was solid. People seem to forget that Brad Johnson was a multiple time Pro Bowler. Warrick Dunn, Mike Alstott, and Keyshawn Johnson went to multiple Pro Bowls as well.

Gruden's tenure with The Raiders was incredibly impressive. He had that team consistently contending, and left a team that was so well coached that Bill Callahan could not screw it up.

yeah but Gruden inspired them. they loved playing for Gruden, Sapp would talk about him all of the time.

that O was pretty bad imo. Keyshawn was always a bit overrated. Gruden got a lot out of his RB's no matter who they were, he'd always seem to get the most out of them. Brad Johnson had his moments at different places but he's also kind of sucked in different places too. still tho, i don't think that TB team had anywhere close to Superbowl personnel but they pulled it out and won one.

yeah there was a time when Gruden was considered an offensive genius. i think it was with Hostetler in LA, but anyways i really think he's good with his pieces and knows how to put them in good situations to succeed. and all of his players tend to really love/respect him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: