Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: I'm sorry, but Seth Rogen is NOT funny

not funny at all

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

He was funny in 40-Year-Old Virgin and Superbad but that's it.
    I know he is just gonna ruin The Green Hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    He was funny in 40-Year-Old Virgin and Superbad but that's it.
    I know he is just gonna ruin The Green Hornet.
    Still can't believe he got picked for that role.

Rogen is at his best in supporting roles. He can't carry a movie on his own as the lead.

im a superhero

i dont get how you cannot like him if you are a male between the ages of 15-35ish.

his humor is basically stupid shit that you'll think of with friends and you'll spend hours laughing over though his is scripted and rehearsed to be even funnier.

i think its simply become popular to hate on him because he has this notion of 'normal guy' around him with the way he looks and acts.

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    i dont get how you cannot like him if you are a male between the ages of 15-35ish.

his humor is basically stupid shit that you'll think of with friends and you'll spend hours laughing over though his is scripted and rehearsed to be even funnier.

i think its simply become popular to hate on him because he has this notion of 'normal guy' around him with the way he looks and acts.
    Which is why he isn't funny. That stuff is only humorous when you are sitting around high or really bored, not when you pay money to go see it and expect something better than what a bunch of random dudes would say in a stupid convo.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Which is why he isn't funny. That stuff is only humorous when you are sitting around high or really bored, not when you pay money to go see it and expect something better than what a bunch of random dudes would say in a stupid convo.
    Nah this is funnier than what you say with your freinds... I don't go into a movie demanding excellence when it's a comedy, I go in expecting to laugh and be entertained. And seth rogan is funny as hell in some of his movies.

Do you guys think will ferrel;s sense of humor is bad? Cuz I was dying throughout all of stepbrothers and the other guys.

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    i completely disagree.

take something like the scene in 'knocked up', when rogen is on the phone to the girl and his whole crew and him make out as if theyre having an orgy while hes talking to her.

shit like that cracks me up because its what id expect when hanging with my friends though obviously its original.

Quote Originally Posted by CMsam
    Actually, the generic guy who doesn't have his own sense of style, and just tries to fit in with whatever "man code" miller lite is creating in its commercials (i.e. you) was mocking dicaprio when he first came to prominence because he had so many adoring female fans.
    It's cute how you try to pin labels on people and yet fail badly each time you attempt it.

Rant without much thought? Dude my farts are more profound than anything you've ever contemplated.
    Uh huh, you're the definition of ignorant. I mean, calling someone who is far from a redneck a redneck? I guess giving people false labels is your go-to move since you can't actually debate worth a shit. You want to pretend that you're even the slightest bit profound? That's cute. Your simplistic and false generalizations are the opposite of profound, Skippy. You've had the same ol' angry 16 year old rebel-wannabee attitude for years. Until you learn how to pull your head out of your ass, you're going to be stuck in that same rut. Most people move on from that phase before they hit 20, but you're still there and you're how old?

Indiana Jones..... is for 14 year olds. I honestly can't even believe I'm having this conversation with a grown man, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I say you don't have taste, and you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. It's not like "back and forth insult banter" I mean you REALLY dont have a clue what you're talking about. Fret not however, for you are the majority. The dumb, generic, get-in-where-you-fit-in nobody that makes up the public at large. Mr. Redneck.
    LOL, you think movie critics are made up of 14 year olds? You think pretty much every movie site, which all rate Raiders better than Titanic, are made up of 14 year olds? The AFI which rated Raiders the #66th greatest American film of all-time is made up of 14 year olds? Who said it was my favorite movie in the first place? I love your debating style. You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about, but you pretend that the other person is actually the clueless one. Instead of actually debating while typing something relevant or something that has some sort of basis in reality, you do nothing but throw around lazy, ignorant labels like "redneck" or "generic" because you lack wisdom, wit, a clue, intelligence, relevancy, and a point. Taste, mother****er, taste? You lack even the most basic wisdom to even start to understand what taste is. You think anyone that disagrees with you is a generic idiot that makes up the majority. Keep raging, Mr. Contrarian. Maybe some day someone will take you seriously.

Rogen's movies seem to have no script and the director is lazy thinking that Rogen ad libbying is funny enough. It's not and he's not.

Decent college freshman

Not funny at all. Superbad and 40 Year Old Virgin were really good but I didn't like him in either of them either. He is fat, ugly and not funny he has not business in movies.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by CMsam
    It's basically Pete's Montreux mentality. People dont have any actual taste or sense of quality on their own, so they just figure out what "people in the know" are likely to think, and go along with it.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, or I could just be contrary to absolutely everything like you

Mmm, see how that works?

Decent playground baller

I also want to watch Freaks and Geeks but since he's in it, I probably won't.
    terrible reason. first of all, he's got a really minor role in the show. second, he plays that really minor role to perfection. and third, that really minor role he plays to perfection is absolutely nothing like any other role you've ever seen him play.

i don't mind seth rogen, just like i don't mind his movies. 'the hangover' was alright but nothing special, '40yo' was just a little bit worse, pineapple express was funny the first time but has little replay value. bro flicks are doomed to be shallow and crude and you can definitely squeeze some humor out of them, but they aren't instant classics like a lot of 'bros' claim.

rogen actually acted really well in 'funny people' though, and once you adjusted to his awkward character actually performing stand-up on stage, he had some pretty golden moments. he's nothing like the next jim carey or anything, mostly because a lot of his success is second hand off of judd's success, but he's not terrible.

and it isn't the case that most people like him because he's fat and ugly and anti-ashton. just like it isn't the case that most people like biggie because he's fat and different, just like it isn't the case that most people like obama because he's black and different. just like it isn't the case that most people like _______ because he's ______ and different. jesus it's amazing how hard one guy can try to apply his narrow polarized pessimistic view of a complex world when it just doesn't f*cking fit. lol
    Last edited by knobs; 12-20-2010 at 06:34 AM.

chrisxuk
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    I'm sorry, but millions of people disagree.
    Indeed.

In my opinion, he isn't funny. He's overated. BUT; I have enjoyed movies he's in; Superbad, Knocked Up etc. The films were funny, Rogen wasn't that funny.

I like Seth Rogen.