Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default G.O.A.T. Wrestler?

For me ...

The Rock

Greatest era, not corny, hilarious, entertaining, athletic, had the looks the wit ... just flat out easily the best entertainer to ever grace the "sport"

Even having been almost a decade out of the game, he comes back and cuts promos on John Cena and utterly destroys the kid

Your favorite?

Default Re: G.O.A.T. Wrestler?

I really don't have a GOAT.

My favorite are Stone Cold, Hogan, Undertaker Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Mostly back in the 90's.

The Rock is the the GOAT Sports entertainer.... the GOAT wrestler would probably be Kurt Angle

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Austin was way more entertaining to me, therefore GOAT. Just my opinion.

Favorite of all time is JEFF HARDY though.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Austin was way more entertaining to me, therefore GOAT. Just my opinion.

Favorite of all time is JEFF HARDY though.

Who didn't like the Hardy Boyz? So exciting.

I like The Rock too... but the GOAT Wrestler is fairly obvious. I'll give you a hint, he's 60 and still tearing his shirt off in commercials.

I watched The Rock, Stone Cold, Tripple H, Undertaker, Mat & Jeff Hardy, Edge, John Cena. These guys I grew up watching and would always support. Don't know about Hogan though. Mat Hardy was my first favorite though, loved his "Twist of Fate" move.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore WadeRekeforlife's Avatar

Bobby Lashley,Batista,The Undertaker,and Rey Mysterio were my favorites when i used to watch it

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

For me it has to be HHH or the Undertaker.

He's not my favorite but OVERALL i'd have to say this man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q23uzTeSJbE

Best mix of charisma, mic work, in-ring performance, longevity, impact and success I can think of. The rest. There were others who had all those but he was the best mix IMO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    For me ...

The Rock

Greatest era, not corny, hilarious, entertaining, athletic, had the looks the wit ... just flat out easily the best entertainer to ever grace the "sport"

Even having been almost a decade out of the game, he comes back and cuts promos on John Cena and utterly destroys the kid

Your favorite?

Has to be Ric Flair. Not only a terrific performer who had marathon matches in his prime and arguably the best mic skills ever, but also selfless. He put so many guys over in his career and could make any opponent look good.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The nature boy. Favorite wrestler of anyone 25 to 85 in the south. My grandma liked Ric Flair...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Has to be Ric Flair. Not only a terrific performer who had marathon matches in his prime and arguably the best mic skills ever, but also selfless. He put so many guys over in his career and could make any opponent look good.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    He's not my favorite but OVERALL i'd have to say this man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q23uzTeSJbE

Best mix of charisma, mic work, in-ring performance, longevity, impact and success I can think of. The rest. There were others who had all those but he was the best mix IMO
    Took the words out of my mouth. The Rock and Austin might have been more entertaining, but they weren't as well rounded. Michaels could wrestle on the mat or doing spots, great moves, great finisher, looked credible against everyone without making it seem unreasonable that he could be beaten (a weakness guys like Taker and Kane have is that someone like Mysterio or even Benoit didn't look completely credible against them), and - and this is where he beats Austin and The Rock, two of my favorites - he could put on not just a good but possibly even a classic match with just about anyone. Even Cena, who's admittedly kind of underrated as a performer, was able to put on an incredible match with Shawn Michaels. The other thing I respect about him is that even though he's so well known for backstage politics and stuff, he only won the world title three times. A lot of his really memorable feuds and matches didn't even concern the world title.

After Michaels, I'm going with The Undertaker (only weakness was that he was limited on the mic), The Rock (crazy that he was only a regular for like four years and quit when he was about CM Punk's age; if he'd stuck with wrestling, he'd be as big a legend as Hogan), Austin (only weakness was that he wasn't that incredible as a technical wrestler, not that that stopped him from having some great matches), and Edge (basically a 6'5 HBK with a bit less charisma in the ring although he was arguably an even better promo guy). My personal favorite is still Benoit, though, who had a fascinating if disturbing life. Ring of Hell, a biography about him, is still my favorite book about wrestling.