Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-29-2017, 04:47 PM   #76
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: NFL Ticket Sales Are Down 17.9% For Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
Nice argument shit for brains. I've been in a relationship for more than 6 years, and you obviously haven't--so why don't you go jerk off for that cheap dopamine hit and win yourself a few minutes of forgetting how depressed and alone you are?

Ooooh, looks I hit a nerve. How old are you? You are very old in cynicism years so I wonder about your biological age.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:03 PM   #77
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Then you should pay more attention.

You have the right to wipe your ass with the American flag if you want. That doesn't mean I support the behavior, but I also understand that if that's what you're into, then there's no law saying you can't.

I never said they did. You asked, and I explained...

Oh so you do have a problem with them kneeling.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=148

Primetime to UK: "so you support the kneeling?"

UK to Primetime:
Quote:
Yes. I've never said otherwise.

Hell, I support their right to kneel during the anthem if they choose. I'd just rather them not.

I think the Cowboys did it right. Kneel before the anthem, stand for the anthem.

Its funny that the left attacked the right for their guns and their religion, and when that didn't work, now they're trying to attack them for their patriotism.

Anything goes in identity politics I guess.

Okay.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:06 PM   #78
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Oh so you do have a problem with them kneeling.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=148

Primetime to UK: "so you support the kneeling?"

UK to Primetime:

Okay.

Are you retarded?

Yes, I support THEIR RIGHT to kneel. They have a legal right to kneel if they want, and I support their ability to make that choice.

I do not support THEIR REASON to kneel. They're trying to push a false narrative that only exists in liberal land.

People have a right to protest funerals of dead service members if they want, and I support their right to do so, because they have that right. I'm not going to tell them that they can't, or attempt to punish them for doing so, because they have a right to do that if that's what they want to do.

I don't support their reason for doing so, and I think they're all shitty people.

I'm not sure what part of this is confusing to you. I don't have to like something to support it. I support free speech, for BLM and the KKK (to an extent, you can't threaten people). Even though I think both of those groups are full of shitty people, they STILL have a right to free speech and whether I like them or not, they have that right and I won't try to stop them.

Last edited by UK2K : 09-29-2017 at 05:09 PM.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:16 PM   #79
ThePhantomCreep
College star

WeEx zipWe 41 we v f 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
Why can't you be a bit more honest? The Weather Underground were a bunch of patriots, yah, sure. You use the patriot label as dishonestly as the people who a vigitate incessantly for war behind its aegis do. Honestly, it's mind-boggling how f*cking naive you are and how stupid your understanding of history is (if one can even call it an "understanding" at all). How can a collection of facts that have a wide array of possible interpretations possibly "vindicate" anything? It is clear you are projecting your own prejudices and value-judgments onto history, nothing more--history is not a f*cking morality tale--both sides are still argued regarding just about every historical event that has ever taken places (except when still coloured by the prejudices of the day--i.e. unhistorical emoting). What you are doing is taking solace in what is effectively a religious 4Ginterpretation of historical events, without realising it, because you accept your own personal and subjective value judgments as a kind of absolute truth (this is a religious way of thinking btw).

Not to mention how many people didn't support Vietnam but supported Iraq, or supported Vietnam but not Iraq--nor even how many of the people who protested that war say nothing about Syria, Libya, Ukraine, Yemen, etc. (conflicts still raging that you are silent about, and that the US is largely responsible for). Convenient that.

And? We'll always have idiot contrarians like you who argue that the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery, of that the Holocaust never happened, or even that African-Americans lived better lives under Jim Crow. This isn't proof that "the debate rages on".

Civil War = slavery was the main cause
Holocaust = definitely happened
Jim Crow = awful, institutionalized racism

Vietnam = debacle for the US
Iraq = debacle for the US

The overwhelming majority of historians agree with these assessments. With regards to the latter two, the consensus that we effed up is so pervasive, Americans forget how controversial the protests were during the early years of these conflicts. It seems like a no-brainer now, but it took guts to go against our government during a time of war, especially after 9/11. Remember the Dixie Chicks? They suffered a ton of backlash for attacking GWB, and while the majority of Americans agreed with their assessment by the time Shrub left office, that wasn't the case in 2003-2004 and their careers took a huge hit as a result.

Last edited by ThePhantomCreep : 09-29-2017 at 05:41 PM.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:23 PM   #80
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Are you retarded?

Yes, I support THEIR RIGHT to kneel. They have a legal right to kneel if they want, and I support their ability to make that choice.

I do not support THEIR REASON to kneel. They're trying to push a false narrative that only exists in liberal land.

People have a right to protest funerals of dead service members if they want, and I support their right to do so, because they have that right. I'm not going to tell them that they can't, or attempt to punish them for doing so, because they have a right to do that if that's what they want to do.

I don't support their reason for doing so, and I think they're all shitty people.

I'm not sure what part of this is confusing to you. I don't have to like something to support it. I support free speech, for BLM and the KKK (to an extent, you can't threaten people). Even though I think both of those groups are full of shitty people, they STILL have a right to free speech and whether I like them or not, they have that right and I won't try to stop them.

Okay.

I do admit that I no longer understand their reasoning for kneeling. Kaepernick's reasoning was police brutality, but I have no idea what it was this past weekend (Trump calling them S.O.B.s isn't enough of a reason). What the Steelers did was right by avoiding the issue altogether, but idiots took that as Steelers protesting the national anthem and the military. Cowboys had to react to that by thinking it through further so idiots don't take it the wrong way like with the Steelers.

Just don't expect players to be fired for kneeling. Only a fool like Trump would put that up with the intention of being divisive. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean much - they don't need your or my validation.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #81
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Okay.

I do admit that I no longer understand their reasoning for kneeling. Kaepernick's reasoning was police brutality, but I have no idea what it was this past weekend (Trump calling them S.O.B.s isn't enough of a reason). What the Steelers did was right by avoiding the issue altogether, but idiots took that as Steelers protesting the national anthem and the military. Cowboys had to react to that by thinking it through further so idiots don't take it the wrong way like with the Steelers.

Just don't expect players to be fired for kneeling. Only a fool like Trump would put that up with the intention of being divisive. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean much - they don't need your or my validation.

yes they did right by being a bunch of cowards hiding in the locker room instead of going out and standing for the anthem .. even worse than kneeling
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #82
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
I do admit that I no longer understand their reasoning for kneeling. Kaepernick's reasoning was police brutality, but I have no idea what it was this past weekend (Trump calling them S.O.B.s isn't enough of a reason).

the current reasoning is a 'unity' thing against Trump's tweets

Trump's tweets were divisive, they are causing us to fight with each other...that can be seen in this thread. When the players come out arms locked it is to symbolize UNITY...both the right and left together, arms locked...no sides taken. It is stand against Trump's divisivness

Goodell and other owners made it clear that is what they are against Trump on here...the divisiveness in his tweets

Really...THAT is one of the main facets of Trump that makes him an awful President, he is still at war with 'the left'. It is his job to try and bring us together, not make us fight with each other.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #83
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Okay.

Not at all. I don't expect them to be fired, and I don't want them to be fired.

I don't want Jamele Hill fired, and I don't think Curt Schilling should have been fired, even though he was because he voted for the wrong party.

But freedom of speech has zero to do with what you are or are not allowed to do at work. If they were cut, or terminated, or whatever, I don't have any problem with that either.

But again, for anyone saying that they shouldn't be ALLOWED to kneel during the anthem, I say that's bullshit, because they have every right to do so if they so choose.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #84
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
the current reasoning is a 'unity' thing against Trump's tweets

Trump's tweets were divisive, they are causing us to fight with each other...that can be seen in this thread. When the players come out arms locked it is to symbolize UNITY...both the right and left together, arms locked...no sides taken. It is stand against Trump's divisivness

Goodell and other owners made it clear that is what they are against Trump on here...the divisiveness in his tweets

Really...THAT is one of the main facets of Trump that makes him an awful President, he is still at war with 'the left'. It is his job to try and bring us together, not make us fight with each other.

Yeah, the Packers tried that and it didn't go over well.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...ont/106098150/

The fans said **** that. Unity nothing.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:38 PM   #85
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Yeah, the Packers tried that and it didn't go over well.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...ont/106098150/

The fans said **** that. Unity nothing.
Yeah there are a lot of 'Merica tarded people in the country who don't understand it is about 'UNITY' and actually think the players are protesting the flag/anthem/etc lol

why would anyone be against unity?

I watched the game last night though...lots of fans locked arms and there were no boos
Old 09-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #86
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Agree with all of prime's posts here.

Gonna go take a shower now.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #87
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Ratings for last night's game were down 13%
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:14 PM   #88
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Agree with all of prime's posts here.

Gonna go take a shower now.
I saw so many of these type comments from Cowboy haters that loved what Jerry did.

"Please God don't make me love Jerry Jones...what is happening!!!"

^^ stuff like that
Old 09-29-2017, 06:21 PM   #89
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

It's no wonder. Next to Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers has the most punchable face.

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #90
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

Were the crowds as threadbare as Trump's recent Klan rallies?
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: