Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Real NBA Height

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Default Re: Real NBA Height

But hey, I'll get in on your method, if to prove you're wrong about Elton's height.

Elton Brand, 6'7 in your eyes, is standing a foot away from 6'5 Shawn Marion. Elton does look a little bit taller, a little bit.... notice Elton's heels, he's cheating! He's trying to tip toe his way to a taller height.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    I never use NBA.com heights and yes my method is reliable. Barkley was measured 6'4 5/8" which is pretty much 6'5" so Jordan's 6'5 1/2" height makes sense because he is a tiny bit taller than Barkley.
    6'4 5/8 compared to 6'5 and a half is nearly an ince of difference. Jordan and Barkley are identical to each other. Hell, in some pictures, it looks like Sir Charles is taller than his airness.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    But hey, I'll get in on your method, if to prove you're wrong about Elton's height.

Elton Brand, 6'7 in your eyes, is standing a foot away from 6'5 Shawn Marion. Elton does look a little bit taller, a little bit.... notice Elton's heels, he's cheating! He's trying to tip toe his way to a taller height.
    Marion and him aren't even standing side by side Marion is behind Brand and Duncan is on his toes too. It is possible Marion grew too.

NBA rookie of the year

6'4 5/8 compared to 6'5 and a half is nearly an ince of difference. Jordan and Barkley are identical to each other. Hell, in some pictures, it looks like Sir Charles is taller than his airness.

Jordan is taller than Barkley
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 07-28-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Marion and him aren't even standing side by side Marion is behind Brand and Duncan is on his toes too. It is possible Marion grew too.
    Forget the distance between the two, use the background as the measuring stick.

And yes, Marion continued to grow even years after the body basically stops growing. Good one.

Look, I know you like to go around using this method, you've been on countless sites under other names obsessed with this method and heights. Hell you have a photobucket account dedicated entirely to hosting NBA players side by side pictures. What are you overcompensating for?

[IMG][/IMG]

Jordan is taller than Barkley

[IMG][/IMG]

Jordan and 6'6" Julius Erving
    Of course they are, do you have no concept of what an optical illusion is? None whatsoever it seems.
    Last edited by Wonder Bread Kid; 08-18-2007 at 02:05 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Forget the distance between the two, use the background as the measuring stick.

And yes, Marion continued to grow even years after the body basically stops growing. Good one.

Look, I know you like to go around using this method, you've been on countless sites under other names obsessed with this method and heights. Hell you have a photobucket account dedicated entirely to hosting NBA players side by side pictures. What are you overcompensating for?
    I only use this name and I only use the photobucket account because you can't post gettyimages without uploading them on that type of site first. Any other questions? lebron23 is the other person who posts about this. You came to this thread saying Brand was 6'5" and Bibby is 5'10" which isn't true so i posted stuff to back up my argument.

NBA rookie of the year

Of course they are, do you have no concept of what an optical illusion is? None whatsoever it seems.
    Wow they are standing right next to eachother!

You came to this thread saying Brand was 6'5" and Bibby is 5'10" which isn't true so i posted stuff to back up my argument.
    You're right, you backed it up so well.

Forget the 1) Bibby on Leno and them being the same height. I've meet Leno, he's 5'10. 2) Former NBA players first hand account of Brand. And no, he wasn't joking.

But all that is overrode by your incredible player line ups.

Wow they are standing right next to eachother!
    They are? Shoulder to shoulder? Back to back? Yeah, no. Dr. J is behind Jordan and Jordan is to the side and a bit in front of Barkley. Creatling preceptions that their heights are similar, higher or shorter.

NBA rookie of the year

You're right, you backed it up so well.

Forget the 1) Bibby on Leno and them being the same height. I've meet Leno, he's 5'10. 2) Former NBA players first hand account of Brand. And no, he wasn't joking.

But all that is overrode by your incredible player line ups.
    Give me a link to Elliot saying that and then Explain how Brand is clearly over an inch taller than Maggette and Livingston.

It is very difficult to compare height when the other player is wearing thick shoes, just what DA KO KING said in the other thread that Wizards Center Spencer Haywood wear a 2.25 " Air Sox in his NBA Pre Draft Measurement to appear as a 7'1.

Just look at this set of picture you can see that Wade is wearing a much thicker shoes so that he can appear as tall as Butler.

Caron Butler is 6'5 1/4 while Dwayne Wade is 6'3 3/4.

To Wonder Boy, Do you watch the Jay Leno Show his flatform is not balance which give the illusion that he is taller than 5'10. MIke Bibby is a proven 6'1 and this guy does not wear lifts or elevator shoes because when he play basketball it will probably break his ankle.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 08-18-2007 at 02:18 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    It is very difficult to compare height when the other player is wearing thick shoes, just what DA KO KING said in the other thread that Wizards Center Spencer Haywood wear a 2.25 " Air Sox in his NBA Pre Draft Measurement to appear as a 7'1.

Just look at this set of picture you can see that Wade is wearing a much thicker shoes so that he can appear as tall as Butler.

Caron Butler is 6'5 1/4 while Dwayne Wade is 6'3 3/4.

Good post Caron is also slouching while Wade is standing straight making them seem the same height.

Give me a link to Elliot saying that and then Explain how Brand is clearly over an inch taller than Maggette and Livingston.
    It was a pre-game radio show from 2001. I doubt I could find it. Maggette and Livingston I doubt are the heights you list and who's to say Mr. Brand isn't tip toeing or pulling a Barkley/mug shot on us.

Good post Caron is also slouching while Wade is standing straight making them seem the same height.
    Caron isn't slouching in the first picture, he's slightly leaning to his left a bit but not enough to create a difference.

THere's so many things/tricks these athletes use/do to create the illusion of a height they deem something they need.