Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 02-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #1216
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Default Re: 2017-2018 regular season...back to square one again

Hours before he’d turn back the clock with a nod to Vince Carter that wound up winning him the Verizon Slam Dunk contest, Donovan Mitchell took another look into the past, thinking back on his earliest NBA memory, the first time the league he’d one day join actually became real to him. “Man, that’s a tough one,” the Utah Jazz rookie told Yahoo Sports during Saturday’s media session. “The first one that comes to mind, I would say, is probably ‘The Decision’, with LeBron.” Makes sense. Mitchell was 13 years old when LeBron James went on ESPN to tell Jim Gray that he’d chosen to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers and join the Miami Heat in free agency. It was a huge deal — “That really changed the league, from that point on,” Mitchell said — that had nearly 10 million sets of eyeballs glued to television sets all over the United States. – via Yahoo! Sports

“I was there, when he had The Decision,” Mitchell explained. “So that would probably be the biggest one. It was in Greenwich, Conn., and I went to school in Greenwich [at Greenwich Country Day School],” he said. “So, as a big LeBron fan in the sixth grade, I forced my mom to let me go. I wanted him to go to Miami. I wanted him to get his first ring.” Young Donovan was glad to see one of his favorite players chart a course for a more successful future. Not everybody at the Greenwich Boys & Girls Club shared his enthusiasm. “The people there who were Knicks fans … they weren’t too happy about it,” Mitchell said. “I almost got hit in the head with a Snapple bottle because they were just throwing stuff around outside. It was cool. I was just celebrating, so it was pretty cool.” – via Yahoo! Sports
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:26 AM   #1217
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Quote:
Utah Jazz

@utahjazz
Darrell Griffith will present @spidadmitchell with his #VerizonDunk trophy this Friday 🏆

Cool! I was hoping The Golden Griff would make his return at some point with Mitchell around.

Have to bring back Corey Crowder too.
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #1218
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Super note from the great Danny Franks from @utahJazzpr Only four players ever to knock down over 140 threes on better than 45% from three before the All-Star break: Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Kyle Korver and JOE INGLES
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM   #1219
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

David Locke
@Lockedonsports
Utah Jazz are 21-9 when Joe Ingles makes 3 3 pointers in a game.

Over last 15 games Joe is averaging 15 pts and shooting 54% from field and 3 pt range

On his last 70 above the break 3s he has made 35 of them
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #1220
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Quote:
Sam Amick: Atlanta Hawks nearing a buyout with Ersan Ilyasova, I’m told. – via Twitter sam_amick

He'd fit
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #1221
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Damian Lillard still holds a close bond to Johnny Bryant, now an assistant coach for the Jazz. As fellow Oakland, California, natives, their friendship is bigger than hoops. “That’s my big brother,” Lillard said. “I remember barely being in the seventh grade, getting ready for an AAU tournament and Johnny was in college at Utah and they would come back and scrimmage us on outside courts with no net. “That type of struggle, that type of background and I’m happy to see his success as a coach as well,” he added. – via Deseret News

Lillard’s bond first formed with Bryant as early as middle school. At the time, Bryant was still playing for the University of Utah while Lillard was making a name for himself in their hometown. They would train in the offseason together at California’s Berkeley Adult School, also known as “West Campus.” Literally nothing in the crackerbox gym was state of the art from the wooden backboards with black tape to form the boxes to the dusty floor and old-school rims. – via Deseret News

“I don’t look at him as Damian Lillard. I look at him as Damian, my little brother I’ve been knowing for so long and when we talk it’s not about basketball,” Bryant said. “It’s about life, just how to become better people. He has a baby on the way and things other than basketball. If he wants to talk basketball, we will, but for the most part, a lot of it is just old memories.” – via Deseret News
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #1222
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Jeff Zillgitt: A few teams (Kings, Bucks, Jazz) submitting bids for All-Star Weekend. Don’t care how it shakes out, but I’ll take Salt Lake so I can get some late winter fly-fishing in with @Spencer_Durrant following the game. – via Twitter JeffZillgitt

Ryan McDonald: The Jazz announce that they have officially submitted a bid to host the 2022 or 2023 NBA All-Star Game
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #1223
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Quote:
Jay Allen: The @Utah Jazz say PG Ricky Rubio (sore left hip) is available to play tonight vs. the @Portland Trail Blazers. Rubio missed Utah’s win over Portland last week at Moda Center. – via Twitter PDXjay
oh well. fun whlle it lasted. Can only hope Snyder will pull him when he's back to vintage Ricky
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: